Empire Veteran
# 11
06-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zahinder View Post
It's a little tough to ignore, given lockboxes appear EVERYWHERE, pop up in every STF for 'roll on this!,' and I constantly get messages about people finding various ship prizes.
I concede that the lockbox drops are annoying, but if you want the option to turn off the announcements of people finding various ship prizes, then I suggest you look at your options.
Captain
# 12
06-22-2012, 12:16 PM
If trekkies/trekkers really had such a bad time dealing with gambling/self control, then why is the convention in Vegas?

Or is this a conspiracy of where they're learning how to monetize from? :biggrin:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Career Officer
# 13
06-22-2012, 01:09 PM
They clearly have the tech to limit specific things as "one-per-account." If they want to keep this stuff rare they could still sell the ships directly through the C-Store with the stipulation that the buyer could only have one of each rare ship commissioned at any given time.
Captain
# 14
06-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulisvel View Post
They clearly have the tech to limit specific things as "one-per-account." If they want to keep this stuff rare they could still sell the ships directly through the C-Store with the stipulation that the buyer could only have one of each rare ship commissioned at any given time.
Why would they even consider doing this? "Hello Mr. good customer. Since you like our product, we aren't going to sell you another until you get rid of the one you already have."

On what level does that make any sense at all?
Lt. Commander
# 15
06-22-2012, 01:42 PM
On the same level as putting reflective tint on the inside of the lingerie store window. :wink:
Career Officer
# 16
06-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmera View Post
Why would they even consider doing this? "Hello Mr. good customer. Since you like our product, we aren't going to sell you another until you get rid of the one you already have."

On what level does that make any sense at all?
It keeps the ships rare (what CBS wants) but it lets the player buy the ship directly without having to gamble (what a large number of players want).

Think of it like this:
Say you have 3 Fed and 3 KDF characters. You buy the Jem Bug in the C-Store and have to decide which one of the six total characters you have can use the bug. Now say later down the road you want to use that bug on a different one of your six characters, you dismiss the ship on the first character you claimed it on, and because you purchased it through the C-Store you can claim a new one just like any other C-Store ship.
Captain
# 17
06-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignman View Post
If trekkies/trekkers really had such a bad time dealing with gambling/self control, then why is the convention in Vegas?
That's precisely *why* the convention is in Vegas. :tongue:
# 18
06-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle23 View Post
That's precisely *why* the convention is in Vegas. :tongue:
Then maybe PWE will bet Cryptic on 1 hand of blackjack?
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.