Lieutenant
# 1 Give us some more skill points
06-22-2012, 08:16 AM
How about giving us a few more skill points to spend? I know Cryptic are not wanting to give us any more points until they are happy that there are good new things to spend them on. But i think for our current vice admiral levels, we are a little short.

I have respec'd my characters many times. I have tried many a different build and tactics, weapons, bridge officer skills and ships. But no matter how I set my ship up etc, I always fall short of a few skill points. I understand that you can put a point or two less in a certain skill and make up those skill points by adding a certain item to make up for it. For example ( I put one less point in my shield emiiters and make it back by putting on a Maco prototype shield and it will give me 18 emitter points back.)

But no matter how i set my ship up i always feel that i could do with another 10,000 points or so. 10,000 Points is not a lot to ask for! It wouldn't be over kill and it would just help players expand a little on their current setups.

Thanks for reading. Holyhelmet
Lieutenant
# 2
06-22-2012, 08:21 AM
to any admin, i put this in fed play instead of Community Feed Back, if you could move please?

My bad Nice new forums by the way.
Career Officer
# 3
06-22-2012, 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhelmet View Post
Nice new forums by the way.
Seriously?
----
Lieutenant
# 4
06-22-2012, 09:05 AM
To the OP, a lot of people are bitter with the new forums. They're a step backward than what we're used to, though since you haven't used it beforehand it's alright if you say you like them :p
===========

Yeah... Not the best signiture, but it's my first time using an advanced image editing program, so... woo!
Lieutenant
# 5
06-22-2012, 09:27 AM
The topic is Skill points guys, not furm looks :p
Commander
# 6
06-22-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyhelmet View Post
I have respec'd my characters many times. I have tried many a different build and tactics, weapons, bridge officer skills and ships. But no matter how I set my ship up etc, I always fall short of a few skill points. I understand that you can put a point or two less in a certain skill and make up those skill points by adding a certain item to make up for it. For example ( I put one less point in my shield emiiters and make it back by putting on a Maco prototype shield and it will give me 18 emitter points back.)

But no matter how i set my ship up i always feel that i could do with another 10,000 points or so. 10,000 Points is not a lot to ask for! It wouldn't be over kill and it would just help players expand a little on their current setups.
Not that I don't agree with you, but this is the whole point. They calculated everything so that your character would still have weaknesses and shortcomings when you reach level 50.

When I first started the game 2 years ago, I had unknowingly distributed some of my skill points into areas that didn't actually serve me any benefit as a tactical officer. I didn't know about the engineering skills that boost your energy levels on your ship, nor did I know that energy levels would be so important.

I respected my character and specialized myself to make better use of those skills, and now my character is as optimized for space combat DPS as much as possible. My warp core, shields, and engine energy factors are maxed out. My damage and critical hits for energy and projectile weapons are maxed out. My weapons energy falls just short of being full. I had to take out points from my hull strength and resistances to get there.

Cryptic intended for it to be this way. If players had more skill points to spend, they could make themselves entirely overpowered.
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
06-22-2012, 06:48 PM
My ship's skills are fine, but ground needs a little bit more.

Task Force Zulu--Back to Duty X4 SB T1.5, Tac 2, Eng 1 & Sci 1.
To the Edge of Space and Beyond

Subscribe to STO--1200+ days
LTS December 2011
Republic Veteran
# 8
06-23-2012, 08:08 AM
And if they give more Skillpoints, you'd be hearing people complain some more..... no offense but i remember back when VA was introduced people were whining for Unlimited skillpoints so they could max out everything.
Lieutenant
# 9
06-23-2012, 09:36 AM
The OCD in us all requires it :tongue:

Seriously though, I remember being really annoyed when I only realised that I couldn't max out everything when I got to VA xD Kinda wish I had planned it out a bi tmore, ya know?
===========

Yeah... Not the best signiture, but it's my first time using an advanced image editing program, so... woo!
Captain
# 10
06-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Just do everything up to level 6. Anything above that is just a waste on return of investment anyway.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining