Commander
Hello!
I have a (hopefully) quick question about something I read in the release notes.

Quote:
+ All STF Ground 2-Piece Active Powers now share a 20-second Cooldown Category.
.....o Activating any of the following will place all others from this list into a 20-second cooldown:
..........- Distortion Field (OMEGA)
..........- Adrenal Booster (KHG)
..........- Emergency Shield Capacitor (MACO)
Now, I'm not familiar with the workings of these STF abilities. Did they all have separate cool-down timers that are just becoming uniform at 20 seconds?
Commander
# 2
06-22-2012, 09:45 AM
They had their own 45 second cooldowns, and still do.

What this means is if you're using 2 pieces of the Omega Set, and 2 pieces of the MACO set (you can carry 2 weapons, remember) activating the Shield Capacitor will put your Distortion Field on cooldown for 20 seconds, whilst the Shield Capacitor gets its usual 45 second cooldown.
Empire Veteran
# 3
06-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skhc View Post
What this means is if you're using 2 pieces of the Omega Set, and 2 pieces of the MACO set (you can carry 2 weapons, remember) activating the Shield Capacitor will put your Distortion Field on cooldown for 20 seconds, whilst the Shield Capacitor gets its usual 45 second cooldown.
There was also the issue of players using 2 of the same set at different levels, for example, a player with an MK XI KHG Weapon and Shield and an MK XII KHG Weapon and Armor could have two adrenal boosters to spam.
Man is a gaming animal. He must always be trying to get the better in something or other.
Warning, this poster tends to talk nonsensically when caffine levels fall below 80%.
Commander
# 4
06-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Learn something new every day.

I didn't figure on having 2 pieces of one with 2 pieces of another to get both 2-piece abilities. Add to that I didn't realize for some odd reason the weapon counted as part of the set and that caused some problems, too.

Thanks all!