Starfleet Veteran
The following is list of improvements that is requested with future updates with the Foundry:

-------------------------------------------

My Personal Requests:

Editor UI:
  • Return to Wider Text Entry Windows. (Current version is too narrow).
  • Visibility State - Centered In Window.
  • Dual / Multi Faction (Foundry Missions that could be any faction).
  • Chat Window
  • Ship Costumes - Cleaner UI and more functionality (like what are those paint options?)
  • Ship Library Cleaned up and organized.
  • Missing C-store ships added to the Foundry Library
  • All In-game costumes available in the Foundry, like the Bajoran Outfits.
  • Neutral Faction Clothing
Testing Character:

Ability to have a Preset Testing character than an "alternate". That way you can properly test VA-intended missions with End-game gear or Testing it for new LT and LTCs.

All ships and equipment available with 0 cost. (Not sure if its possible since the Foundry is connected to the account than being on another server like Tribble, but would be nice if your testing character had no limits).

Enemy NPC Settings:

Ability to set NPCs limitations in a Foundry mission.

For example: Prevent Space NPCs from using Special Abilities like Consoles. Or on the Ground, Romulans using the Thalaron Devices.

Or Unique NPCs having Power Settings: For example: Turrets with fast and weak bursts or slow and powerful bursts.

MAPs:

Empty Maps for Custom Interiors

Position Above / Below other Objects. (This helps with customized areas, where you can see that little box you put on that table without the table object being above the box in the editor).

Warp-To Location: Like we have with Social Maps in going from one location to another. Like ESD to the Shipyard, or DS9 to Quarks or OPs.

Feel Free to add your own to this list.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Coming!

Last edited by azurianstar; 08-07-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Career Officer
# 2
08-05-2012, 01:25 AM
At this point I'm most concerned about the fact the editor is so laggy. Priority #1 for me is to fix that so the editor responds well again. There's no point adding more stuff if we can't even make use of what we have because the editor won't respond.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-05-2012, 04:27 PM
Only time it lags for me is when I accidentally make the window box on the map editor and it taking a while to calculate the objects within it. (Honestly, wish that ability had an on/off toggle).
NO to ARC!

Survivor of Romulus
# 4
08-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Mirror Universe ships

(Can they come back please?.. taking them our has screwed over one of my foundry missions)
Ensign
# 5
08-07-2012, 01:13 AM
Would be good if you could decided if units are allies or enemies. For example current the only way to have Klingons as allies is to play Federation ships on the map and then change their costumes to Klingons. Obviously this is costly in terms of time, and could be easily rectified by giving us control on setting alliances etc
Ensign
# 6
08-07-2012, 05:06 AM
Having played with the foundry, my list would go:
  • NPC Markers to command them to walk/fly places,
  • Some form of co-ordinate system, we go in-game, we bring up the co-ords for a paticular spot, we go back to editor and set our object to those co-ords
  • ...or a 3d editor
  • AI wander to work in editor testing
  • The ability to change the rank,ship etc of our foundry player to suit the level the map is aimed at (for better testing)
  • Ability to have only the player in a mission without resorting to corner spawning to remove your away team.
  • Ability to change the players ship, character model.
  • Ability to make an object visible relative to the players current height
  • im sure alot of other things ill add later
Ensign
# 7
08-07-2012, 04:43 PM
What they should add is the missing levels on DS9 like quarks bar and Ops.
Rihannsu
# 8
08-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Well.... it's funny you should mention those.... After doing research, myself and several others have concluded that they ARE there, just shuffled off in a corner where the game won't let us use them. The DS9 social zone is apparently a single map. The promenade is the main part, but when you take a turpo lift, it apparently moves you to a different part of the map instead of a new map entirely.... where exactly.... is a good question. Try using /loc or /location to work it out. IIRC it gives you HUGE negative numbers.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Well I think one of the biggest issues in the Foundry I would like changed is under costumes. Choosing faction SF/KDF for the costume has no other function than to limit the choices of wardrobe to list A or B. There is absolutely no need to fixate on faction when choosing your wardrobe. I should be able to make a Federation officer who wears KDF boots or a Alien mix. This alone would greatly expand the combinations of costumes without having to add more.
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
08-07-2012, 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
Well.... it's funny you should mention those.... After doing research, myself and several others have concluded that they ARE there, just shuffled off in a corner where the game won't let us use them. The DS9 social zone is apparently a single map. The promenade is the main part, but when you take a turpo lift, it apparently moves you to a different part of the map instead of a new map entirely.... where exactly.... is a good question. Try using /loc or /location to work it out. IIRC it gives you HUGE negative numbers.
Exactly right, it is in another part of the map and when you go into OPS or Quarks, it warps you to another location on that map. Which is a function that would be very nice to have with the Foundry on these maps. Because right now, our only choice is to use multiple maps to go to these locations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandukutupu View Post
Well I think one of the biggest issues in the Foundry I would like changed is under costumes. Choosing faction SF/KDF for the costume has no other function than to limit the choices of wardrobe to list A or B. There is absolutely no need to fixate on faction when choosing your wardrobe. I should be able to make a Federation officer who wears KDF boots or a Alien mix. This alone would greatly expand the combinations of costumes without having to add more.
Yes, this we do need more wardrobes that isnt Klingon or Federation. Especially when we are dealing with alien races and all we got is the civilian clothes.
NO to ARC!