Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
Ok guys. I just wanted to give you guys some summary of what stuff is OP and you can all post your thoughts about specific aspects of this game. Please state the reason why something is considered OP by you. It can be anything from Consoles to Doffs and from Abilities to Pets!

Please include a short but properly explained description with all the variables which are included in the OP'ness. In example; Danube Shuttles are basically adding 4/5 TB ensign class TB's to your ship for free, etc etc. Also add what the trade off is by having the danubes. Does it remove a ship console in exchange for the hangar? Etc.

Please fill in:

The issue:
Chroniton spam

The explanation:
Unclearable, stackable. No immunity.

Kkchnk!

Last edited by marctraiderz; 06-22-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
06-22-2012, 11:26 AM
1. Brace for Impact Doff (Shield distribution Officer)
2. Carrier Pets with more than 1 abilitiy
3. Chroniton weapons
4. Viral Matrix Doff + Viral Matrix
Lieutenant
# 3 This is a Joke right?
06-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marctraiderz View Post
Ok guys. I just wanted to give you guys some summary of what stuff is OP and you can all post your thoughts about specific aspects of this game. Please state the reason why something is considered OP by you. It can be anything from Consoles to Doffs and from Abilities to Pets!

Please include a short but properly explained description with all the variables which are included in the OP'ness. In example; Danube Shuttles are basically adding 4/5 TB ensign class TB's to your ship for free, etc etc. Also add what the trade off is by having the danubes. Does it remove a ship console in exchange for the hangar? Etc.

Please fill in:

The issue:
Chroniton spam

The explanation:
Unclearable, stackable. No immunity.

Kkchnk!
The issue:
This Thread

The explanation:
This thread will contain everything in game by the end of the week.

Kkchnk!
Ensign
# 4
06-22-2012, 03:10 PM
what is OP? the fact that SOMEONE ELSE STOLE MY NAME
Career Officer
# 5
06-22-2012, 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlordsob View Post
The issue:
This Thread

The explanation:
This thread will contain everything in game by the end of the week.

Kkchnk!
LOL well u got me fed up with alot of work now then
Career Officer
# 6
06-22-2012, 03:27 PM
The issue:
Pet spam

The explanation:
Ruins the UI, creates lag, and forces players to deal with massive amounts of PvE when they really want to PvP. Against a Carrier team, you can have your entire team fighting pets the whole match and never get close to a low-spam scenario.

The issue:
AMS and SS

The explanation:
Even carrying 2 sciteams (wich very few can do due to slot limitations and the need for other teams) you risk being scrambled half the match :/ These abilities need to have their duration limitied to the same as VM. (VM1 for AMS) There also needs to be a resist after clearing scramble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsifaithborn View Post
yeah, and this too!
Career Officer
# 7
06-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsifaithborn View Post
It may have been you yourself. One strong possibiltiy I see is that your name is blocked now because it also used to be your account name (which was theoretically disallowed or not recommended during Cryptic's time, but not enforced). I suspect that this leads to names being still locked out, even if you now have a new account name. But I can't be sure. Maybe just someone will soon send us all a PM under our old usernames and ask you for 5,000 C-Points or he will post blatant misinformation under your username to ruin your online identity as PvPer.

Mustrum "If someone where to do it, how much would you be willing to pay, BTW" Ridcully
Commander
# 8
06-22-2012, 10:37 PM
The issue

Anything MT flies or uses is OP

The explanation:

he wont' tell anyone but Sarek

<end>

or , you choose :-)
Rihannsu
# 9
06-23-2012, 06:42 AM
phaser procs,

too many sources, no way to activate enough ETs to clear it. Way more devastating then all other procs.

Jem bug and C-store Oddy,
better then all other scorts/cruisers
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
06-23-2012, 06:52 AM
The issue: All DOffs

The explanation: Because I can list that DOffs are OP and my opinion means everything. :p