<a href=http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5 target=_blank>http://tinyurl.com/msywqm5</a>
Chillax. No Ego. No Drama.

Like my alien? Watch THE VIDEO
Need custom graphics for you or your fleet? Click HERE
Lieutenant
# 12
07-05-2012, 09:26 PM
Carrier Spam: +1
Just from a lag and UI POV, they're very disruptive. If nothing else, there should be targeting options that let you ignore pets and/or NPCs so you can at least physically select the target you want w/o having to type in their name (e.g. make it where Control + click ignores pets, Alt + click ignores non-enemies, Control+Alt+click does both).

Also, I'm firmly of the opinion that carrier pets in general -- and advanced carrier pets in particular -- are in serious need of a nerfing. At the very least, their procs stack so well that they seem almost immune to the principle of diminishing returns, which really should apply to just about everything.

Shield Doffs: +1
I've done the math over an over again with tons of combinations, but there is absolutely nothing that matches these doffs for a serious tanking build. I love using them, but I know that they are in serious need of a nerfing -- either cut their healing down by 25-50% or make it where they don't stack, because as it stands they are the no-brainer choice.
Captain
# 13
07-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlik View Post
Carrier Spam: +1
Just from a lag and UI POV, they're very disruptive. If nothing else, there should be targeting options that let you ignore pets and/or NPCs so you can at least physically select the target you want w/o having to type in their name (e.g. make it where Control + click ignores pets, Alt + click ignores non-enemies, Control+Alt+click does both).

... SNIP ...
fyi, you can change your default targeting options to ignore, pets, objects, etcs. Though it would be nice to dynamically associate an enemy or neutral to a hotkey.
Lieutenant
# 14
07-05-2012, 10:18 PM
OP: People's egos.

Why: It's the source of all weeping, gnashing of teeth, and unplanned exhibitions with goats.

"You can't do that!" "Why not?" "It's OP! I'm reporting you!" "Ban him!" "I hate you!" "What did you do to my goat?!"

Do this, do that, don't do this, don't do that, you better not use this or else I will spam opvp chat and say mean things like how you're a poo poo head for using it!

Oy vey, I need an aspirin. Fly what you want, when you want it. If you blow up, eh, if he blows up, woohoo. If the goat blows up, then someone's gotta pay the penalty.

PS: Goats ftw.

PPS: Internets are fun aren't they.
Lieutenant
# 15
07-06-2012, 03:40 AM
Not mentioned yet

Plasma Leech and Aceton Assimilators, both these drain too much and when they stack it very much OP

I'd also agree with most of above those above, pets with abilities, AMS, chrono procs should clear. Make the shield Dist doff one slot only, no stack.

And the armitage should lose a weapon slot
Lieutenant
# 16
07-07-2012, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
fyi, you can change your default targeting options to ignore, pets, objects, etcs. Though it would be nice to dynamically associate an enemy or neutral to a hotkey.
That's true, but they're on-off option, i.e. either you ignore pets/objects all the time for auto- and tab-targeting or you never do. And it doesn't do anything to help if you're trying to pick a PC name out of a crowd of pets. (I was just in a horrible PvP match with four carriers on the other side -- you literally couldn't see anything because the HUD was so crowded, couldn't pick out names when team leader calls a target, etc.)

+1 to your suggestion of being able to assign a target to a hotkey temporarily -- they really need to add this. In Cure Space, for example, it would be nice to save the Kang to your temp slot so you can easily check on its status, send it heals, etc.
Empire Veteran
# 17
07-07-2012, 08:53 PM
OP: Chimichangas

Reason: There is only one bathroom on the ship so every time the chef has a chimichanga night the whole ship does nothing the an entire day as the crew waits to make a deposit.

NERF chimichangas!

Chimichanga-just tons of fun to say.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Lieutenant
# 18
07-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by covenanter View Post
Not mentioned yet

Plasma Leech and Aceton Assimilators, both these drain too much and when they stack it very much OP
+1,000,000,000

Seriously, this really needs some rebalancing -- all the power drain abilities are getting out of hand b/c there are only a handful of things that defend against them. They need to make it where these stack in a much more limited way (e.g. largest drain + 1/2 of 2nd largest + 1/4 of 3rd largest etc.).

Another idea would be to make it where Power Insulators actually, you know, does something. I faced off with someone using a very OP carrier power drain build (advanced interceptors + polaron weapons + all the usual sci abilities), and even though I had power insulators at 107 (!) he was still able to literally shut me down almost constantly. (We actually had a good conversation about it later, and he was shocked when I told him how high my Power Insulators was -- he had no idea it would work that well against someone with even mid-range Power Insulators.)

Power drain has a snowballing effect that creates a death spiral: You lose power to shields so you take more damage, you lose power to aux so your healing gets smaller, you lose power to weapons so you're less able to fight off attackers (especially annoying pets), and you lose power to engines so your defense plummets and you can't do anything to get away. Everything gets steadily worse until you're just sitting there, helpless, until you eventually get destroyed.

Because of this, there really needs a back-stop to prevent this snowballing from getting out of hand and making it the end-all, be-all of strategies.

My suggestion would be for Power Insulators to determine the maximum power drain you will ever suffer under any circumstances (either a flat limit, a percentage of your normal power level, or preferably the lesser of these two values), and use Flow Capacitors to determine how fast your attacks will get to the target's Power Insulators limit (and how well you overcome their power transfer rate).

Will this change, someone who is completely optimized for Flow Capacitors will get you to your limit and keep you there with relative ease, but at least you'd have the choice of how much power drain you're willing to tolerate by how much you invest in Power Insulators.

EDIT: One other idea I just thought of -- how about letting your aux power level give you resistance to power drain the same way that your shields power level gives you resistance to shield damage? Or, for that matter, why not apply shield damage resistance as a reduction to all incoming power drain?

Last edited by sarlik; 07-07-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Career Officer
# 19
07-07-2012, 08:57 PM
everything that someone else has that i do not have or do not know how to counter is OP. because i don't have it. or it kills me. so it must be OP.

/end

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Commander
# 20
07-07-2012, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiledon View Post
everything that someone else has that i do not have or do not know how to counter is OP. because i don't have it. or it kills me. so it must be OP.

/end
Exactly how I feel
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up