Republic Veteran
# 1221
02-11-2013, 11:12 PM
I wish we had Ferasans on the FSF Starbase.

[6/24 23:12] [Combat (Self)] Your Thalaron Pulse deals 126254 (48978) Radiation Damage to Tactical Cube. Hehe. Suck it Borg!
[10/8 15:47] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 98082 (147136) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach. WUT? I blame Kurland for this and all other problems in STO.
Captain
# 1222
02-11-2013, 11:16 PM
As do I. I hate looking at all these Klingons! And all these Ferocians are pompous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesebasket View Post
Does this meet all the requirements for fleet advancement?
It does. Of course, promotion to Elite is at the Masters's discretion. So asking may or may not be a good idea, depending on which Master you ask. Alecto promoted you, though, so no worries! :-D

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Republic Veteran
# 1223
02-12-2013, 01:28 AM
So close to having my last two turrets. Just need 4.9million total right now.

[6/24 23:12] [Combat (Self)] Your Thalaron Pulse deals 126254 (48978) Radiation Damage to Tactical Cube. Hehe. Suck it Borg!
[10/8 15:47] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 98082 (147136) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach. WUT? I blame Kurland for this and all other problems in STO.
Captain
# 1224
02-12-2013, 02:39 AM
That is because you are buying too quickly. You buy up all the ones priced at 2 million, and the only ones left are 3-4 million. I made that very same mistake with my Fleet Negh'Var, and I do not intend to repeat this.

In the end, you choosing today to buy is actually good for me, because it gives time for the Dilithium Exchange to stop going up the moment I post an offer, and the item Exchange to lower the prices again after you finish your build. If the Dilithium Exchange ever stops trolling me, my plan is to buy 1-2 turrets a day, which will allow for the price battles to lower the cost again between purchases. Even if this takes me a week to outfit my Odyssey, it will give me a lower cost than buying all at once.

My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Empire Veteran
# 1225
02-12-2013, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
As do I. I hate looking at all these Klingons! And all these Ferocians are pompous!

It does. Of course, promotion to Elite is at the Masters's discretion. So asking may or may not be a good idea, depending on which Master you ask. Alecto promoted you, though, so no worries! :-D
Alecto did request that shadow cats ask about promotions so it would be easier for the masters to keep up.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Republic Veteran
# 1226
02-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Why is our fleet set up the way it is? To prevent this.

The Ferasan Shadow Force is a solid fleet with solid leadership. We want to ensure it stays that way. However, as the fleet grows, we will most likely miss some promotions. It is not due to elitism or lack of caring. It is entirely because we just can't keep up with everyone.

If you think you are up for promotion, please contact a Master. Worst thing we could do is decline the promotion which leaves you exactly where you are now. It never hurts to ask.

As for promotion to Master, we have enough for now and you never have to ask about those. If we feel you are worth of being a Master, we will contact you.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Empire Veteran
# 1227
02-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Don't see how Cryptic can ignore that.
In other news Blog 35 is up.
They didn't waste anytime that's for sure lol.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...91#post8011791
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891

Last edited by ashkrik23; 02-12-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Captain
# 1228
02-12-2013, 02:57 PM
I wonder how long until it makes its way into the game. Next patch?

I know in my case, I was never able to make good use of it as a Cruiser. It just seemed in an identity crisis between Cruiser and Science. The high level Science instead of investing in Tactical meant that the DPS was inferior to the default ships of the tier. Although the higher shield and hull did compensate for this, the elongated batted got tedious very quickly. After a while, I switched back to the Stargazer (T3), and the Star Cruiser (T5). The Fleet Ambassador version having a universal slot, well, let's hope it gives someone some usefulness.

Update:
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
Why is our fleet set up the way it is? To prevent this.
What do they mean by "a system that promotes a new Fleet Leader after 30 days of inactivity?" As far as I know, no such system exists, and it will not exist until someone can link me to a page on the STO website that says this explicitly.

I was in a Fleet for a long time that had exactly such an issue. The leader went missing since September. By December, I was the only Fleet Admiral who ever logged in, plus I was #1 in the Leaderboard, but I never once saw any notification asking me if I wanted to become the leader of the fleet.

Last edited by lindaleff; 02-12-2013 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Update
Captain
# 1229
02-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
What do they mean by "a system that promotes a new Fleet Leader after 30 days of inactivity?" As far as I know, no such system exists, and it will not exist until someone can link me to a page on the STO website that says this explicitly.

I was in a Fleet for a long time that had exactly such an issue. The leader went missing since September. By December, I was the only Fleet Admiral who ever logged in, plus I was #1 in the Leaderboard, but I never once saw any notification asking me if I wanted to become the leader of the fleet.
Apparently there is a system that lets the next highest rank claim leadership if the head honcho has been inactive for 30 days. I've heard that a button or something appears on the roster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Republic Veteran
# 1230
02-12-2013, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Apparently there is a system that lets the next highest rank claim leadership if the head honcho has been inactive for 30 days. I've heard that a button or something appears on the roster.
Not an issue with this fleet. You are lucky to go 30 hours without one of us Masters logging in.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.