Captain
# 1711
03-07-2013, 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
That match of CSE was short lived. Interwebs decided to play silly buggers.

Nepeta IS Catnip. See for yourself:
Here
OMG it really is!
Also, it sucks that you dced, the PuG was good, with 5 people we would have gotten optional! (4 ppl just didn't have enough damage to stop the final wave of negh'vars)

I just did my first CGE. Got in a good PuG there too. Didn't get optional there either but at least I now know what it's like on elite. Elite Armek is so lame! I didn't even break a sweat trying to tank him!

So, 0/2 optionals I needed, which sucks, 2/2 elites finished, which is great!
Click here to view my DeviantArt!
Captain
# 1712
03-07-2013, 03:38 AM
I have never once gotten optionals in PuG, and frequently end up being abandoned halfway through because people don't know what to do. Come to think of it, I once ran CGE with a group from EliteSTF, and got exactly that result. The one time I EVER get optional is with pure CatPhone matches. PuG=not worth your time or attention.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Survivor of Romulus
# 1713
03-07-2013, 04:10 AM
You guys got a public channel to interact with players of other fleets as well?
Career Officer
# 1714
03-07-2013, 04:58 AM
After an incident with a troll a couple of months ago CatPhone is no longer public, but invites are readily available so long as you have a single cat toon. But we have to have visual confirmation, in-game, that you've got a cat.
Empire Veteran
# 1715
03-07-2013, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
After an incident with a troll a couple of months ago CatPhone is no longer public, but invites are readily available so long as you have a single cat toon. But we have to have visual confirmation, in-game, that you've got a cat.
And also the channel is mainly for FSF members.

From a pvp feedback thread.
Occasional sniper and mortar fire, compared to perpetual front line support, is pretty much the definition of a non-issue. I honestly can't remember the last time mortar fire or a sniper rifle secondary contributed to one of my deaths. Is it an exploit? Probably. Is it an issue? Only for the poor team who has to fight 4v5 because one of their players is busy "exploiting" his team into self-defeat.

Branflakes, any chance of getting this discussion moved to a new thread, when you get a chance?
Apparently they don't want to even keep this pvp issue in the thread itself we reported Suroo.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Empire Veteran
# 1716
03-07-2013, 07:07 AM
To be exact, CatPhone mainly has FSF members, but isn't mainly for them; it's for anyone with a Ferasan or Caitian character who wants to be part of our community.

Other than that, what Canis said.
# 1717
03-07-2013, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepical View Post
To be exact, CatPhone mainly has FSF members, but isn't mainly for them; it's for anyone with a Ferasan or Caitian character who wants to be part of our community.

Other than that, what Canis said.
Er, okay. That did and didn't answer my question or I'm confused. To be blunt, you guys only interact with people having a ferasan or caitian character, no one else. Am I right?

And you do not possess an actual "public channel" for interaction with other kdf/fed fleets(non cats)?
Captain
# 1718
03-07-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainwestbrook View Post
Er, okay. That did and didn't answer my question or I'm confused. To be blunt, you guys only interact with people having a ferasan or caitian character, no one else. Am I right?

And you do not possess an actual "public channel" for interaction with other kdf/fed fleets(non cats)?
Uh, we do not interact only with them, we interact with non-cats too, it's not like if you approach one of us and say "Hi" we'll say "You're not a cat, go away". It's true that the fleet and CatPhone are for cats only though (CatPhone is for non-cat toons of cats too, like sirepical, who has a Bolian but still blabs with us on CatPhone).

Now, I'm not a top member of the FSF so I can't say if the masters or the elites talk with other KDF fleets. But, to my knowledge, we do not possess a public channel...

PS: If you're a Ferasan and don't have a tail you will be considered a Ferocian servant and given a mop!
Click here to view my DeviantArt!

Last edited by loukoc; 03-07-2013 at 07:52 AM.
Rihannsu
# 1719
03-07-2013, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainwestbrook View Post

The fleet is made up of Ferasan characters only but there are no rules on who people can speak to. any member can talk and interact with whomever they like.

there is no channel for talking to other fleets specifically other than catphone which is for fed and kdf cats charcters but those two fleets are independent of each other and not run by the same people.

im sure many people use the many existing channels like red alert, doffjobs, TTS etc.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Survivor of Romulus
# 1720
03-07-2013, 09:19 AM
Ah alright. Thanks for the above responses. I do not possess a cat toon unfortunately and my next project on KDF side is a HUGE and HEFTY Gorn. Perhaps in future then!