Captain
# 1881
03-13-2013, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsunesnout View Post
Just like me, every time I come into CSE with my plasma torp bomber B'rel and never even so much as breath on any cubes and mostly stay under enhanced cloak while everyone else is blasting away with loose scatters, they still single me out immediately and don't give a hoot who else is around spamming AOE when I'm attacking only nanites! It's like they either truly do have an intelligent AI that doesn't play by the rules of other STF's or they have linked aggro with the nanites! Wish they treated me like voporak, I even have a threat reducer.
The key with my solo run was that it was solo. With a full five players, someone is going to hit the cube with some shot. By myself, I didn't fire on them (not on purpose). But when the autotarget went to the cube, it attacked me as soon as I was in range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Republic Veteran
# 1882
03-13-2013, 09:38 PM
I think EA is doing it wrong.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Rihannsu
# 1883
03-13-2013, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
of course they're doing it wrong, but are they going to change it? not unless the entire at-the-top staff gets booted out and replaced with people who have a little more common sense (which is rare and getting more rare every day) and a lot less greed
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Republic Veteran
# 1884
03-13-2013, 10:11 PM
Quote:
The head of EA said a few months back that he was proud that there was no game he let though that was SP only.

[6/24 23:12] [Combat (Self)] Your Thalaron Pulse deals 126254 (48978) Radiation Damage to Tactical Cube. Hehe. Suck it Borg!
[10/8 15:47] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 98082 (147136) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach. WUT? I blame Kurland for this and all other problems in STO.
Captain
# 1885
03-14-2013, 03:26 AM
I remember back in the days of Streets of SimCity, and SimCopter. We made copy after copy of those games, and we all enjoyed the games! I know that may not be legal in today's world, but an approach like Steam has would indeed solve the issues. Actually, Star Trek Online is the ONLY online game I have, and likely will forever be. Sure, I have Spore, but it is running on a Windows XP Virtual Machine (VMware Player), so it has no effect on the Windows 7 of the master computer.

This constant online business is the reason I will never buy anything EA, and why I will not buy Sims 3 (even though I LOVE the Sims), and why I will not buy the new SimCity (even though I LOVE SimCity). Always Online, and pushing DRM = not gonna buy. Nyet, nei, nein, na, non, and no!

The other SimCities were great, and were offline only. We can still do the region feature, and remain offline. We know we can because SimCity 4 did it, and did so perfectly fine. So, why is this one online only? Downloading Origin is bad enough. If it was purely offline play, no downloading clients, but the option to download buildings from the website directly (Like SimCity 3000), THEN I might have at least considered buying this game.

/end rant

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Empire Veteran
# 1886
03-14-2013, 06:48 AM
Quote:
I'm glad I don't like Sim stuff in the first place. That aside, I can't believe the lack of sense it would take for someone to like that "always-on" system. Just horrible.

Refer to avatar for representation of my feelings.
# 1887
03-14-2013, 08:53 AM
Well we all know how bad of a company EA is. It's not surprising.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Rihannsu
# 1888
03-14-2013, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Well we all know how bad of a company EA is. It's not surprising.
and PWE is catching up to them in the greed department
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Captain
# 1889
03-14-2013, 08:59 AM
I have not played many of the new games, hell I have not even played many of the older games. The only PC game I have ever played and thought was a masterpiece (and thus worth mentioning) was Age of Mythology. (the mythology is inaccurate at points, but still an awesome game)

But to me it sucks that you have to be online to play a PC game.
Click here to view my DeviantArt!
Empire Veteran
# 1890
03-14-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
and PWE is catching up to them in the greed department
Only PWE I've seen is through Trek, and they are nowhere near close to EA yet.
*Points at reputation Lockbox in TOR*
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891