Captain
# 2261
04-01-2013, 11:25 PM
I didn't get Suroo a b-day cake so here ye go (watch out for the invisible candles of doom)
Click here to view my DeviantArt!

Last edited by loukoc; 04-01-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Commander
# 2262
04-01-2013, 11:36 PM
Hey guys, so, since I can't chat in fleet chat, or on catphone, because I"m blocked on fleet chat, and muted on catphone, I guess this is the only mode to talk to you guys overall.

I'm K'Fir, one of the guys who's going on 7 weeks with 127k donated to our starbase, and embassy.

So, I would like you guys to explain to me, how I go from initiate to craftmaster, donate over 127k worth in fleet credits. ANd then get told I have to donate more to get back to being above an initiate, then get told I have to be in 10 weeks instead of 8 weeks to get a fleet ship, then get told later I must be in for 3 months to qualify for a fleet ship, with 500k in fleet donations, but yet, we have members who haven't been in anymore than a week or two weeks, and are getting fleet ships. Haven't donated squat to our fleet, etc.

But yet, without me saying a word, or doing anything, I get muted on catphone without provocation, and get banned from fleet chat, and demoted and you guys have the gull to tell me I have to donate more to the fleet in order to get access back?

How does that work?

Last edited by benovide; 04-01-2013 at 11:38 PM.
Captain
# 2263
04-02-2013, 12:01 AM
Fleet Marks and stuff donated has nothing to do with it. All I can say is that it was due to certain behavioural actions observed. I cannot say any more though. Only a Master can go into details.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post
I didn't get Suroo a b-day cake so here ye go (watch out for the invisible candles of doom)
I......must......eat......

I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Republic Veteran
# 2264
04-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benovide View Post
Hey guys, so, since I can't chat in fleet chat, or on catphone, because I"m blocked on fleet chat, and muted on catphone, I guess this is the only mode to talk to you guys overall.

I'm K'Fir, one of the guys who's going on 7 weeks with 127k donated to our starbase, and embassy.

So, I would like you guys to explain to me, how I go from initiate to craftmaster, donate over 127k worth in fleet credits. ANd then get told I have to donate more to get back to being above an initiate, then get told I have to be in 10 weeks instead of 8 weeks to get a fleet ship, then get told later I must be in for 3 months to qualify for a fleet ship, with 500k in fleet donations, but yet, we have members who haven't been in anymore than a week or two weeks, and are getting fleet ships. Haven't donated squat to our fleet, etc.

But yet, without me saying a word, or doing anything, I get muted on catphone without provocation, and get banned from fleet chat, and demoted and you guys have the gull to tell me I have to donate more to the fleet in order to get access back?

How does that work?
Actually, it's 50k and 2 months of activity to get to Elite status, and those that have been in for so little time and have fleet ships is because they asked one of the Masters, and came to an agreement. As for the other things, you will have to contact a Master about it.

[6/24 23:12] [Combat (Self)] Your Thalaron Pulse deals 126254 (48978) Radiation Damage to Tactical Cube. Hehe. Suck it Borg!
[10/8 15:47] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 98082 (147136) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach. WUT? I blame Kurland for this and all other problems in STO.
Captain
# 2265
04-02-2013, 02:34 AM
Huh? When I logged in today I got an "Outfit Unlocked" message, anybody knows what that's about? (it wasn't even on Canelow, who's my main, it was on Zero)
Click here to view my DeviantArt!
Empire Veteran
# 2266
04-02-2013, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post
Huh? When I logged in today I got an "Outfit Unlocked" message, anybody knows what that's about? (it wasn't even on Canelow, who's my main, it was on Zero)
Congrats you unlocked the Simba costume with its own mane. This was done by leveling up Ashkrik's reputation to T5.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Republic Veteran
# 2267
04-02-2013, 06:19 AM
Quote:

<snip>

How does that work?
The only people who can demote you, mute you, etc is a Master. There are only a handful of us and each of us have the interests of the fleet at heart. If you were censored, then you obviously did something wrong. Live out your censure period and then we'll see where you are at. I will, however, discuss what happened with the Master who demoted you.

But I will say the following:
  • The Masters are very particular about what happens to this fleet and work hard to protect it.
  • You can be a top-notch Elite and still never make it to Master.
  • Being promoted to Elite is on a case-by-case basis and handled by the Masters directly.
  • Promotion to Elite is not automatic. While we have minimum requirements, they don't constitute automatic promotion. You have to earn our trust.
  • This fleet is meant to be a relaxed fleet. If your goal is to hard-charge it all the time, you may wish to look elsewhere.

As for the fleet ships, I'll need to confer with the other Masters to see what the policy is on that. Generally, we just temporarily promote you to Elite long enough for you to use the store then demote you back to your previous rank.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Republic Veteran
# 2268
04-02-2013, 08:39 AM
Quote:
But yet, without me saying a word, or doing anything, I get muted on catphone without provocation, and get banned from fleet chat,
... in theat case... PLEASE CHECK YOUR MAILBOX!
Commander
# 2269
04-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valenn1 View Post
... in theat case... PLEASE CHECK YOUR MAILBOX!
There's nothing in it. It's got 0 messages outside of saying I sold a Lockbox key on the exchange 3 hours ago for 1.5m

Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
The only people who can demote you, mute you, etc is a Master. There are only a handful of us and each of us have the interests of the fleet at heart. If you were censored, then you obviously did something wrong. Live out your censure period and then we'll see where you are at. I will, however, discuss what happened with the Master who demoted you.

But I will say the following:
  • The Masters are very particular about what happens to this fleet and work hard to protect it.
  • You can be a top-notch Elite and still never make it to Master.
  • Being promoted to Elite is on a case-by-case basis and handled by the Masters directly.
  • Promotion to Elite is not automatic. While we have minimum requirements, they don't constitute automatic promotion. You have to earn our trust.
  • This fleet is meant to be a relaxed fleet. If your goal is to hard-charge it all the time, you may wish to look elsewhere.

As for the fleet ships, I'll need to confer with the other Masters to see what the policy is on that. Generally, we just temporarily promote you to Elite long enough for you to use the store then demote you back to your previous rank.
Then why Have I been demoted back to being an initiate, and loss of all priviledges? I don't hard charge, I just play. I do my own thing to upgrade my ships, and I do my own thing to advance on my own in missions and STFs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazurensavulen View Post
Actually, it's 50k and 2 months of activity to get to Elite status, and those that have been in for so little time and have fleet ships is because they asked one of the Masters, and came to an agreement. As for the other things, you will have to contact a Master about it.
What activity? You mean doing STFs on my own to build omega marks, and dilithium for our friggen embassy like I was asked? You mean not playing friday, sat, and sunday so I can have a weekend alone with my GF without distractions?

What are you saying? And I was told after I put in over 57k that I needed to put in more, I did so, got up to 100k, was told I needed 25k more, got to 127k where I stand now, and am now being told I must have 500k in donations.

I was told that was the only requirement, then I get told I have to have 4 weeks in, fine, did 4 weeks, then I get told 8 weeks, fine, coming up to 7 weeks I get told I have to wait 6 months in the fleet. I don't care about a permanent promotion, all I've been after in doing the requirements was just to get the fleet Negh'Var. I hardly even talk to anyone in fleet anyway, and good luck finding a "master" when they are never online to begin with.

And by the way, your "Elites" have the same priviledges to control chats, demote, and enroll players.

So what is it?

Last edited by benovide; 04-02-2013 at 09:06 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 2270
04-02-2013, 09:09 AM
Valenn is always on, usually in the morning. You don't see him later often because he's in a Euro timezone. Whoever said you only had to do 4 weeks gave false info. 8 weeks is required for elite. Your actions here on the forum also influenced your demotion and silencing. Not just in-game.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891