Captain
# 2481
04-14-2013, 10:14 AM
Professor, as if we weren't spread across 'merica enough, I'm in the Eastern time zone.

And if any of you were paying attention in CatPhone just now, you would've seen who #2 will be.
Ready?
Kess@blackeagleaggie is #2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)

Last edited by voporak; 04-14-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 2482
04-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
So I just poked at the Starbase a bit, not much I can contribute to atm, but I noticed that the Starbase special projects slot was empty. I know we've been keeping it clear so that we can run the featured projects to improve the looks of our base, currently all of them are done.

So can we consider slotting some of the "special projects" that are available so that people can work on building up the Fleet Credits?
No we don't run those projects because they are a waste of resources. Wait for a few days, the embassy upgrade will be available soon enough, and any fleetmarks you waste means we're going to need more time or more farming to fill upgrades. And i don't want to farm the no win scenario again for 10-15 days because marks were wasted in useless projects and no one else is contributing.

Yes i know it's frustrating but we're already stalling because some people think it's smart to fill projects with cheap doffs and leave the expensive ones to people like me. I can't even open starbase doff boxes because science doffs slots are always full and we usually get like 1 medical/5 science from requisitions. Anyway.

Last edited by diogene0; 04-14-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Captain
# 2483
04-14-2013, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Professor, as if we weren't spread across 'merica enough, I'm in the Eastern time zone.
So, 7pm your local time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post
I think planes are fine if you're watching them or reading about them......
Oh, that would never do. The throb of piston powered engines, or the roar of jet engines, it is all just exhilarating! I even had the honour of riding in a Lancaster Bomber a few years back, and it was quite fun! I rode in the bombardier station, and that glass nose provided the best view I could ever imagined! I am constantly amazed by the amount of technology that went into such works, considering powered flight had only existed for about 40 years at that point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post
......but I'm terrified of heights so I hate getting on them (I actually hate every bit of the flight, from takeoff to the trip, to landing)
Don't worry. Even if the plane does fall from the air, cats always land on their feet.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Lieutenant
# 2484
04-14-2013, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
No we don't run those projects because they are a waste of resources. Wait for a few days, the embassy upgrade will be available soon enough, and any fleetmarks you waste means we're going to need more time or more farming to fill upgrades. And i don't want to farm the no win scenario again for 10-15 days because marks were wasted in useless projects and no one else is contributing.

Yes i know it's frustrating but we're already stalling because some people think it's smart to fill projects with cheap doffs and leave the expensive ones to people like me. I can't even open starbase doff boxes because science doffs slots are always full and we usually get like 1 medical/5 science from requisitions. Anyway.

Actually I've been emptying hundreds of emails from Doffs. It's got absolutely nothing to do with cheap or expensive, they're getting filled with what's on hand

I agree tho, they're really cut back on medical doffs from the boxes - heck even the fleet ones don't seem to give a decent ratio anymore. Last night I obtained 64 science, to get my first medical.... lame
Republic Veteran
# 2485
04-14-2013, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post

/signed
No need to waste ressources on slot 5!

I have the same problem, i usually get my white doffs from the grinder at the academy and i have currently legions of Sci doffs too(executing them en mass), blocking everything, and sci is *always* full.
I refuse to buy the expensive ones if i can't get "rid" of at least a few of the cheaper DOFFs(wich would allow me to dismantle further greens).
Oh, and btw:A dev implied last week that the "medical" requirement may change to medical OR science, so Tier 5 will be doable for FSF within a reasonable timeframe (and with reasonable financial efforts).
Lieutenant
# 2486
04-14-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by valenn1 View Post
/signed
Oh, and btw:A dev implied last week that the "medical" requirement may change to medical OR science, so Tier 5 will be doable for FSF within a reasonable timeframe (and with reasonable financial efforts).
So it will be like the chef thing then, as i currently have 123 emails with 5 science doffs each - ready to go. now if only I could burn out the last of my tactical doffs...we'd be good.
Empire Veteran
# 2487
04-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Over the weekend while on a trip I left STO up waiting to not see that launching had failed, and it finally connected.

On my way back I also saw a black Lamborghini with the license T IZZY-1.

Suspicious...

Last edited by sirepical; 04-14-2013 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Typo.
Captain
# 2488
04-14-2013, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepical View Post
On my way back I also saw a black Lamborghini with the license T IZZY-1.
What the? Ashkrik....Has....Lamborghini?

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Republic Veteran
# 2489
04-14-2013, 05:14 PM
I have over 10,000 data samples in my bank. Please, for the love of Ferasa, focus on projects in slot five that use data samples. We have more than we know what to do with (and there are no more starbase projects, per devs).
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Lieutenant