Survivor of Romulus
# 2541
04-18-2013, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepical View Post
Wow.

I am not buying the really expensive one for sure.

Do you happen to know if that is the only way to get Remans and/or the only way to get Liberated Borg Remans?
Yeah, me neither. The only thing I'd want from there would be the Valdore, but it's described as T3 and I want to use it at end game. I supose that we would be able to use the T3 Valdore skin on the T5 Mogai, but untill I know for certain I'm not breaking any sweat. And I couldn't care less about Remans as well.

Also, to answer your question 1st, they said the Remans would be availible via the C-Store as well as having a T5 Romulan Rep. on any char. of your account.
I don't know about the Lib.Borg ones, but I suspect that they'll be availible for lifers and veterans. This however has not been confirmed and it's just my opinion about the Lib.Borg ones.
Empire Veteran
# 2542
04-18-2013, 08:05 AM
Remans can be unlocked by getting T5 Romulan rep on any character.
Hopefully this stuff will be in the c-store eventually.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 2543
04-18-2013, 09:18 AM
I'm actually thinking about getting the $125 Legacy Pack - I looked at all the stuff in there and the ships alone - which I would be getting eventually - add up to $155. The other stuff is also pretty nice/nifty and really just icing for me.

For a break down:

FOUR T5 Retrofits, one for each of the T1-T4 ships: $100

Refits for each of the T1-T4 ships (along with consoles): $50

Playable Scorpion Fighter: $5

Reman Lib Borg BOFF: $5 per character

Reman Playable Race: ~$5.50

30 Master Keys: ~$33.00

Uniform Unlock: ~$5.50

So yeah, all that? ~$200 if you bought it all from the C-Store for just one character. I didn't add the price of the Reman DOFF pack because I don't know how much DOFF packs cost.
Empire Veteran
# 2544
04-18-2013, 10:04 AM
Actually the value adds up to $180ish.

EDIT: Ok wait misread that. I thought you said the whole pack adds to 155.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Career Officer
# 2545
04-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Actually the value adds up to $180ish.

EDIT: Ok wait misread that. I thought you said the whole pack adds to 155.
No, just the ships. Cryptic's calculation of the pack's value seems to rely on the assumption that you'll only be making one Romulan Republic character. Certain items such as the Lib Borg Reman BOFF and Reman DOFF packs add more value the more characters you make.

Edit:

Also, I think these packs are aimed more at newcomers than established players such as ourselves, though they've certainly added enough value to make them attractive (looks at finances) I may even decide to buy it. Won't be able to eat as much junk food if I do though...so win-win?
Empire Veteran
# 2546
04-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Well, Remans coming from Romulan Reputation Tier 5 would make that easy for me since I'm already there. I'll also assume Liberated Borg Remans are from that pack for non-lifers so PWE can make a little more money, but lifers get them for automatically. If not, it will cause much rage.
# 2547
04-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepical View Post
Well, Remans coming from Romulan Reputation Tier 5 would make that easy for me since I'm already there. I'll also assume Liberated Borg Remans are from that pack for non-lifers so PWE can make a little more money, but lifers get them for automatically. If not, it will cause much rage.
Lib Borg Reman in Legacy pack is a Bridge Officer, not a playable race.

Also: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...21#post9280021 Player Character Remans are not going to be a reward for T5 New Romulus Rep. They'll be C-Store exclusive. I had thought that this was another case of a Dev saying "maybe" and the community hearing "definitely," but I didn't say anything because I've not had the desire to go dig up quotes.
Republic Veteran
# 2548
04-18-2013, 11:04 AM
I plan on buying the larger pack. I want the Jedi Ninja from the get go as he will be my youtube character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canis36 View Post
I'm actually thinking about getting the $125 Legacy Pack - I looked at all the stuff in there and the ships alone - which I would be getting eventually - add up to $155. The other stuff is also pretty nice/nifty and really just icing for me.

For a break down:

FOUR T5 Retrofits, one for each of the T1-T4 ships: $100

Refits for each of the T1-T4 ships (along with consoles): $50

Playable Scorpion Fighter: $5

Reman Lib Borg BOFF: $5 per character

Reman Playable Race: ~$5.50

30 Master Keys: ~$33.00

Uniform Unlock: ~$5.50

So yeah, all that? ~$200 if you bought it all from the C-Store for just one character. I didn't add the price of the Reman DOFF pack because I don't know how much DOFF packs cost.
The Reman also unlocks skins for your Warbirds. So, whatever that costs.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.

Last edited by commadorebob; 04-18-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Career Officer
# 2549
04-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
I plan on buying the larger pack. I want the Jedi Ninja from the get go as he will be my youtube character.

The Reman also unlocks skins for your Warbirds. So, whatever that costs.
Didn't count those because we don't have anything like that currently in the C-Store. The 2409 skins on the Refits are just part of the new ship package.
Empire Veteran
# 2550
04-18-2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Lib Borg Reman in Legacy pack is a Bridge Officer, not a playable race.
Oh. I do not approve.

Quote:
Also: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...21#post9280021 Player Character Remans are not going to be a reward for T5 New Romulus Rep. They'll be C-Store exclusive. I had thought that this was another case of a Dev saying "maybe" and the community hearing "definitely," but I didn't say anything because I've not had the desire to go dig up quotes.
Oh. I also do not approve.