Republic Veteran
# 2901
05-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Finally someone else who doesn't use voice. I don't feel alone now.
Well, it's hard to do a youtube series without voice.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2902
05-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Finally someone else who doesn't use voice. I don't feel alone now.
Knowing you I can imagine why, and I don't blame you! Although I have no phobia of speaking to anyone, I am just hopelessly old fashioned and either like to write or speak to someone in person. Otherwise it's weird to me. Plus, my home environment isn't too accommodating for it either.

Heck, I can barely even think fast enough for regular text chat, I prefer when I have several hours to write a few paragraphs and gather my thoughts !
Captain
# 2903
05-04-2013, 10:56 PM
I know how that is. My own brain does not work fast enough to keep up with normal in-game chat. And I type even slower. The only reason I use Ventrilo is because my Caitians are all in Nova Fleet, and they use Ventrilo to communicate. But I have found that it is quite more efficient. With text only, I have to stop what I am doing, read, type a response, all the while letting the Borg kill me. With a voice chat, I can simply hold Tab to activate the microphone, and talk while I keep shooting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
Does anyone use another voice-chat program? FRAPS will pick it up regardless.
Only Ventrilo and STO in-game.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Captain
# 2904
05-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
I know how that is. My own brain does not work fast enough to keep up with normal in-game chat. And I type even slower. The only reason I use Ventrilo is because my Caitians are all in Nova Fleet, and they use Ventrilo to communicate. But I have found that it is quite more efficient. With text only, I have to stop what I am doing, read, type a response, all the while letting the Borg kill me. With a voice chat, I can simply hold Tab to activate the microphone, and talk while I keep shooting.
New pic

Also, I tend to not use voice chat for two reasons.
1. Through any kind of tech I sound like a drug addict with a cold.
2. The only kind of mic I have is my webcam, and I'm not sure how to use it as a mic
Click here to view my DeviantArt!
Rihannsu
# 2905
05-05-2013, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post
The only kind of mic I have is my webcam, and I'm not sure how to use it as a mic
i don't think you can
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Career Officer
# 2906
05-05-2013, 10:26 AM
What Tiers are you guys at?
Captain
# 2907
05-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
What Tiers are you guys at?
T4 starbase and all facilities, and the T4 transwarp conduit project will complete in about nine days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
The Forgotten Battle - a new Foundry mission
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Career Officer
# 2908
05-05-2013, 11:38 AM
That's cool. How many members do you have?
Empire Veteran
# 2909
05-05-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flash525 View Post
That's cool. How many members do you have?
Last I checked close to 200 maybe? Not sure how many of those are active or alts.

We're all in our own private channel used to communicate when not on a fleet character.

EDIT: We're at 222.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891

Last edited by ashkrik23; 05-05-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Career Officer
# 2910
05-05-2013, 12:11 PM
I'm in a KDF Fleet now, think there are over 250 members in it, but all the high ranking guys seem to set the projects up so they can fill in the expertize, fleet marks and duty officers (esp Science) leaving everyone else to spend money on provisions, or to use up our dilithium.

Obviously, I am playing a Ferasan, I wanted to play Tactical with KDF, though the Klingon traits didn't seem to do me justice (this was before news of the trait system revamp was coming), typical. I know of this fleet (other than having it seen in banners here) via a Master Lindale who has pestered a number of gamers over on the GameFront forums to join the Shadow Force.

I've been considering jumping ship. I'm only at level 44 right now, and have 44k(ish) fleet credits to my name. Hoping to get the Fleet B'rel once it's unlocked (tactical ships are nice, but I play better with the Bird of Prey Universal loadout). What's the ranking structure? Could anyone tell me? The current fleet I'm in, as soon as you've been a member for 48hrs, you've got fleet store access (though they're hardly suffering from provisions).