Captain
# 2981
05-09-2013, 03:27 PM
Kess PM'd me last night saying that he won't be back on until Sunday. I doubt that we'll be able to do it on a weekday evening, so that leaves one day: May 18th. Assuming Bob's only available on Saturdays, that is the absolute last day we can do it. LoR launches later that week and when that happens plasma energy weapon consoles will no longer boost plasma fire damage. Guess what we're relying on. Yeah, plasma fire.

That's... really all I have to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Rihannsu
# 2982
05-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
So....anyone regretting buying that Lifetime Membership now?
nope; i got my money's worth as soon as the purchase went through, and more
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Republic Veteran
# 2983
05-09-2013, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Kess PM'd me last night saying that he won't be back on until Sunday. I doubt that we'll be able to do it on a weekday evening, so that leaves one day: May 18th. Assuming Bob's only available on Saturdays, that is the absolute last day we can do it. LoR launches later that week and when that happens plasma energy weapon consoles will no longer boost plasma fire damage. Guess what we're relying on. Yeah, plasma fire.

That's... really all I have to say.
Then we'll make it part of the celebration of our one-year anniversary.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Captain
# 2984
05-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Quote:
LoR launches later that week and when that happens plasma energy weapon consoles will no longer boost plasma fire damage.
What? But that is why I bought the Romulan Shield Generator consoles, to give my Phased Polaron an infusion of Plasma, and to boost the resulting fires! So you are telling me this is going away? I feel I just wasted all those Credits and Dilithium.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Captain
# 2985
05-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
What? But that is why I bought the Romulan Shield Generator consoles, to give my Phased Polaron an infusion of Plasma, and to boost the resulting fires! So you are telling me this is going away? I feel I just wasted all those Credits and Dilithium.
I believe it is specifically the tactical consoles that boost energy weapons. If I heard correctly, it's only those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Captain
# 2986
05-09-2013, 04:44 PM
The Romulan consoles boost Plasma damage too.

In other news, I slotted the T3 Embassy Upgrade! Get moving!

My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Rihannsu
# 2987
05-09-2013, 05:05 PM
Quote:
The Romulan consoles boost Plasma damage too.
the romulan consoles are special; they boost every source of plasma damage in the game...or they will when LoR launches, since there was a note about that in one of the previous tribble updates

EDIT: found the exact note

Plasma-Generating Science consoles from the Romulan Reputation system have been updated to increase all Plasma damage, as opposed to just Plasma damage from Directed Energy weapons.
  • The power description for these items has been updated to indicate this.

obviously, that should be embassy, not romulan reputation, but still...
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic

Last edited by shadowfang240; 05-09-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Captain
# 2988
05-09-2013, 10:04 PM
That is quite well assuring. Thank you much! Maybe I will go ahead with my plan of buying them for Suroo as well.

Republic Veteran
# 2989
05-09-2013, 10:21 PM
So, if anyone can find me the Tribble Patch Notes that the Doc said contained info on The Fleet Scimitar Reinforcement Operational Assets not persisting outside of combat, I would be quite grateful.

[6/24 23:12] [Combat (Self)] Your Thalaron Pulse deals 126254 (48978) Radiation Damage to Tactical Cube. Hehe. Suck it Borg!
[10/8 15:47] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 98082 (147136) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach. WUT? I blame Kurland for this and all other problems in STO.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2990
05-09-2013, 10:49 PM
*Muzzlepaw* I found again what I read, but I mistook with the name of the fleet support power. Nevermind, false alarm.