Captain
# 3281
05-22-2013, 06:06 PM
If the past few days have proven anything, it is that I will NEVER give Cryptic my money. If I subscribe to something, I expect it to not be down all week.

I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Rihannsu
# 3282
05-22-2013, 06:24 PM
i would rather them take the server down frequently and fix discovered bugs now than have those bugs persist for days, weeks, months, years...like so many others have in the past

EDIT: STO back up...let's see how long it takes me in the queues

i guess i should've suspected something when the forums started responding immediately again
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic

Last edited by shadowfang240; 05-22-2013 at 06:47 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 3283
05-22-2013, 07:07 PM
These near hourly fixes are par for the course regardless of the game. It'll take a week or two to get back to the weekly update schedule. Like I said in my advice thread, nothing beats throwing it on the server and seeing what happens.

As for the LTS, I bought mine in February 2010. It has more than paid for itself.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Captain
# 3284
05-22-2013, 07:24 PM
If anyone thinks I never get angry in STO enough to say something about it, you're correct. But I finally got fed up with the community, blew a pipe in my head, and vented steam in this thread. The sad part is that it only took the span of one day for members of our 'fine' community to get me this fed up.

But I feel better now.

In other news, I made a Reman character.
I am the STO Lorax. I picked myself up and left, until the day the fun is replanted.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3285
05-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Always have more than one thing to fall back onto in everyday past-time amusement I say. Today I almost completely forgot STO since I was so busy in something else and turns out it was for the better considering the current situation! And if one has no other amusement in this world other than STO, then that sounds like quite an unusual and unfortunate situation to be in, servers online or not!
Republic Veteran
# 3286
05-22-2013, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
If anyone thinks I never get angry in STO enough to say something about it, you're correct. But I finally got fed up with the community, blew a pipe in my head, and vented steam in this thread. The sad part is that it only took the span of one day for members of our 'fine' community to get me this fed up.

But I feel better now.

In other news, I made a Reman character.
I replied to it. Not that my opinion matters much...
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Career Officer
# 3287
05-22-2013, 08:42 PM
I dunno Bob, I've kinda been following your advice for dealing with updates and expansions since just before Season 6 launched when I first saw one of your "How to Prepare for a Major Update" threads.

To be honest though, I just don't bother with zone chat or really any chats outside of CatPhone. Keeps the rampant stupidity and blatant self-entitlement to a minimum. Not to say that we aren't a self-important bunch, but then we're all cats. It's to be expected

I also pretty much stick to this thread and the Dev Tracker as far as the forums are concerned. Lowers my R@3G!!!! levels tremendously.
Captain
# 3288
05-23-2013, 12:04 AM
CatPhone, Nova Fleet, and Subspace Comm. Those are my only chat channels.

I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Empire Veteran
# 3289
05-23-2013, 12:14 PM
20 channels just to see what's going on, but I don't say much in any of them other than two, one of them being CatPhone of course.
I am retired from STO. By the way, hindsight is 20/20.
Ferasan Shadow Force | Borg Extermination Squad
Rihannsu
# 3290
05-23-2013, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirepical View Post
20 channels just to see what's going on, but I don't say much in any of them other than two, one of them being CatPhone of course.
at least you can still say stuff in catphone; thanks to that stupid mute bug, i'm currently unable to
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic