Rihannsu
# 3871
07-11-2013, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post
Even more news, I got my army duty postponed for 1 year. I didn't ask for it but apparently a mix of my family's bad financial status (it would be very hard for them to support me over there), the army's bad financial status (it's Greek, 'nuff said) and the fact that I don't look like army material (I am weak and shy irl) made them reconsider if they truly wanted me.

Who knows, if I go to (the Greek version of) college it will get postponed even more!
so you aren't going where you have no access to internet for 10 months? great! you might just make the corvette after all...assuming you were pearl farming every day right up until you left
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Captain
# 3872
07-12-2013, 01:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
so you aren't going where you have no access to internet for 10 months? great! you might just make the corvette after all...assuming you were pearl farming every day right up until you left
I currently haz 165 lolnut pearls so I'm assuming I'll make it (considering it's more than a month until the event ends and I need 21 more dailies). I'm not really interested in the Corvette, I'm just getting it in case there's an accolade with it...
Click here to view my DeviantArt!
Rihannsu
# 3873
07-12-2013, 02:10 AM
Quote:
I currently haz 165 lolnut pearls so I'm assuming I'll make it (considering it's more than a month until the event ends and I need 21 more dailies). I'm not really interested in the Corvette, I'm just getting it in case there's an accolade with it...
err...the flying high mission only goes for 35 days, and you need 25 days worth of pearls to get the ship, so if you still need 21 more daily runs, you're not going to be able to get it unless you make up the difference with lobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Captain
# 3874
07-12-2013, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
err...the flying high mission only goes for 35 days, and you need 25 days worth of pearls to get the ship, so if you still need 21 more daily runs, you're not going to be able to get it unless you make up the difference with lobi
Gah really? Well I hope it doesn't give an accolade then...
Captain
# 3875
07-12-2013, 02:59 AM
Well, you could waste away a few keys. Open some boxes just for the Lobi. Trade in 5 Lobi for a box of lolnut pearls. Keep doing it until that armed cruise ship is yours. Problem solved!

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Captain
# 3876
07-12-2013, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
Well, you could waste away a few keys. Open some boxes just for the Lobi. Trade in 5 Lobi for a box of lolnut pearls. Keep doing it until that armed cruise ship is yours. Problem solved!
Keys are expensive...

Also, it seems that I'm only one day behind for the Corvette (if my crappy calculations are correct). It would appear that I left just long enough to not get the Corvette...

Last edited by loukoc; 07-12-2013 at 04:11 AM.
Republic Veteran
# 3877
07-12-2013, 05:59 AM
Quote:
Keys are expensive...

Also, it seems that I'm only one day behind for the Corvette (if my crappy calculations are correct). It would appear that I left just long enough to not get the Corvette...
The cooldown is 18 hours. If you got on every 18 hours, you would have enough time.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Republic Veteran
# 3878
07-12-2013, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazurensavulen View Post
So, in other news: A player in EVE Online(aka SPREADSHEETS Online) lost a ship valued at ~USD 9,000. Here is a video of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=6E1mL0h6z2I

And the Forbes Article. YES! This made Forbes!:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthi...ximately-9000/
Let me get this straight. In EVE, you buy ships you can LOSE... permanently? And someone paid $9,000 on one of these things?

Can you imagine the uproar if you had to buy a Scimitar every time you lost it?
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Career Officer
# 3879
07-12-2013, 07:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
Let me get this straight. In EVE, you buy ships you can LOSE... permanently? And someone paid $9,000 on one of these things?

Can you imagine the uproar if you had to buy a Scimitar every time you lost it?
Yes. I mean I'm pretty sure you remember the uproar over the Odyssey and Bortasqu' packs. I imagine having to replace those ships everytime you lost them would cause those people to actually leave the game. I know I certainly would.
Empire Veteran
# 3880
07-12-2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Even more news, I got my army duty postponed for 1 year. I didn't ask for it but apparently a mix of my family's bad financial status (it would be very hard for them to support me over there), the army's bad financial status (it's Greek, 'nuff said) and the fact that I don't look like army material (I am weak and shy irl) made them reconsider if they truly wanted me.

Who knows, if I go to (the Greek version of) college it will get postponed even more!
Joy is in order.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891