Captain
# 4781
09-03-2013, 06:18 PM
Yeah. I did like Suroo a lot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
We are the Borg. Irrelevancy is irrelevant. ~ Cry OP, and let slip the devs of nerf!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my mission! :-)
Captain
# 4782
09-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Think of it in terms of a child. Imagine your child's name was assigned by the hospital? The child would be illegitimate without you (the parent) actually GIVING your child a name. My daughter just would never have seemed like MY daughter if not for giving her a name. By that same principle, Suroo nearly really seemed to be someone I could be proud of. Now that I have given him a name, he truly is mine.

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Republic Veteran
# 4783
09-03-2013, 10:45 PM
Well, I agree. I liked Suroo. But it's your character; do what you wish.

FYI: Videos will come daily at 8:00AM CDT US through Saturday. I'm hoping to get some more videos filmed tomorrow with Mr Chill.

If you have a Foundry mission you want me to run, let me know.
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Captain
# 4784
09-03-2013, 11:18 PM
You guys don't actually like Suroo as a name, you've just gotten used to it since you've used it for so long. I'll admit I am used to Suroo too, but Edgar Allan Purr is really neat...

/19yr old voice of experience

If only we could rename ourselves just as easily irl...
Captain
# 4785
09-03-2013, 11:20 PM
I want to run Left to Die! That one is a particular favourite of mine because I can play it for the sake of playing a mission when I am bored, or I can bumrush it when I need Dilithium quickly. With a very good team, you can get through this in 5 minutes, which is my current record. Of course, we can play it correctly for Bob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post
You guys don't actually like Suroo as a name, you've just gotten used to it since you've used it for so long.
If he had been Edgar Allan Purr from the start, that is the name you would be used to. The same would apply to if you had met one of my other characters before ever meeting Suroo. You would be calling me by that name instead. Case in point? Nova Fleet still calls me Winston. And Otsa (founder of the fleet over which I was an Admiral) would still be calling me Bleddyn (the name of my Alien that no longer exists). That is....if Otsa ever came back to STO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loukoc View Post
I'll admit I am used to Suroo too, but Edgar Allan Purr is really neat....
It also fits into my naming practice:
Winston Purrchill (Prime Minister)
Dr. B.J. Hunnicat (M*A*S*H* reference )
Edgar Allan Purr (For erudites)
Fluffy McCuddlesworth (He is just adorable! )

Last edited by lindaleff; 09-03-2013 at 11:30 PM.
Captain
# 4786
09-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
I want to run Left to Die! That one is a particular favourite of mine because I can play it for the sake of playing a mission when I am bored, or I can bumrush it when I need Dilithium quickly. With a very good team, you can get through this in 5 minutes, which is my current record. Of course, we can play it correctly for Bob.
Zombies!

Quote:
If he had been Edgar Allan Purr from the start, that is the name you would be used to. The same would apply to if you had met one of my other characters before ever meeting Suroo. You would be calling me by that name instead.

Precisely!

Quote:
It also fits into my naming practice:
Winston Purrchill (Prime Minister)
Dr. B.J. Hunnicat (M*A*S*H* reference )
Edgar Allan Purr (For erudites)
Fluffy McCuddlesworth (He is just adorable! )

I like Edgar Allan Purr the most (as if you didn't know, Lindale)
Captain
# 4787
09-03-2013, 11:36 PM
A for Hunnicat......I am almost disturbed by how few people have ever seen M*A*S*H*......

Captain
# 4788
09-03-2013, 11:37 PM
Quote:
A for Hunnicat......I am almost disturbed by how few people have ever seen M*A*S*H*......

You should meet with my father and sister...

Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered, weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
''Tis some visitor,' I muttered, 'tapping at my chamber door-
Only this, and nothing more.'

I remember playing a game based on Edgar Allan Poe, and the helpers were ravens xD

Also, Lindale, quit playing the zombie mission and say something interesting, at a computer lesson again, learning about mail (aka being bored since I already know)

Last edited by loukoc; 09-03-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Captain
# 4789
09-04-2013, 12:04 AM
On Steam is a game called Raven. It is a detective game based on the classic "who done it" scenario. The episodes are chapters based, very much like a novel. And at some point, you play as the villains, which gives you insight into if you made the correct decisions when you were playing as the detectives. As soon as I can talk myself into shelling out real money for a game, I just might buy it.

Captain
# 4790
09-04-2013, 12:07 AM
Quote:
On Steam is a game called Raven. It is a detective game based on the classic "who done it" scenario. The episodes are chapters based, very much like a novel. And at some point, you play as the villains, which gives you insight into if you made the correct decisions when you were playing as the detectives. As soon as I can talk myself into shelling out real money for a game, I just might buy it.

Oh, the one I played was called "Mysteries of Edgar Allan Poe" or something. It's also a "who done it" but it just shows you screens where you need to find hidden items to solve the mysteries, and clips of each solved mystery. Ravens hold lanterns that show you a hidden item if you can't find it, and on some maps you can find a Raven to increase your aid number...

Also, what's Steam like?

Last edited by loukoc; 09-04-2013 at 12:19 AM.