Captain
# 5261
10-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Updated. I was looking to change the colour of the text anyway. It needed to be something that would more accurately reflect how simply you can shift from one morality to the other.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Captain
# 5262
10-08-2013, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
Updated. I was looking to change the colour of the text anyway. It needed to be something that would more accurately reflect how simply you can shift from one morality to the other.
Now that makes it truly epic looking!
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Empire Veteran
# 5263
10-08-2013, 06:21 PM
Finally almost done with the first map. Then it's onto the first space battle of Perfection, part 2. And a special appearance by some Phantom of Darkness
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Republic Veteran
# 5264
10-08-2013, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Finally almost done with the first map. Then it's onto the first space battle of Perfection, part 2. And a special appearance by some Phantom of Darkness
Cool Plot twist would be that Vop gave Particle 010 to the Borg.

[6/24 23:12] [Combat (Self)] Your Thalaron Pulse deals 126254 (48978) Radiation Damage to Tactical Cube. Hehe. Suck it Borg!
[10/8 15:47] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 98082 (147136) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach. WUT? I blame Kurland for this and all other problems in STO.
Empire Veteran
# 5265
10-08-2013, 06:34 PM
First map complete. Now to begin the first space map. These should be so much easier.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Captain
# 5266
10-08-2013, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Now that makes it truly epic looking!
Thank you for giving me something to do.

My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Captain
# 5267
10-09-2013, 01:22 AM
I have decided to post a list of 5 novelty/useless-but-fun items that are worth getting. Just 'cause I'm bored and I'm tired of using my Flamethrower against the Epohhs. The list is pretty much random, not in order of preference.

1. Romulan Plasma Flamethrower: Borg adapt to it way too quickly and it doesn't deal all that much damage. It's cool to use at random though (such as the aforementioned example with the Epohhs) so if you have T5 Romulan Rep, it's worth getting just to fry stuff in a green inferno...

2. Golden Knowledge: The more fancy version of Miser's Delight, it talks in an amazing/hilarious Ferengi voice and the description alone (in the Info page) makes it worthwhile (who wouldn't want a book coated in Latinum and having the best Targ leather binding it?) Plus, it says some really correct stuff, which is not surprising since the Rules of Acquisition is just Business 101...

3. Tholian Widow Fighter Drone: Well it's a space pet, so that alone says it's useless. However, it looks much more badass than the other space pets and if you zoom in on it you can hear the Tholian tech sounds, which are pretty awesome, like a weird techno music...

4. Hor'gahn: This is a ground item, which spawns this sex statue next to you. Apart that it appears in a storm of hearts it's a pretty fun stationary pet which can be used in roleplay or to just have a little something next to you if you're on a recliner. Also fun to have if you take pics of your character on Risa...

5. Photonic Displacement: The Rhode Island special console, I assume most of us here have it from the giveaway. Not extremely combat useful, however I find it kinda cute that it spawns a replica of your ship which moves on its own. I have used it a couple of times in Sol, while I was stationary, just to watch my ship cloak (well not cloak exactly, but its sister ability) and a little replica flying off on its own for a few seconds...

Last edited by loukoc; 10-09-2013 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Changed some adjectives...
Captain
# 5268
10-09-2013, 01:38 AM
The clone ship is not entirely useless. It still fools most enemies into attacking it instead of you. In fact, it works perfectly fine with nearly any enemy I have ever faced, all except for Borg. Borg somehow see through the illusion, and will still single you out. So, don't EVER use it against the Borg.

But if you frequently fight Romulans, Tholians, Elachi, etc, go for it.

Captain
# 5269
10-09-2013, 01:51 AM
True but it's not the most useful console out there either. Borg must see through it because they have good sensors. However how their ships can actually function with all those power failures (their lights flash all the time and sparks fly around sometimes too) is a real mystery...
Republic Veteran
# 5270
10-09-2013, 02:30 PM
Only reason I can see the usage of the Photonic Displacer console is on a ship that has a battle cloak. It would give you some safety to cloak and get away to heal.

[6/24 23:12] [Combat (Self)] Your Thalaron Pulse deals 126254 (48978) Radiation Damage to Tactical Cube. Hehe. Suck it Borg!
[10/8 15:47] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 98082 (147136) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach. WUT? I blame Kurland for this and all other problems in STO.

Last edited by tazurensavulen; 10-09-2013 at 06:22 PM.