Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content
Login

Community Moderator
The message of the day will provide you the latest information on all EVENT CONTENT updates...

Players can join the REDALERT global channel in game by pressing Esc, clicking 'Chat Settings' (or by right clicking on top of their chat box to access chat settings), then selecting the 'Channels' tab, followed by typing in REDALERT and finally clicking join.

This channel's topic is EVENT content on the Live server (Holodeck)... You can see which events are occuring by pressing J to access your journal, then clicking on the event images for more info alternatively go to www.stowiki.org/Event. Please do not be rude, insult others, spam, troll or go off topic, thank you.

• Owners: 2

• Admin: 8

• Operators: 7

The channel has 8296 members at present.

Some events are often posted on the forum by pwebranflakes and then hosted via this channel in game.

For more useful channels please visit http://www.stowiki.org/Global_Channel_Directory

For "Borg Invasion Tips and Information!" (click here), credits to Captain Zebular.

1. How to use this channel:

• The channel topic is EVENT CONTENT, so any discussion on this topic is on topic, any discussion not on this topic is off topic.

• General use: Announce events, discuss events and use the channel to find a team to play events.

• Borg (Space): If you see a Red Alert button in the bottom right corner of your screen, tell the other players in this channel the Sector Block name and instance number.

• Borg (Ground): Use the channel to find a team to defend the planet Defera and discuss tactics.

• Please note that you can right click on any other user and choose to 'Ignore' them if necessary.

2. How NOT to use the channel:

• Do not use the channel to claim false Red Alerts, do not discuss anything that is off topic, do not be rude, do not insult other users, do not spam and do not troll the channel.

3. Borg Invasion Notes:

• There are no Red Alert button pop ups in the Eta Eridani, Gamma Orionis, Pelia sector blocks or the exploration clusters/nebulas.

• The Borg will invade every sector block at random intervals on a per instance basis. Look for a Red Alert? button on the lower right side of your screen.

• When a Red Alert button pops up in a sector block instance, you have seven minutes to get to that sector block before the button vanishes.

• The Borg that invade all sector blocks but the Orellius and Zeta Andromedae sector blocks are set to level 45 and everyone that is under level 45 will be bolstered to that level once inside the map.

• Any player above level 45 that enters any Borg Red Alert map aside from those in the Orellius and Zeta Andromedae sector blocks will be bolstered down to level 45.

• The Borg that invade the Zeta Andromedae sector block are level 51. Players will only be bolstered to level 45.

• The Borg that invade the Orellius sector block are level 53. Players will only be bolstered to level 45.

• The Borg enemy in the invasion Deep Space Encounters have no drops but give 5 times XP for kills. This bonus XP stacks with one xp boost and the QXP weekend if its running.

• Players are offered a mission to receive a 15 minute XP boost upon entering the zone.

• There are a significant number of accolades associated with this event.

• There is a daily mission associated with the mission in each sector block, which means 11 daily missions in all. The reward for this daily is either a level appropriate random item or a dilithium container.
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.

Last edited by kalecto; 06-14-2013 at 12:27 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
06-24-2012, 03:50 AM
Nice, thanks!
Lt. Commander
I am accolade hunting.

I need to kill Unimatrix 47 ships:
Two of Ten
Five of Ten
Eight of Ten

Which sector block for each? Seems like something that should be the the wiki but I can't find it!
Career Officer
# 4
07-09-2012, 05:52 PM
To my recollection, those Boss ships are random. So not specific to any one sector incursion.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
07-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psiameese View Post
To my recollection, those Boss ships are random. So not specific to any one sector incursion.
I was also under this impression, but I'm not 100%
Commander
# 6
07-09-2012, 06:39 PM
They are completely random. Completely.
"My frozen dairy-based confectionery attracts all the males of the species to the facilities. They all agree on it's superiority. Indeed, it is superior to yours. I could teach you the finer details but that would require monetary recompense on your part."
-The Milkshake Song: Vulcan Edition
Career Officer
# 7
07-09-2012, 07:03 PM
It's random. That means to get all ten ships, the expected number of runs (50th percentile) is about 30 attempts. Or if you already have 7 of them, it'll take about 18 more tries to get the last 3.

To try to get through more of these attempts, you can try to switch instances (upper right of screen) to kill another boss after the initial one.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)

Last edited by phyrexianhero; 07-09-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-10-2012, 01:21 AM
Damn . . . Oh well I better get hunting I guess!
Lieutenant
# 9
07-10-2012, 06:26 AM
On the plus side, you'll have to be horribly unlucky to NOT hit all 10 by the time you've completed the "kill 200 ships in <sector>" accolades for all 10 areas, or the galaxy-wide "kill 2000" version.
Captain
# 10
07-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Is it random? When I had only one left, I also only had one sector veteran accolade left (for completing just one event in that sector, not the 200). I completed the one in that sector, and also got my final Unimatrix accolade.