Rihannsu
# 1 can't link accounts
06-20-2012, 06:27 PM
Had this imPerfect World account active so I figured I would just link with my STO account since I am going to be forced to anyways. Went through the links and logins like they say to and it tells me my imPerfect World account is already linked to an account. If it is, I would like to know what. It sure isn't my STO account. It doesn't even have anything to show my on the imPerfect World account because I have never used it for anything.

So I said hell with the existing one and tried making a new one. After doing so it took me to a blank screen and just sat there. Refresh. Nothing. So I go back. Try again. The new name for the new account I was trying to make says it is taken now. So I assume that the creation went through before the blank screen. Nope. Tried ID recovery to see if it shows up there and it only shows the first imPerfect World account. So now I have two failed attempts. Something needs to be done here.
Empire Veteran
# 2
06-20-2012, 10:11 PM
I had the same problem
Lieutenant
# 3
06-20-2012, 10:13 PM
Strangely, I actually got a response from Perfect World Customer Support after I had this same issue. I asked them to un-link my PWE account from whatever it was attached to, and I was then able to link my actual Cryptic account to it.

It gave me the funniest error, though. It said "An error has occurred, please contact customer support." but the linking was actually successful. /facepalm
__________________________________________________ ___
Original Username - njdss4 - Original Join Date - July 28, 2008 (Official Forum Launch Date)
Rihannsu
# 4
06-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdmb30 View Post
Strangely, I actually got a response from Perfect World Customer Support after I had this same issue. I asked them to un-link my PWE account from whatever it was attached to, and I was then able to link my actual Cryptic account to it.

It gave me the funniest error, though. It said "An error has occurred, please contact customer support." but the linking was actually successful. /facepalm
Have an email for support sent in. Now it is "The Long Wait" time.