Career Officer
# 11
06-23-2012, 11:19 AM
As an update for me:
Zen Purchase made 6/22 @ 6:20pmPST
Zen Review completed 6/23 @ 11:00amPST
Zen transfered to C-Points and confirmed C-Point in game- no problems, save for the inconvenient delay.
Purchased Zen again and I confirm the transaction is immediate- no problems.

So, it appears... Mind that first step, it's a looloo! LOL

I am exploring strange new worlds and seeking out new civilizations in a galaxy far, far away...
With my Assault Cannon.
Starfleet Veteran
# 12
06-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Purchased Zen this morning at 11am-ish, It's now 19.55 and still under review. I can't spend it if I don't have it. I think I'll just be relying on the stipend from now on.

PS: As all my info has gone, can I just say I've been on here since Beta and am a LTS.

Last edited by jlebeck; 06-23-2012 at 12:00 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
06-23-2012, 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
You won't have too, as the sticky in this forum says (linkie: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=279401) this is a one time deal. After that it's smooth sailings! (When I did it it only took about an hour but I did it in the middle of the week)
Thats great news! thanks for the info!
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
06-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Bleh, 15 mins, refunded. Trying again, $5 says it wont work
and ALSO, what i am going to do with my reinforcement packs (sell on the exchange) it kinda time sensitive. Is it just me or does the ENTIRE PWE company need to look at my credit rating and laugh at it before i get my zen?
Career Officer
# 15
06-24-2012, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by locutusx5 View Post
having same issue. have confirmation of payment was successful yet the Zen in is review. for 2 hours now.

Update: 24/612

Purchased Zen of 23/6/12 2.33pm GMT & received today (24/6/12) at around 8am GMT

I did a quick test and bought 500 zen and it was instant transaction. So it looks like the first transaction is a verification period.

MODERATORS: Please can you put forward to perfect world a disclaimer on their website saying the first transaction will take longer than usual due to a verification period.

Cheers
Updated my post.

Hope this helps
Career Officer
Here is a +1 on the frustration on this thread.

Going down the list:

1 - Confusing system and terms

"Charge Zen"??? Really? This is a horribly unintuitive term for "purchasing." Maybe it's very hip in China, but it's a needlessly confusing and obscure term for english speakers.

2 - Bad interface design.

To charge to a credit card, I have to disable my browser's cookie protections. The reason? PWE links to an outside charge agent inside a frakking FRAME, which is usually the behavior of malicious adware secretly writing cookie info.

I must do business with at least 30 other internet companies, and this is the FIRST time I've ever been required to disable my cookie protections (and thus open myself up to malicious problems if I forget to reenable it).

3 - "Reviewing" idiocy.

I made a purchase of Zen today hoping to buy an Armitage, but after discovering my points are unavailable due to "review" I learn by reading ON THE FORMUS, not as a WARNING WHEN I PURCHASE, that there may be up to a 24 hour delay before I can actually use the points.

I've seen a number of ridiculous apologists blaming forum posters for faulting PWE claiming it was our bank's fault. Wrong. My purchase is logged and completed according to my bank. This is clearly not protecting the users from fraud, it is protecting PWE from false transactions; ran this all by a friend in the MMO industry and he spelled it out for me.

This makes me FURIOUS. I spend money and then have to wait an unspecified amount of time before using it? ABSURD. No other internet site has ever done this to me. And they do not warn the customer.

This is the single worst internet financial transaction I've ever had to suffer. Cryptic's method was painless and effective. This is an insult to their customer base.
Ensign
# 17
06-25-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm very annoyed. Playing this game a while ow, dipping in and out. Decided today to purchase the Advanced Heavy Cruiser, Excelsior class, because I hate the regular Heavy Cruiser I have. I envisioned simply having to buy them on the STO site... no, I'm redirected then told I have to buy Zen points. (charge Zen? Wtf?)
Ok, but then it turns out that there is a conversion rate... (started to get pissed at this point, unnecessarily confusing). Ok, eventually I settle on getting 2000 Zen points, for 18 Euro. Good stuff! Moneybrokers etc goes handily enough, get a message saying my money is debited, now to buy me some ship!

I can't.

Seriously, wtf. You have my money, then you review? How long do I have to wait? Had I known this I wouldn't have bothered purchasing anything.

Very annoyed.
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
06-26-2012, 01:28 PM
Sadly, I'm seeing the delay quite often.

My first purchase took less than an hour to clear. The second was almost instant. I tried a third last night, and it was in review for several hours before being declined. I tried again this afternoon, and have been waiting almost 2 hours.

This is all with credit card information that Cryptic was able to verify and charge in under 30 seconds. I don't post much, but this is really irritating me.
Career Officer
# 19
06-26-2012, 02:32 PM
The delay was only about 20 minutes for me, but I bought at around 6:00 PM (CST) on a weekday.

Even so, the delay was annoying. C-Points provided instant gratification. And what is there to review? If there's a legitimate security concern, why wasn't Cryptic reviewing transactions?
Ensign
# 20
06-26-2012, 06:56 PM
Yes, this system totally sucks, step 1 link accounts for 2 hours, since that system is also terrible. Set up to buy this joke of ZEN, click Visa, sends me to moneybookers ( which i had probs with before ) Reset up my account there with new info, im like YEAH! But nope, Verified by visa pops up now, oh joy, off to thier site to set up new card, same bank, same eveything cept a new number.... whats this, my card isnt accepted.... then insult to injury, Moneybookers aka Skrill locks my account and have to go through the password junk again.

Moral of the story, PWE / Cryptic isnt getting an extra $100 on top of my $30 a month.

Terrible system, Cryptics was way better. I will bet my card is good enough to charge for the $15 x 2 a month though .....

Never thought i would be mega mad at not spending money lol
Closed Thread