Captain
# 1 Console not working properly??
11-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Today during a cap`n hold i was running into some tractor beaming ships and had some issue trying to get away with a ship like the Vesta

The Vestas Engineering console on the other hand states that it provides an immunty to movement debuffs, as i quote the Dev blog:

" which protects you from control effects such as Gravity Wells and Tractor Beams."

Then why was I still being tractored, and held in Gravity Wells?

Can we please have a fix with this issue or have a Dev and/or other players confirm or deny this?

And could this therad, if place wrongly, be moved to the correct forum section so this problem can recieve the attention its warranted.
Co-founder of The Spanish Inquisition TSI - Cause no one expects it!

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 2
11-17-2012, 03:33 PM
Just checking, you know that its an active ability that you have to map to your tray and fire off when needed, not a passive ability, right?
Captain
# 3
11-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom61sto View Post
Just checking, you know that its an active ability that you have to map to your tray and fire off when needed, not a passive ability, right?
Yes. If it was passive that console would be Godly.

PaxOttomana: gawd mirror event is like fighting a tsi premade, they keep comin and comin!
Captain
# 4
11-17-2012, 05:27 PM
What's your Aux power set to? Since all the other console abilities are heavily dependent on Aux power for their effects, perhaps the get-out-of-holds ability of that console is as well. I haven't used it much, but it did get me out of NPC tractors the few times I have used it.
Captain
# 5
11-18-2012, 05:00 AM
Quote:
What's your Aux power set to? Since all the other console abilities are heavily dependent on Aux power for their effects, perhaps the get-out-of-holds ability of that console is as well. I haven't used it much, but it did get me out of NPC tractors the few times I have used it.
Max, as im using my aux cannons.

Captain
# 6
11-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Seems like it's either a bug or a balance thing in PvP (pitting your skill points versus theirs then figuring out how much the console gets you out).
Captain
# 7
11-18-2012, 08:00 PM
Quote:
Seems like it's either a bug or a balance thing in PvP (pitting your skill points versus theirs then figuring out how much the console gets you out).
Must be a bug and cant be a balnce thing as it states immunity to all movement debuffs. If its a balance thing they might as well re-balnce APO for the same reason.