Career Officer
# 41
06-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by husnock1 View Post
I can KIND OF understand Starfleet seeing the need for a Battle Cloak since they're basically at war with everyone and their brother right now, but an honest-to-God RAIDER? That's a bit much. I mean, "RAIDER?" The name alone says it all.

If they really really really really really need a Battle Cloak THAT bad, just make one of the ships that ALREADY has a standard cloak have it (and this is just me playing devil's advocate here; really I just prefer BC's stay with the Klinks, and I have toons on BOTH sides I play with, so I'm not biased either way). Don't invent for them a paper-hulled gun-laden deathtrap that doesn't fit with the Fed policy of "everybody makes it home" in the first place.
going by this line of thinking.. if all current fed cloaking ships get BC, then they need to lose as much as the BOP has lost due to it's BC.. 1 weapon slot, 1 tac console slot, 1 boff slot, hull, shields, total power, and whatever else i didn't think of.
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!

Last edited by tfomega; 06-22-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Career Officer
# 42
06-22-2012, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfomega View Post
going by this line of thinking.. if all current fed cloaking ships get BC, then they need to lose as much as the BOP has lost due to it's BC.. 1 weapon slot, 1 tac console slot, 1 boff slot, hull, shields, total power, and whatever else i didn't think of.
Oh, and they better get the same broken.."Oops srry that was mom on the line and we just decloaked" cloak that everyone else has.

Yeah, that's right.
Lt. Commander
# 43 reply
06-22-2012, 06:44 PM
who cares .
i got the cloaking defiant and i never use it .
and the only reason the feds didn't use cloaks was the treaty of algeron with the romuleans
when the hobus star blew romulus to kingdom come the treaty should have been rendered null and void. there is no reason for feds to not use such a huge tactical advantage on their ships and if you go into the books replicator plans for cloaks and transphasic cloaks were in all starfleet ship computers but were only acessiable with admiral command authority in times of war.
Captain
# 44
06-22-2012, 06:44 PM
The Defiant would have to be hit severely by the nerf bat in order to give it a Battle Cloak.

Scoff at less hull if you like, but try eating a salvo of torpedoes soon after you've slipped back into cloak. Losing a Tac console and also a Boff slot is also part of the experience.

I prefer my B'rel Retrofit over everything else in the game, of course, but I run a Science Captain.
Nessia (KDF Sci), IKS Aluminum Falcon (B'rel Retrofit)

Swimsuits: People will pay almost any price to let their characters show a little skin... any price except joining the KDF.
Career Officer
# 45
06-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adon333 View Post
Oh, and they better get the same broken.."Oops srry that was mom on the line and we just decloaked" cloak that everyone else has.
Absolutely. Where's the justice if they too don't get their own days ruined by a cloaking device that has a will of its own... apparently a very malicious will that wants to see you die every waking moment of its non-life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by catliketyping
The Defiant would have to be hit severely by the nerf bat in order to give it a Battle Cloak.

Scoff at less hull if you like, but try eating a salvo of torpedoes soon after you've slipped back into cloak. Losing a Tac console and also a Boff slot is also part of the experience.
I wouldn't have it any other way. 'Course I fly a Guramba these days ('cuz I'll be darned if I don't use the single most expensive C-Store ship I've yet purchased to the fullest).

Last edited by husnock1; 06-22-2012 at 06:58 PM.
Captain
# 46
06-22-2012, 07:09 PM
A lot of this seems to be 'this is something unique that the Klingons have and should remain only ours.' If thats the case, then what does the Federation get that the Klingons will never have?
Career Officer
# 47
06-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post
A lot of this seems to be 'this is something unique that the Klingons have and should remain only ours.' If thats the case, then what does the Federation get that the Klingons will never have?
hahaha.. who wants to start the list of what they already have that klingons do not?
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"
Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Career Officer
# 48
06-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfomega View Post
hahaha.. who wants to start the list of what they already have that klingons do not?
I will start it...

1.) More and more powerful science ships.. < Sci ships in general lol >

Yeah, that's right.
Career Officer
# 49
06-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reginamala78 View Post

Why content of course!
Captain
# 50
06-22-2012, 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adon333 View Post
I will start it...

1.) More and more powerful science ships.. < Sci ships in general lol >
Gorn sci ships. Yes they're c-store, but I doubt any would-be Fed raider wouldn't be.