Exterior Starbase Tier 0 Map
- The ability to see the tier zero surrounding facilities (conduits, shipyards etc) from the starbase. All one can see is a blinking beacon location. However, its possible to look back and see the starbase from these locations, so it seems something is amiss.
In fact, if you blinked when a beacon went off you might not realize the system had other structures. Perhaps this becomes less of an issue as those structures develop.
This also factors in to being able to quickly see where you need to go during a starbase defence, without opening the map each time.
Interior Starbase Tier 0 Map
- More clutter in the hallways. Plants, furniture (interactive were possible), repair crews etc
- Transporter room floor surface seems to be missing.
- None of the seats in the altered Ready Room map on the tactical level of the starbase function by clicking to activate. The central raised platform chair does, in compassion.
- The large screen displays should alternate, perhaps.
- Allow the forcefield in the science lab (right of the turbolift) to be activate-able by button press.
Remarks: Some of the corridor walls i ops seem to be untextured, or have a default shiny, almost Caitian-Atrox blue feel to them. Is this intended? Hopefully not.
- More Side offices and activate-able chairs. I would particularly like to see the left raised area (upon exiting the transporter room) changed from a replicator area to a presentation/awards/briefing area, which included rows of activate-able benches, a dais, a podium, some adjacent seats for the Admiralty, and a hologram display (glass panel) that is activated by a button.
- Two more extended lights (or whatever they are) added to the glass divider on the raised circular office located across the clear bridge.
- Raised holographic screens from those generic consoles would be nice.
- Large Fleet emblem in the central circle i Ops, and smaller versions on walls elsewhere
- Use the sealed door to the right of the turbolift exit to add a firing range with dummies, doesn't need to be fancy like CO Power House (*cough cinema*)
1) Sort of a silly thing ... I did not know where to find the Starbase and had to ask :redface:. Maybe a Location label on the UI?
2) Also "Federation Fleet System" On the map doesn't feel right. I would rename this to "Fleet Starbase".
3) When on the "Overview" tab and you click "View Starbase", it jumps to the "Holdings" tab. Why not rename the tab to "Starbase"? I think it makes more sense.
Edit : Maybe because more bases and holding coming? Ahhh
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
Sign up here: www.bushrangers.net
We just put up a hot fix for the crash that was causing problems in the starbase space map. There are still a few instances running the old code, so they may still crash, but newer instances should be OK.