Cryptic Studios Team
Any feedback you have for the fleet system UI, progression structure, project info, project cost, starbase appearance, facility appearance, anything and everything!
Career Officer
# 2
06-22-2012, 06:43 PM
I hit a bug where I was unable to "Approach Your Starbase"
  • I left the starbase interior via the cue for the Federation Starbase Blockade
  • We completed the mission and I was dumped into sector space.
  • No map transition occured when I clicked the Approach button
  • I soft-logged then tried again and nothing happened
  • I hard-logged and again nothing happened.

**Temp workaround - log out of Tribble, log into one of your toon on Holodeck, log out of Holodeck then relog into tribble and you will be able to map transfer.

Last edited by commodoreshrvk; 06-22-2012 at 06:56 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
06-22-2012, 06:52 PM
For provisioning fleet projects it would be nice if we had the slider available for particle traces and data samples.
Republic Veteran
# 4
06-22-2012, 06:56 PM
KDF Fleet System is bugged, the moment you warp in you get a server not responding, this is fleet wide.

We have nothing. Nothing but our anger. We will take that spark and start a fire which will become a great conflagration!
Career Officer
# 5
06-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alastorforthrigh View Post
KDF Fleet System is bugged, the moment you warp in you get a server not responding, this is fleet wide.
same with the fed fleet system keep getting server not responding.
Career Officer
# 6
06-22-2012, 07:28 PM
[SIZE="5"]FED Aesthetic Feedback[/SIZE]

Exterior Starbase Tier 0 Map
- The ability to see the tier zero surrounding facilities (conduits, shipyards etc) from the starbase. All one can see is a blinking beacon location. However, its possible to look back and see the starbase from these locations, so it seems something is amiss.

In fact, if you blinked when a beacon went off you might not realize the system had other structures. Perhaps this becomes less of an issue as those structures develop.

This also factors in to being able to quickly see where you need to go during a starbase defence, without opening the map each time.

Interior Starbase Tier 0 Map

Existing Environment:
- More clutter in the hallways. Plants, furniture (interactive were possible), repair crews etc

Ops Level
- Transporter room floor surface seems to be missing.

Tactical Level
- None of the seats in the altered Ready Room map on the tactical level of the starbase function by clicking to activate. The central raised platform chair does, in compassion.
- The large screen displays should alternate, perhaps.

Science Level
- Allow the forcefield in the science lab (right of the turbolift) to be activate-able by button press.

Personal Preference:
Remarks: Some of the corridor walls i ops seem to be untextured, or have a default shiny, almost Caitian-Atrox blue feel to them. Is this intended? Hopefully not.

Ops Level
- More Side offices and activate-able chairs. I would particularly like to see the left raised area (upon exiting the transporter room) changed from a replicator area to a presentation/awards/briefing area, which included rows of activate-able benches, a dais, a podium, some adjacent seats for the Admiralty, and a hologram display (glass panel) that is activated by a button.
- Two more extended lights (or whatever they are) added to the glass divider on the raised circular office located across the clear bridge.
- Raised holographic screens from those generic consoles would be nice.
- Large Fleet emblem in the central circle i Ops, and smaller versions on walls elsewhere

Tactical Level
- Use the sealed door to the right of the turbolift exit to add a firing range with dummies, doesn't need to be fancy like CO Power House (*cough cinema*)

*hope to add more as we get stuck in!
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 06-22-2012 at 10:56 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-22-2012, 09:24 PM
Dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but when you beam out of your starbase you beam directly to sector space

Celebrating Over 10 Years of Star Trek Gaming
Starfleet Veteran
# 8
06-22-2012, 09:37 PM
1) Sort of a silly thing ... I did not know where to find the Starbase and had to ask :redface:. Maybe a Location label on the UI?

2) Also "Federation Fleet System" On the map doesn't feel right. I would rename this to "Fleet Starbase".

3) When on the "Overview" tab and you click "View Starbase", it jumps to the "Holdings" tab. Why not rename the tab to "Starbase"? I think it makes more sense.
Edit : Maybe because more bases and holding coming? Ahhh
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 9
06-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Regarding the Klingon Bug where one can not enter the starbase (from sector space).

I noticed there is a chat command: /Guild_InviteToGuildMap NAME@handle
But the one person who was on the map was not able to perform this command successfully, as they got this in reply...

[Fleet] Error running command on fleet map: you do not have permission to invite or kick players from a fleet map.

Which seems fine because at recruit rank, we are not set up to be able to take advantage of this fleet setting "Invite non-members to fleet owned maps".

But both he and I were in the same fleet (Kyrptic Klingons).

Hope this helps somewhat.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 06-22-2012 at 10:13 PM.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 10
06-22-2012, 10:11 PM
We just put up a hot fix for the crash that was causing problems in the starbase space map. There are still a few instances running the old code, so they may still crash, but newer instances should be OK.
--
Lead Programmer: Neverwinter