Commander
# 261
07-11-2012, 01:33 PM
I've just been given a mission by the "Officer of the Watch" to scan facilities within the fleet system. When I choose to beam up to the ship, I'm in sector space just outside the fleet system. I then have to choose to approach the FleetBase again to enter my fleets starbase system.

Shouldn't we be beamed to our ship where we left it, within our fleet system and not in sector space when given this mission? It would make more sense wouldn't it?

It's not a major big deal, just more of a slight inconvenience and I thought I'd report on it!

EDIT: Pulled up along side our Tier 1 Industrial Fabricator and had to click "Scan Industrial Fabricator" a few times before it scanned fully. The first few attempts failed with broken/interupted scans.

EDIT 2: Same problem as above with the Shipyard. I'm thinking at this stage that you have to come to a full and complete stop before the scan will work???

EDIT 3: Okay, it's confirmed... You have to come to a full and complete stop before you will be allowed to scan. The same as above happened with both the Transwarp Conduit and Communication Array too. Shouldn't these Scans work the same way as an Anomaly Scan where you don't have to be totally Stationary?

Anyways... again... this aint a major big deal... But something I thought might be worth reporting because the way it's working at the moment might not be the intentional way.

Last edited by c0nd1t10nr3d; 07-11-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Commander
# 262
07-12-2012, 12:31 AM
i dnt like that my c store ship will be obsolete and that i feel like i paid $25 for a console and will have to spend more money for the best hull in order to be competitive in pvp, not to mention that saving dilithium to convert to zen to buy it is out of the questions cuz we all gotta pour our 8k dilith a day limit into the starbase to unloch the tier 6 ships ( unless u have a lockbox ship wich got auto upgraded)

Last edited by tankalot42o; 07-12-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Career Officer
# 263
07-12-2012, 02:11 AM
I or someone else might have proposed this already.

As for the whole one player gets lucky to input almost everything in to a mission and not letting anyone else earn Fleet Credits.

How about if those interested would deposit the stuff they want to contribute with for the mission, even if the resource is full. When the mission launches the excess is returned to those who putt them in based on how many % of the exceeding sum they deposited in to each resource.

So is player 1 deposits 100% of the Dilithium and Player 2 Deposits 50%. Player 1 would get 50% back when the mission launches as he is the only one with exceeding percentages.

If player 1 puts in 50%, player 2 50%, player 3 50%, they all get 33.33% back of the exceeding 50%.
Lieutenant
# 264
08-17-2012, 03:21 PM
I can sum up fleet starbases in just 4 words:

A complete waste of time.
Ensign
There is an economics issue with the Starbase Project "Contract for Bartender on Starbase".

Currently, there is a requirement for 250 Dosi Rotgut and 250 Romulan Ale to complete this project. These are unheard of numbers for these extremely rare items. The in-game economy cannot support and sustain this requirement. A more reasonable number of 100 or less would be more efficient or sell the items at a vendor for fleet marks, dilithium, credits or Zen. Even if our fleet had the credits to purchase our way out of this, there isn't enough Dosi Rotgut or Romulan Ale on the exchange for ONE fleet to complete this task, much less all of them.

Since Dosi Rotgut and Romulan Ale are extremely rare in-game, fleet members should receive more that 2 fleet credits for contributing these items.

Currently, it is taking us more time to complete the Bartender then it was to build a Tier II shipyard...this seems highly illogical.

Last edited by armyflyboy; 08-18-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 266
08-18-2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamiinferno View Post
Any feedback you have for the fleet system UI, progression structure, project info, project cost, starbase appearance, facility appearance, anything and everything!
Does this still need to go here since Starbases are live now? Would it be possible to get a Fleet Advancement Section of the Forum (Like DOFFs got in Season 5)?

As for Feedback...

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyflyboy View Post
There is an economics issue with the Starbase Project "Contract for Bartender on Starbase".

Currently, there is a requirement for 250 Dosi Rotgut and 250 Romulan Ale to complete this project. These are unheard of numbers for these extremely rare items. The in-game economy cannot support and sustain this requirement. A more reasonable number of 100 or less would be more efficient or sell the items at a vendor for fleet marks, dilithium, credits or Zen. Even if our fleet had the credits to purchase our way out of this, there isn't enough Dosi Rotgut or Romulan Ale on the exchange for ONE fleet to complete this task, much less all of them.

Since Dosi Rotgut and Romulan Ale are extremely rare in-game, fleet members should receive more that 2 fleet credits for contributing these items.

Currently, it is taking us more time to complete the Bartender then it was to build a Tier II shipyard...this seems highly illogical.

I have to say, of everything from the Fleet Base I have seen so far, the BIGGEST waste of resources is by far the Bartender.

* Costs: Large numbers of Marks, Dilithium, Romulan Ale and Dosi Rotgut
* No Graphical change at all
* All items in the store are items I can get from any Bartender, anywhere (as well as from my personal replicator at any time and for the same cost)
* And provide the same DOFF missions as every Ship Bartender

The only bigger waste of resources I can imagine would be the Chef as, at least with the Bartender you don't already have access to the drinks from the Starbase Replicator, but with the Chef you do...

Last edited by switchngc; 08-18-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Ensign
# 267
08-19-2012, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intrepiduk View Post
I can sum up fleet starbases in just 4 words:

A complete waste of time.
That's 5 words!!!!
Career Officer
# 268
08-23-2012, 03:42 AM
What I do not get is 200K D for Targs on the fleet starbase, I have them running around the bridge of my Bortas along with the beds free including baby Targs. What I would rather prefer is a fire in the Fireplace with a cook roasting a targ or some other beasty on a rotating spit along with hunting mounts (moose head or elk anyone?) along with weapon collection/trophies such as crossbows, axes, swords, battlearmor and ancient collections of Klingon and Human weapons, we were allies at one time so the Klingons would have had access to these collectables and could have had hunting expeditions on earth (lions, Tigers and bears Oh My!) all head mounts for our collection Rhinos too! A Polar Bear and a Kodiac Bear on standing mounts would make such nice book ends to the fire place.
KDF Ancient House of Seplch
L.G. "Epitai" Kelrok son of Pok Seplch House Leader Tactical
L.G. Babd Grace O'Malley House Seplch Science Officer
V.A. Quintus Savat House Seplch Tactical Officer