Career Officer
# 21
06-23-2012, 10:16 AM
As mention before. Putting one by one samples. Colonist and like that is kinda slow and before i add 250 samples ill be in mood to shoot myself

And what i miss. On tier 0 task are done quickly . But when we get higher projects will take a longer time to finish. So i would LOVE to see Estimate of time how long the project will take before i select him to do .
Super Moderator
# 22
06-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Loving Season 6 so far and looking forard to completing the cooldown to see more of the starbases.

A few things I have noticed/would like to see changed if possible:
  • Can the Fleet Bank be tied into Fleet UI when providing items?
  • Can we have a slider to select which amount we wish to provide for items like Partical Traces, Data Samples and other items where only one item can be submitted at a time?
  • Can we have the ability to tick which Duty Officers are to be provided?
  • Can you please fix it where you beam out of the Starbase direct into Sector space instead of to the Starbase exterior?
  • Can you please fix it so that the Councellor has not lost her legs in the floor?
  • There was a bug on the large 15 person mission where I could not fight any ememies and at the end of it got rewarded -15 merits

That's all that I have noticed.

Good work Devs.
View all STO related podcasts by visiting the STO forum thread via: http://stoPodcasts.Info

twitter.com/MidNiteShadow7 - facebook.com/MidNiteShadow7 - gplus.to/MidNiteShadow7 - MidNiteShadow7 "at" StarFleet.com
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Lieutenant
# 23
06-23-2012, 11:32 AM
I think the Fleet Credit Rewards for BOFF points is broken.

It says give 10,000 points, and it gives you 200,000 Fleet Credits.

Which compared to all other contributions, giving you like 100-300 Fleet Credits, this seems a little unbalanced. Given especially how common BOFF points are for people who have been on the level cap a while. On most of my characters I have well into the millions.

EDIT: I really miss my old forum account. Can I just say that?
Career Officer
# 24
06-23-2012, 12:36 PM
Got to try out the Fleet System today, and I really got the impression that this is not for small fleets (under 10 people with a few active players).

Those in my fleet like it having it as a close-knit group and not having to leave for a larger populated fleet nor having to recruit players to be advance. The system needs to be more forgiving for those with populations under 20 so it doesn't feel like getting to Tier 5 would take years than months. Because if you value greed over friendship then that's when things get problematic.

So please have the system be more on an exponential system than linear where small fleets can progress easier. Sure they won't advance as fast as super-fleets of 200 or more, but it won't feel like it take 10 years to get to Tier 5 either.

Last edited by azurianstar; 06-23-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
06-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Got to try out the Fleet System today, and I really got the impression that this is not for small fleets (under 10 people with a few active players).

And there is 100% concensus in our fleet that nobody likes this system and nobody wants to bail to join a larger fleet, nor wanting to spam recruiting to strangers to increase chances of advancement.
The system is on Tribble for, wait for it, TESTING!

How about making some suggestions on what would make the system better for a fleet like yours instead of just complaining?

One thing I'd like to see are projects that perhaps don't significantly (or at all) advance the fleet, but do allow members to get fleet credits. This way, when all of the projects are taken up, members will still have something to do in the system.

Also, a project that creates some sort of object that larger fleets could donate (or sell) to smaller fleets could be interesting. I'm not sure how this could work or even if it could help, but some way for fleets of different sizes to cooperate would be a nice mechanic.

-Forjo
Join Date: Aug 2008 -------------------- My oldest post (that I can find)
Location: Houston, TX ------------------ Former Cryptic User #11424

Stop the easily abused and unfair auto-silence "feature"!

Last edited by forjoatinxan; 06-23-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Captain
# 26
06-23-2012, 12:43 PM
Seems like if you have a small fleet, you'll have to pug with other people in the queue to get your fleet marks.

So doesn't seem unique in the sense that you're protecting YOUR base, just a base, then you get to plow more stuff to build your base up.

Works for me. Just requires more coordination!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
Career Officer
# 27
06-23-2012, 01:16 PM
EDITED: Being Trolled.

Last edited by azurianstar; 06-23-2012 at 01:44 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
06-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurianstar View Post
Excuse me, but complaining is valid feedback. If you don't like people's negative comments, then it's best you ignore them.

As for me making suggestions, nothing I say will get Cryptic to think more about the many small fleets that currently operate in STO, for this system is obviously made for super-fleets. It's a peer pressuring system to get people to abandon their fleets for the sake of advancement and that is wrong. They should realize that people do enjoy small fleets and they are now forced to either recruit people they didn't want to before in order to advance or being unable to participate.

Only thing I could validly suggest is the Dev Team make the Fleet System scale with population size, where small fleets can advance without being pressured. Larger fleets can reach maximum faster, but small fleets won't feel like it will take decades to reach Tier 5.
I wouldn't have even replied to you if your original post hadn't said "we're opting out". You later edited that out, but your attitude was clear. You didn't like it and you had decided to just not participate.

Complaining is fine so long as you leave room for someone to address your complaints.

Complaining and just up and leaving is not constructive and that is what the post I originally read was saying.

-Forjo
Join Date: Aug 2008 -------------------- My oldest post (that I can find)
Location: Houston, TX ------------------ Former Cryptic User #11424

Stop the easily abused and unfair auto-silence "feature"!
Career Officer
# 29
06-23-2012, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the implementing the system, devs. :smile:

Here is some feedback from a FLEET LEADER'S perspective.

1) Nice work with showing the @handle on the leaderboard. Helps us know which PLAYER is contributing, even if on multiple characters.

2) The UI could use a little improvement. The description of the projects get cut off in mid-sentence.

3) Be nice if there was a way to see how much cooldown there is on each project.

4) Being able to que up the "Next" project - kudos on that one!

5) Rewards are a bit unbalanced with the 'Special' projects. Or maybe it is unclear what you get or unlock by doing them. The regular projects at tier 0 give 1000 military/eng/sci FXP. Requires 180 fleet marks. The Special only gives 80 FXP to each track and requires 600 fleet marks? Why would we spend resources on this project?

6) What is the difference between FXP and track specific FXP (milit/eng/sci)? Or IS there a difference? Tier 1 base unlocks at 1000 FXP. But tier 1 military unlocks at 10,000 Military FXP. As far as I can see, there are no projects that give just general FXP as a reward. They all give track specific FXP. I'm sure we'll eventually figure it out, but be nice to something on the UI to explain it.
# 30
06-23-2012, 02:50 PM
My only confusion at the minute is how we get standard FXP - I can find the three categories of Science engineering and military, but where does standard FXP for base tiers come from?