Cryptic Studios Team
Any and all feedback regarding the 20-Man fleet action.

Comments, concerns, questions, we want em all!
Career Officer
# 2
06-22-2012, 08:25 PM

Remarks:
Got placed inside a Klingon Defence for their Starbase. Could not shoot any hostile ships (as they were starfleet npcs). And the Klingon players were allied.

Suggestions:

- Add in side buttons to each area (transwarp etc), that when pressed, will show a guide path from the person's ship to the area. Its a little convoluted to open the main map, hover over missions location areas to find the one you need to get to.

- Its very difficult to coordinate which team should go where, without access to a UI display that can show which group people are in. This made Stage Three particularly hard.

- It would be nice to have the option of docking with your starbase after the map ends (but before leaving the map or being kicked out).

Outcome:
Enemy: Klingons

Stage One
Freighters Saved: 12/12

Stage Two
Enemy Ships Repelled (Starbase got to about 30% and we were healing it)

Stage Three
Industrial Fabricator Damage: 35
Comm Array Damage: 0
Transwarp Array Damage: 100
Shipyard Damage: 100

Stage Four
Starbase Structure Remaining: 100/100

Total Fleet Marks Awarded: 22
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 06-22-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Rihannsu
# 3
06-22-2012, 08:56 PM
That was fun!

Got 36 fleet marks out of it.

I'll agree that organization is a little difficult. For tier 1, I spawned near freighter group Charlie, so that's the group I followed. For tier 3, I saw someone engage full impulse, and just followed them.

I suppose if you're queueing as an actual fleet, you might plan ahead of time, and not just Leeeeeeeeroy Jenkins it.

Although LJing it is also a fun option.
Career Officer
# 4
06-22-2012, 09:06 PM
It would be interesting if as a fleet queue (all from one fleet) the fleet leader, or queue starter, could then plant markers around the map for groups to go to.

For example, this could appear like Bridge Officer placement markers, but in space. Showing were they want team 1, 2, 3 etc to go. They could be placed using the main map, and seen by all (or not seen if they want to toggle that off).

Just an idea.

I'd likely never do this seriously without voice coms myself, but exploring more UI ways to communicate beyond all caps shouting in zonechat is always a good thing in my book.
Republic Veteran
# 5
06-22-2012, 09:30 PM
Enemy: Orions
Result: Success: damage to two sub systems (industrial replicators and transwarp gate)
Issue: I was playing a level 50 Klingon (Orion)... I was in a Federation Fleet Defense. This means I was unable to attack the orions. Though I was able to heal them. I was also unable to heal or attack the Federation players. I was able to destroy their star base while they were off doing their submissions.

Received no fleet marks: Though someone else, also a klingon, also subjected to the same limitations, got 23.

Due to recent legitimate purchases on your account you have been placed on probation, because that makes good business sense, right? right?
Career Officer
# 6
06-22-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm also noticing that the old Abort Mission minimap button still displays while inside this event. Is that in error? As it has been removed everywhere else according to the patch notes.
Rihannsu
# 7
06-22-2012, 11:24 PM
I felt a lack of direction when it came to where I was supposed to go. I also had problems with SEVERE lag at the near end of the fight.
Rihannsu
# 8
06-23-2012, 06:17 AM
good fun.

my main concern was it got a bit laggy and im using a decent computer. i think some may struggle with so much going on.

the mission took a little time to get going s the freighters took a while to reach their destination but that should give people time to coordinate.

we were attacked by the orions. no major problems there.

defended the starbase just fine.

we lost a couple of the outer structures. we did not all go back to our original teams/locations and it got a bit hectic and i think we left one place undefended. also people did not realise you had to destroy the one with the sabotage bar going along.

the final battle was cool.

so no real glitches. not too hard. was decent. just the lag may be a problem.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Commander
# 9
06-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Thirding the lag issue, although I have an older PC than most.

That many ships, cannon scatter volleys, torp spreads and pets really strains the GPU. Not that enough to miss any of the action, but enough to be really annoying.

Happy to see Mission Briefing time.

Beyond that, the mission's pretty good. Co-ordinating can be a little bit difficult with 15 players, but I don't see how to fix that, bar when it's a private instance and everyone has voice chat. I guess in PuGs we're relying on everyone having enough common sense to see when one group/objective point is well covered and to go somewhere else.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
06-23-2012, 10:12 AM
Perhaps I've done something wrong here or maybe this was a bug?

I kept immediately getting kicked out of the queue whenever I tried to enter this.

Also, not all of my fleetmates were receiving a RedAlert notice at the same times. We had 6 fleet members online and only half of us were getting the notice.