Rihannsu
# 21
06-23-2012, 03:23 PM
I was under the impression that fleet events such as starbase defence (the 20 man one) and starbase blockade (5 man one) would be avilable to characters not in a fleet via the pve queue, but on a character that was not in a fleet they do not show up.

only when i join a fleet do they appear.

is that correct? i thought it was only the red alert one that was for fleets only or not?

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Starfleet Veteran
# 22
06-23-2012, 03:32 PM
Just had one of these where the voiceover was all kinds of confused, randomly spouting off lines, and when I left, it was like there was a mass que, it sounded like a dozen lines being fired off at once.

Otherwise, worked fine.
Captain
# 23
06-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Using KDF character I joined Public queue. Both times the only thing aggroed was the fleet starbase itself. Also, KDF & Orions were raiding. Neither was aggroed, but could toss heals on Fed teammates.
Career Officer
# 24
06-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Didn't get fleet marks on 2 runs. Am I suppose to do something to collect it?
# 25
06-23-2012, 05:06 PM
I did this mission only once. I got to defend a Klingon Starbase, being attacked by... Klingons! I think that is bug 1.

I had another issue I'm not entirely sure it is a bug: on times everyone get back to the center of the map, I experienced heavy lag. And only on these times. The remaing of the fleet action and the rest of the game was normal. During these battle I was unable to maneuver my ship at all. It just keept bouncing back and forward. Also, the game wasn't rendering my weapons firing. I tried to reduce video settings but the performance improvement was very little to none, what makes me think it was or a problem with my connection or a bug.

My specs:

Processor Intel Core i5, 4 GB RAM DDR3, GeForce 540M 1 GB RAM. Connection: Cable modem 4 Mbit/s

Overall: the mission seens to be good, thought it is hard to evaluate on only one pass and with the problems I had.
========================================
Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm
Click here for a compilation of usefull tools and tutorials
Lt. Commander
# 26
06-23-2012, 10:03 PM
The faction gating issue was pretty hilarious, and probably the closest to fleet vs fleet PvP this game will have for a long time.

Our Klingon fleet joined a PUG fleet defense, ended up (big surprise) in a fed SB defense. We could heal both the feds and the attacking klingons. Once we had to race back to the SB, we discovered we could attack it, and being true klingons, proceeded to destroy it.

By the time we were done, we each got 2 fleet marks, but destroying a fed SB made it worthwhile.
Career Officer
# 27
06-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moronwmachinegun View Post
The faction gating issue was pretty hilarious, and probably the closest to fleet vs fleet PvP this game will have for a long time.

Our Klingon fleet joined a PUG fleet defense, ended up (big surprise) in a fed SB defense. We could heal both the feds and the attacking klingons. Once we had to race back to the SB, we discovered we could attack it, and being true klingons, proceeded to destroy it.

By the time we were done, we each got 2 fleet marks, but destroying a fed SB made it worthwhile.
NICE! Songs should be sung of this momentous victory for the Empire!

Hopefully Gozer will be encouraged to add it in before Season 7.
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Republic Veteran
# 28
06-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Faction issue aside I like the mission Needs to be a bit more direction in what's going on though. Audio and Text displays saying what's going on and what needs to be done. For example. At the end, it tells you to deal with the Siege Dreadnoughts. But not all the Siege Dreadnoughts are going to attack the base. It needs to give an alert to attack the ones with progress bars.

Due to recent legitimate purchases on your account you have been placed on probation, because that makes good business sense, right? right?
Cryptic Studios Team
# 29
06-24-2012, 02:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captwilhelm View Post
I did this mission only once. I got to defend a Klingon Starbase, being attacked by... Klingons! I think that is bug 1.
This is not a bug. KDF players can face Klingons from a rival house, or Gorn separatists, as possible opponents.
Lieutenant
# 30
06-24-2012, 03:11 AM
laggy i have a amd 6 core t1100 16 gig of ram. pny gtx 550ti video card. 1 gig ssd drive. when there so many people and npc's on the map its get laggy as can be.