Captain
# 51
06-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Yeah only problem here is as playing KDF I could not attack any of the invaders/raiders and the only thing I could attack was the starbase itself LOL. I guess this must have not been what was intended Besides that it looked pretty cool
Again, that's the bug, you got in a FED defense mission (btw, you can still heal the FEDs defending the base). The opposite situation happens as well, FEDs end up in KDF defense mission.
TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix: Bring in the Allegiance class
Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia: Design that long overdue Tier 5 C-Store Raptor
Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var: Give us Asylums for Romulans

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
Ensign
# 52
06-28-2012, 09:22 PM
My biggest gripe was there is no clear indicator on the minimap of where the defence objectives were, the zone is so bland its too easy to lose your orientation to the objectives.

Add some nebula or spatial objects; on the minimap add exaggerated icons for the 4 defence objectives' locations.

Enemy: Klingons

Stage One
Freighters Saved: 9/12

Stage Two
Enemy Ships Repelled

Stage Three
Industrial Fabricator Damage: 100
Comm Array Damage: 100
Transwarp Array Damage: 75
Shipyard Damage: -1

Stage Four
Starbase Structure Remaining: 85/100

Total Fleet Marks Awarded: 16
Starfleet Veteran
# 53
06-28-2012, 09:47 PM
My biggest gripe with this one and the smaller 5 man frieghter one is that you can't see where the enemies are showing up on the minimap so you can head to the next group, or know what place to go defend. You're just stumbling around really. And in a cruiser when the next batch warps in behind you, you just can't turn around fast enough to save anything.

I think you need to vastly improve the minimap as a whole, it really kind of sucks. You should be able to see on your minimap things in your entire sector, not just within 15-20km. I guess these ships didn't come equipped with long-range sensors.

minimaps for ground are equally bad, imo, the minimap is one of the weakest points of the game, its nearly useless. Its too small, the map is like a gaussian blur got applied too many times, structures and objectives are vague/ difficult to find, etc.. it needs a redo.

Last edited by capm7; 06-28-2012 at 09:52 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 54
06-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Just played it for the first time today due to Brandon's event. here are my thoughts
Don't know how much of this already addressed, but here goes:
1. Klingon defense, but some feds joined up and destroyed the base (yay) i assume this is a bug that will be squashed.
2. because of the #1 the mission was a failure, and I got -14 fleet marks, despite the fact we did pretty well on some of the stages. particularly stages 1 and 2. stage 3, the defense of the outlying facilities, we managed to only save 1 facility unfortunatley. but i think that marks should be awarded per stage and not for the mission as a whole, that way we should at least get something for our success, limited though they may be. that way, even if in the end we fail to defend the starbase, for whatever reason (in this case, griefing) we can get some fleet marks for work done it the previous stages.
Overall though i found the mission itself was great fun.
Commander
# 55
06-29-2012, 04:54 PM
completed it perfectly, we did not recieve any reward (fleet marks) at all

seemed really laggy and almost unplayable at times

Ensign
# 56 2nd phase issues
06-29-2012, 06:10 PM
I've played the event twice and both times we failed the second wave/phase of the mission. Our starbase was beaten down to 0% but we were still given credit for completing that part of the mission and got the fleet marks for it (I think). Again both times we failed and both times the end of mission alert said we were successful. We did kill all of the Orions, so maybe keeping the starbase alive gives a bonus? but that doesn't make sense.
Career Officer
# 57
06-30-2012, 05:19 PM
The queue indicates 15-20 required to run it.

While hanging with the Cryptics Tribbles fleet today, we managed to get 15 online testers out of the 20+ available to enter the queue for this. The map changed for me. I found myself alone with a number of freighters. Then the map counted down and tossed me into Eta Eridani sector block.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Admiral Quinn was never over ALL of Starfleet << Link
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Ensign
# 58
07-20-2012, 10:31 PM
the last attack on the starbase is when it breaks my game... super fps laggg and i get this crispy sound coming down my headset, and the guy spaming voice "delta away" "alpha away" blah blah.. even when the mission ends and i spawn back at SOL the guy is still spamming and super laggy fps must be about 3 frames a second is still there aswell as the rustling crispyness coming down my headset.

i have to restart the game to get rid of it., happens 1/3 of the time. my comp is fine, win7-64, quad core, dual cards, liquid cooled. raaaaawwwr!