Cryptic Studios Team
Any and all feedback regarding the 5-Man Blockade mission.

Comments, concerns, questions, we want em all!
Career Officer
# 2
06-22-2012, 08:43 PM
Finding it hard to coordinate considering we were not placed in a team automatically.
Using zone chat to try and deliver areas under attack.

12 o clock being top (main map), 3 o clock being perpendicularly right of that etc.

The freighters seem a little too vulnerable to enemy small ship weapons fire. (Naussicans) Really need to be moving to each spawn with a small group of players. Could present very hard difficulties for groups with no science or significant healing loadouts.

Transports Rescued: 9 of 26 It was a killing field.

I'm also noticing that the old Abort Mission minimap button still displays while inside this event. Is that in error? As it has been removed everywhere else according to the patch notes.

It would be nice to have the option of docking with your starbase after the map ends (but before leaving the map or being kicked out).
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 06-22-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Career Officer
# 3
06-22-2012, 10:17 PM
Played this again. This time against Tholians! Not as tough on the freighters as Naussicans were. But very enjoyable.

13/26 - We're improving (had a team of 4).
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Rihannsu
# 4
06-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Fought the Borg. 15/24 freighters saved.

It was mostly just flying around, seeing where enemies were spawning, and then watching the Borg get absolutely destroyed by a group of VAs all equipped to fight Borg.
Rihannsu
# 5
06-23-2012, 12:00 AM
That was fun. I really liked this one. Did 12/15. I wasn't auto teamed, though.
Rihannsu
# 6
06-23-2012, 06:12 AM
we managed around 16 or 17 freighters saved.

i like this mission. no problems that i could see.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 7
06-23-2012, 11:29 AM
Results highly variable depending on enemy.

Undine are way overpowered. 2 plasma balls pretty much kills the freighter. Hazard emitters doesn't clear the plasma fire.
# 8
06-23-2012, 12:19 PM
Having issues with Auto-team, but otherwise a fun, challenging mission.

I have found that Gravity well makes the slower moving enemies (Undine, for example) ridiculously easy to Kite though.
Zoom in, gravity well, pew pew, fly off to the next group as they can no longer catch the Freighter.
Empire Veteran
# 9
06-23-2012, 12:35 PM
Perhaps: map ui
a still diamond designator for where the freighters start from that stays up all the time, and the target circles only apear when the enemies show up to beat on the freighter.

had trouble with the mission do to the fact that every target circle was up all the time, and i had no idea where the freighter in destress was actually at. Just flew a big circuit til i accidently run in trouble...
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Republic Veteran
# 10
06-23-2012, 01:25 PM
I've fought borg, naucicans, and orion, each one was enjoyable and not to hard. Naucicans tended to be harder than either other group. Biggest issue was when an enemy ship targets a freighter, it doesn't untarget the freighter. No amount of aggro will pull it. Nor will jam sensors or anti-matter spread. This needs to be fixed. Other than that I found no issues with this mission so far.

Edit: Oh wait, yes, the Map UI. It should display enemies on this map regardless of where they are because you can be on one side of the map and clear a group and look around and not see any combat, or freigthers, or enemies. Despite this there can be a massive battle raging on the other side of the base.

Due to recent legitimate purchases on your account you have been placed on probation, because that makes good business sense, right? right?