Lieutenant
# 31
05-10-2013, 02:09 AM
Start the game client, log in, and click Public Test (Tribble) at the bottom. If you've never been on Tribble, then there will be a lot of stuff to download, (basically all the game files) so you might as well start that now so you'll have most of the stuff before the patch goes live.
Survivor of Romulus
# 32
05-10-2013, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by timorbelar View Post
How do I go about gaining access to the tribble server once my character has been copied over, do I need to patch or download additional software somewhere?
The launcher will have three buttons - "Live (Holodeck)", "Public Test (Tribble)" and "Redshirt" (why we use Redshirt, no idea, everything's been going to Tribble)...and yes, it will require essentially downloading the entire game all over again.
Admiral Underwood - General D'Gehn - Admiral Ketiron
Real Join Date: October 2010
Career Officer
# 33
05-10-2013, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshmaul View Post
The launcher will have three buttons - "Live (Holodeck)", "Public Test (Tribble)" and "Redshirt" (why we use Redshirt, no idea, everything's been going to Tribble)...and yes, it will require essentially downloading the entire game all over again.
Reshirt test server is being used for now so we can test new bug fixes and such that are going to the Holodeck server soon. Tribble is being used only for the new content and all for now.
Survivor of Romulus
# 34
05-10-2013, 08:55 AM
Tribble = Awesome
Redshirt = Dead Ensign
Ensign
# 35
05-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Do ya'll guys believe that you'll be able to open the Tribble server today?
Captain
# 36
05-10-2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon4562 View Post
Do ya'll guys believe that you'll be able to open the Tribble server today?
It's not even 10 in the morning in California, yet. The blog stated the patch will go in today. But that might not be for several hours yet; but it will be in today.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Survivor of Romulus
# 37
05-10-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
It's not even 10 in the morning in California, yet. The blog stated the patch will go in today. But that might not be for several hours yet; but it will be in today.
On an unrelated note, I love your sig quote.
Rihannsu
# 38
05-10-2013, 10:08 AM
Question when is the testing supposed to begin. They said that 10am west coast time open beta would start (after they did some maintenance) well 10am west coast time is about 1pm east coast time and I can't create my beta romulan toon
Survivor of Romulus
# 39
05-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by belldandy01 View Post
Question when is the testing supposed to begin. They said that 10am west coast time open beta would start (after they did some maintenance) well 10am west coast time is about 1pm east coast time and I can't create my beta romulan toon
They said 10am West Coast time on Monday is when it would END. Nothing about the start time. Only that it would be today (barring some kind of delay).
Rihannsu
# 40
05-10-2013, 10:11 AM
Guess I will have to wait till after work before I can begin the testing phase. Oh well the good news is I'm off this weekend so I've got plenty of time. Had they done this last weekend I would have missed out cause I worked that weekend.