Ensign
I sat in space and calculated out the bonuses from the science console Field Generator MK XI rares. From the defense stats sheet either is showing up wrong or the item is not giving the proper bonus.

From the observed I had 10978 base shield capacity .

When adding one Field Generator MK XI with (advertised) +18% the shield only went up to 12398 which is only +13% (not +18%).

Now I heard there is a possibility there is diminishing returns with this type of console however I observed once again a 13% increase. From 12398 to 13818.

So my question is are the defense stats listed on the ship details not showing the appropriate values or are the consoles not giving the advertised bonuses stated?

P.S. Also if your first assumption is that I had to be in space to see the change I was in space. I saw the numbers change when I added and removed said consoles. So I don't think the issue lies in that point.
Ensign
# 2
06-22-2012, 06:05 PM
by coincidence i just added the same gear sets only markxii ,but what i noticed is that in space or outside space dock , adding or subtracting any consoles does not even change the #,s on ship shield tab , swap out the defector and it does but not consoles ,consequently I have no clue about my shield #,s are !!! ,I just assumed another of the many bugs in game .. peace
hempster
Ensign
# 3
06-22-2012, 08:00 PM
Would the 18% not be from the listed value of the shield?

What I mean is if the shield has a cap of 100 it would increase the cap to 118, but if the shields cap is 100 AND your specced into shield systems the cap could read as something like 130 but you still get only an 18 point increase because it's 18% of the shields stock value

Last edited by jurgen4149; 06-22-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Ensign
# 4
06-23-2012, 05:46 AM
I am specced into every important shield skill so that could be it. I was just hoping for a dev's input. I just would like to be able to see that it is truly 18% so I can calculate things accordingly.
Captain
# 5
06-23-2012, 05:53 AM
From the wiki:

"Field Generators increase your maximum shield capacity by adding to your Starship Shield Systems skill."

It doesn't boost the shield, it boosts the skill -- that's what's throwing your math off. It also stacks with any ship bonuses:

"The shield capacity bonus from this console does stack additively with the innate +30% shield capacity bonus on science ships."

http://www.stowiki.org/Console_-_Eng...ield_Generator
# 6
06-24-2012, 07:20 PM
beezle23

great answer bro , thx helped me ..
peace
hempster