Career Officer
# 41
06-23-2012, 01:18 PM
I think the game could've used another year of production before launch. After it was launched, the staff was just playing catch up and couldn't put out the content the community demanded. When people level in a few days, it's hard to keep people busy. I would've liked to see the game delay its launch a year or two. But I wouldn't blame cryptic, as Atari was probably forcing them into a deadline.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kb3Ou3s4rEo/TjfvbNYhvXI/AAAAAAAAADk/PioonqWOqa0/s1600/CardassianNinja.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 42
06-23-2012, 01:20 PM
At this point I say "Let it die".

PWE is going to milk us dry and then kick us all to the curb.

Star trek won't die. Another game will appear. Perhaps the next crew will do better.
HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png

CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
Rihannsu
# 43
06-23-2012, 01:21 PM
personally I dont see this as a end were getting fleet bases, were getting new races, and story content, however something does bug me. why does it take over 8 hrs to review myy debit card.
-Spells
Career Officer
# 44
06-23-2012, 01:21 PM
I have almost started looking forward to these gloom and doom threads as a feature of the forums. These types of threads have been going since launch, or some before launch.

Despite all these types of threads the game is progressing. Considering where we started at launch the game has massively improved over the years. Looking forward to the future they are adding Fleet starbases, a new sector, more ships, new badguys... Ya looks like we're doomed to me.
Lieutenant
# 45
06-23-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oridjerraa View Post
But what was old(TOS)is new again. Trek has lived for over 40 years and you think that somehow you can assume what the majority is? I heard Trek had had its day before and that was just a few years after it had been canceled. Trek will always have a special appeal to anyone who looks at the stars and wonders what is out there. By that reckoning there were Trekkies making cave paintings and learning how to make fire. You can't niche the unresistable.
You missed my point by a wide margin, but I expected that to happen. It's part of the problem.
Career Officer
# 46
06-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Two gloom and doom threads in one day... SCORE!

Ya I don't think the game is going downhill or they are planning on killing the servers any time soon. Even the OP is giving it two more years...
Career Officer
# 47
06-23-2012, 01:28 PM
some prophecies are self fulfilling - if you feel death of the game is inevitable then best to get out now before you invest anymore pain, time or energy in something that is doomed to fail.

Me, I will stick around for the end (whenever it may come). I may take a break now and then but everyone needs a holiday. I will also provide marshmallows for the eventual inferno at the end of days

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Lt. Commander
# 48
06-23-2012, 01:28 PM
I give it two years as well.

It will be like watching a loved one die of cancer.

Lt. Commander
# 49
06-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Yes. Trek will be around long after PWE has milked us dry and kicked us to the curb. At this point I just want to get it overwith, so the next crew can have a shot at making a real Star trek game for Star trek fans.

Republic Veteran
# 50
06-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by woghd View Post
At this point I say "Let it die".

PWE is going to milk us dry and then kick us all to the curb.

Star trek won't die. Another game will appear. Perhaps the next crew will do better.
you wont see an STO 2 if STO shuts down unless it generates CBS a lot of money before going down.

After getting burned by Perpetual and if the game were to close soon after going F2P that would mean there likely wouldn't be another ST Online game.

and by Soon after F2P that would be a year or so... considering there are mmo's that been going on a few years now after F2P and they are still going strong.
Closed Thread