I am sure the Starfleet Fleet Starbase interiors are not finished yet; but some feedback I would like to give...
1) The use of exisiting Game Art for the consoles, furniture, items etc degrades the wow factor of the new arcitecture of the base. It would greatly add to the interiors if new sleeker, shiney 2409 Consoles, items and furniture were made and added.
2) The placement of said consoles, items and funiture seems hap-hazard and just plonked into their positions without any rhyme nor reason... Just looks odd.
3) The is no flow or design match between Ops level and the other three levels... Ops level Artictecture = shiney and new, 2409 style (bar the consoles etc); other levels = old skool.
4) The ambient VO is poor, it sounds all radio-y with static noise... This is 2409, tannoy announoucements would not sound like this and would be clear with a minute echo if any.
Overall thus far...
- Ops Level environment/arcitecture is :biggrin:
- Consoles, Items, Funiture is
- Consoles, Items, Furniture placement is
- Tac, Sci, Eng Levels design is :frown:
there is a discontinuity between the main levels and the lower levels, which tend to be reconfigured variants of rooms and ships we already have in the game rather then a new shiny room.
it does not matter quite so much with klingons because you kind of feel like you are going into the bowls of the starbase and perhaps the klingon designer just did not care about aesthetics quite as much.
the fed one does feel a little odd though as i would expect the design to hold out throughout.
perhaps the main section is designed to be all light and open and sleek as its the main foyer and the rest is a bit more business like but it could do with some tweaks if possible.
I know time and priority is always an issue. Maybe this is something that can be updated in the future or even as part of the starbase upgrade. it will be months before anyone hits tier 4 or 5 so it gives them plenty of time to make improvements and then it feels like they are earned by the player?
I found the Fed Starbase interior to be too big. I'd be more comfortable for it to be 1/2 the size and incorporate Tactical/Engineering/Sci levels in the main area. It's not intimate/cosy enough and feels very sparse.
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
Sign up here: www.bushrangers.net
well i was generally more impressed with the fed T0 base than I thought i would be. Firstly the transporter window and beam into the base when in a team looks very nice and pro. The main hall looks sweet but there is a lot of empty space. This may not be so much of an issue when there are more than 5 players in there
The bartender looks a bit lonely standing up the ramp with not even a trolley to her name. Not sure if it is somewhere in the help, but it would be useful on each of the NPCs dialogs to say minimum Tier level for access to their facilities. I thought the Requisitions area was well layed out and a reasonable size.
The different colored floors on each of the ops, sci and tac levels was a nice touch again but as others have said there doesnt seem to be a consistent feel. The main ops/engineering room was nice but not much to do from what i could see. It would be nice if the consoles had more of an identity to say what they did it might feel less of an empty room. There was another room on the Tac floor i think that seemed to be a resuse from some of the early klingon series missions.
The federation interiors are bugged. I use demorecord and most of the Furniture is in the space (under the base floor). Looks like some one screw the Z value. When I have time I will provide a screenshot. But the main area of the fed base has a bar, table, even a dance deck with a DJ, 3d chess, and a lot of Oddy bridge style lcars.