Commander
# 131
07-04-2012, 09:42 AM
I'll chime in on the dome design.

When I stepped onto the Starbase for the first time, I loved being able to look out into space and perhaps could have looked forward to seeing some of our upgraded holdings out those windows and the dome.

Instead, it's closed off and feels like "just another interior map" to me.

Please, when you finally release Starbases, put the dome and starfield background back in. Or give us the option at a low Tier to allow it. I'd love to feel I'm on a Starbase and not what could be misconstrued as an underground complex.
Career Officer
# 132
07-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
the bartender already has a bar added. im unsure if it was a patch or because we are upgrading to tier 2 base but the system is designed to unlock stuff as you level it up.
Seeing that the bartender unlocks at Tier II, that makes sense.
Lieutenant
# 133 Bring back the glass dome
07-04-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by entnx01 View Post
I'll chime in on the dome design.

When I stepped onto the Starbase for the first time, I loved being able to look out into space and perhaps could have looked forward to seeing some of our upgraded holdings out those windows and the dome.

Instead, it's closed off and feels like "just another interior map" to me.

Please, when you finally release Starbases, put the dome and starfield background back in. Or give us the option at a low Tier to allow it. I'd love to feel I'm on a Starbase and not what could be misconstrued as an underground complex.
Agreed. Please bring back the glass dome. That was a extremely nice touch.

Or will it be unlocked at a higher tier?
Starfleet Veteran
# 134
07-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptdang View Post
Agreed. Please bring back the glass dome. That was a extremely nice touch.

Or will it be unlocked at a higher tier?
Personally, I think we will end up with a toggle, to open and close the 'blast doors', like we have on the TOS Interior.

If you walk up next to the hull, on the upper level, and swing your camera around, you'll see that the windows are still there, but the blast doors have been closed.

At least, I hope that is the plan.
Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
The Armada
www.thebikinibottomarmada.com
Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
Career Officer
# 135
07-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Regarding the Ops section of the Federation Starbase, I enjoyed seeing the traditional Holodeck/Cargo Bay doors at the bottom of one ramp.

When I saw the Holodeck added this week, I was happy. However, it arrived with the basic hallway/crew quarters door attached instead. I would like to see the more traditional Holodeck doors made available for Dev/Foundry maps. With the heavier sound effect TNG often used to complete that immersion. This door would work well for any future Cargo Bays or Shuttle Bays on starbase as well as starship interiors.
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Tier 2 Constitution for Fleet Refit!
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link