Starfleet Veteran
# 21
06-24-2012, 06:42 AM
I like the starbases very much, i suppose there will more interior details. something i really feel it lacks now is a kind of conference room, for fleet meetings and such things. I dunno, a kind of long table where all can sit... or at least a room one can use for ceremony.

Regards
Career Officer
# 22
06-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
. . . interesting. . .

The interiors you have access to, are intended to be at the very tippy tops of each base. . .
Quote:

The tippy tops which haven't even been built yet on the T0 bases. . .
I'll discuss with others on Monday.

I guess those are the breaks when we test something. Unintended spoilers. Good thing that we are testing! :wink:
STO Forum:
Where the Human Adventure is Just Beginning!

Where you can also catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.
Give the Art Team time to fix the K't'inga << Link
Exploring STO Since Pavement.
Career Officer
# 23
06-24-2012, 10:42 AM
The interier looks cool.Thanx for the work put into it.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 24
06-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Talked to Salami, they do intend for you to have access to the interior at aT0, so I'll have to make sure the upper ends are complete at T0, and the lights are on.
Sorry for the confusion.
Only YOU can prevent forum fires!

Starfleet Veteran
# 25
06-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Quote:
Talked to Salami, they do intend for you to have access to the interior at aT0, so I'll have to make sure the upper ends are complete at T0, and the lights are on.
Sorry for the confusion.
The only part I don't understand is the "Make sure the upper ends are complete at T0, and the lights are on". Sorry English is not my 1st language, so I encounter some issues with it understanding people.

Whenever I beam into the Starbase and walk into the room, there is an interact symbol in the kinda middle of the room. Whenever I change my graphic settings to super high it disappears.
Career Officer
# 26
06-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanecabal View Post
The only part I don't understand is the "Make sure the upper ends are complete at T0, and the lights are on". Sorry English is not my 1st language, so I encounter some issues with it understanding people.
I believe the exterior shots of the Starbase at Tier 0 do not show the place where the interior is supposed to sit at.
Empire Veteran
# 27
06-24-2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylenedrake View Post
I like the starbases very much, i suppose there will more interior details. something i really feel it lacks now is a kind of conference room, for fleet meetings and such things. I dunno, a kind of long table where all can sit... or at least a room one can use for ceremony.
I second this.

It would also be really cool if trophies were tied into the system somehow as well. Just like anyone can see trophies when they visit your bridge, maybe have that office in the Tactical area of the base have some trophy spots for the fleet leader to use.

A community trophy room would also be cool... just a big room with a bunch of spots for wall and floor trophies that anyone can change.
Starfleet Veteran
# 28
06-24-2012, 12:57 PM
Another minor thing.

When you beam out of teh starbase you beam into Eta Eridani sector block and not your starbase interior. Although it's nice to not have to go though 2 loading screens to leave, you we maybe get a choice (like when you are at Starfleet Academy), that way you can choose to beam into Eta Eridani sector block, or to the fleet starbase map?

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment
Empire Veteran
# 29
06-24-2012, 01:32 PM
Tactical Level - "Ready Room" type area:

You cannot interact with the desk chair like you can most Captain chairs.

The ship trophy model thingies on the shelf behind the desk are levitating a bit and half smashed into the wall. It's like a phase-cloak gone bad.

I'm not sure if this is added from upgrades, but can we get some spiffy holographic tactical readout thingies in the main room? Like what the Ody bridge has, and I think Admiral Quinn has something similar in his room back on ESD.
Career Officer
# 30
06-24-2012, 02:28 PM
Table and chairs.

Could be a separate conference room, but I'd be fine if they were plunked in the middle of the big room (ala the Captain's table -pun not intended).

Where are we supposed to have the fleet meeting?

And as for someone else who mentioned the starbase needing its commander, in my fleet that would be me. The fleet admiral. I'm just not there all the time. At least that's how I see it.

Nitpick desire: I'd love to have an interact button come up when I go the the transporter pad allowing me to beam out. I've been a bit spoiled by ESD.