Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Cryptic Studios Team
# 171
10-17-2012, 11:38 AM
In the interest of facilitating these tournaments, I have been given clearance to notify you all about power/item changes that will occur in this week's patch to Holodeck.

- Emergency Power to Shields will be removed from the shared cooldown that was previously introduced.
- Conn Officers were granting too large of a cooldown reduction to Evasive Maneuvers, and have been fixed (their reduction was being applied on a per-tick basis, rather than a one-time bonus).
- Phaser/Disruptor Lotus now only drain -75 Weapon Power after firing. Previously, it was applying a -75 power for each pulse, resulting in a total subsystem drain.
- Fixed various targeting bugs associated with extreme ranges (close and far) on Cylinder-effect powers (Pulsewaves, e.g.)

I don't have details for next week's patch, yet. Or even if there will be one.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Lt. Commander
# 172
10-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the update Bort!

Your Ramming Speed III deals 52098 (99235) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Remus.
Empire Veteran
# 173
10-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
In the interest of facilitating these tournaments, I have been given clearance to notify you all about power/item changes that will occur in this week's patch to Holodeck.

- Emergency Power to Shields will be removed from the shared cooldown that was previously introduced.
- Conn Officers were granting too large of a cooldown reduction to Evasive Maneuvers, and have been fixed (their reduction was being applied on a per-tick basis, rather than a one-time bonus).
- Phaser/Disruptor Lotus now only drain -75 Weapon Power after firing. Previously, it was applying a -75 power for each pulse, resulting in a total subsystem drain.
- Fixed various targeting bugs associated with extreme ranges (close and far) on Cylinder-effect powers (Pulsewaves, e.g.)

ah, i thought the lotus was over draining, a weapons batt wouldn't always replenish your power very well afterward too. oh and the kdf's sector space nacelle extension does not work, you can see it extend wile warping out, but in sector space it looks like normal.

also, why does the KDF ship have bortas like impulse engines, and doesn't have the impulse trail come from them? the impulse engines appear too actually be 2 yellow triangles. thats fine and all, but i wonder why the big, and kinda ugly, bortas like engine vents are on the model at all? they actually vent warp plasma from them, so they seem marked internally as warp engines. i guess the chimera has 4 engines, are those supposed to be inboard nacelles too or something so it technically has 4? sorry, over nerding out here.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Rihannsu
# 174
10-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
ah, i thought the lotus was over draining, a weapons batt wouldn't always replenish your power very well afterward too. <snip>
Yeah, me too. And lets try to not distract the thread from being about the tournament

Edit: And of course Thanks J-Man/Tron/Bort for all the good work I also hope the other bug that I reported got fixed..well maybe a little.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku

Last edited by webdeath; 10-17-2012 at 12:06 PM.
Captain
# 175
10-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Quote:

There's hope for you yet buddy!
aka NazHuggyBear2

"No, there is no real problem with P2W in STO. Obviously, if you fight against someone with an equal level of skill in the game, better equipment will give you an edge. But usually, it is the skill level that determines the outcome, not the P2W." - Sprinkles
Captain
# 176
10-17-2012, 12:07 PM
LETS GET THIS PARTY STARTED!!!!

Kkthxponycorchnk

Seriously though where evasive doffs overpowered? lol.

Emtee
Captain
# 177
10-17-2012, 01:00 PM
2x APO and a 15 second gap between evasives = super manoeuvrability
Previously Alendiak
Daizen - Lvl 50 Engineer - Fleet Avenger
Selia - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Avenger
Toval - Lvl 50 Tactical - Fleet Mogai
Lt. Commander
# 178
10-17-2012, 02:29 PM
@hulkhogan.ita
Sci\Mobius
Captain
# 179
10-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orondis View Post
2x APO and a 15 second gap between evasives = super manoeuvrability
I have a feeling I might've caused a spike with this exact... "build" and the devs weren't too happy about it : x

vids and guides and stuff

[9:52] [Zone #11] Neal@trapper1532: im a omega force shadow oprative and a maoc elite camander and here i am taking water samples
Career Officer
# 180
10-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Quote:
I understand why you are fixing this, I know they're broken - but I'm still sad.