Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 61
07-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Ok, since the match did not have an official observer, and there is no clear outcome of the match, I think you guys will have to rematch.

pm me in game @marctraider or any other official observer, I'll be around for at least a couple more hours.

But if one of you do not agree on this then I will have to discuss the matter with Sivar.
Captain
# 62
07-05-2012, 12:35 PM
I have to head out for night shift (it's 8pm here in England) but as I've said, I'm quite happy to field another ship, one that can actually die (the only reason I didn't was because I missed the deadline to slot in an alternate build).

However, if he wants to have another go, I don't think it's fair to hulkhogan.ita to have only one ship since I've now had experience with his build. It's up to him, though.
Banned
# 63
07-05-2012, 12:55 PM
There was an official observer (Prince) for the first two matches, he can tell you how the match actually was.
The third one, as you can see from the scoreboard, was nearly identical.
However, I agree that, according to the rules, matches without an official observer are not valid.
But according to the very same rules, also using a ship not declared at the beginning is invalid, so he'll have to use his Excelsior if we decide to have another match.
And as he say, it will be unfair changing ship at this point.
Also changing build after playing 60 minutes against mine could be considered an unfair advantage.
But in those conditions, with nearly the same build on both sides, another 20 minutes (after 60 already played) against him will produce the very same result: 0-0 and me roughly 7 times his damage.
So basically, I disagree with this decision, but if it is final, I will be online for a couple of hours everyday from 23:00 GMT+6.
Before that time I can only be online for chatting but not for playing (cause I'm in the office and i connect to STO through remote desktop from there).
Empire Veteran
# 64
07-05-2012, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by francescos77 View Post
There was an official observer (Prince) for the first two matches, he can tell you how the match actually was.
The third one, as you can see from the scoreboard, was nearly identical.
However, I agree that, according to the rules, matches without an official observer are not valid.
But according to the very same rules, also using a ship not declared at the beginning is invalid, so he'll have to use his Excelsior if we decide to have another match.
And as he say, it will be unfair changing ship at this point.
Also changing build after playing 60 minutes against mine could be considered an unfair advantage.
But in those conditions, with nearly the same build on both sides, another 20 minutes (after 60 already played) against him will produce the very same result: 0-0 and me roughly 7 times his damage.
So basically, I disagree with this decision, but if it is final, I will be online for a couple of hours everyday from 23:00 GMT+6.
Before that time I can only be online for chatting but not for playing (cause I'm in the office and i connect to STO through remote desktop from there).
Wait....he wasn't in the Tac/excelsior he declared prior to the season?

-------
EDIT: Also, updated the main post with the anti-zombie rule for the 1v1 league, keep in mind that it is in effect for season 1 only as next season will switch to a ladder format with tie games counting in the ladder.

Support a KDF equivalent to the Vesta Here

Last edited by therealsivar; 07-05-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Banned
# 65
07-05-2012, 02:04 PM
[quote=therealsivar;4593531]Wait....he wasn't in the Tac/excelsior he declared prior to the season?
[quote]

Yes yes, he was in the TAC\Excelsior setup.
I was referring to the fact that he proposed to change his ship\build for a 4th match.
Career Officer
# 66
07-05-2012, 02:19 PM
-----
zackerySS@ vs @evilito --- Match has finished according to rules and terms described by the League official rules.
-----

*Match ended with 5-0 on the scoreboard!

Here are the results from the latest match:

www.zeta-aquilae.net/Test/screenshot_2012-07-05-22-57-00.jpg

Congrats on your winnings ZackerySS, and thank you for participating Evilito, we hope to see you again in the next season.

// Video: http://youtu.be/7kBb993wPDc //

MT - Official Sponsor and Observer of Sivar's League Tournament.

Last edited by marctraiderz; 07-05-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Captain
# 67
07-05-2012, 03:16 PM
I'll see if I can spare some time tomorrow or the day after to have another shot at it, hopefully this time LeaguePVP will be more active at the hour. I suppose being my first tourney I wasn't sure what to expect, I would never intentionally run zombie builds. Part of it is just a side-product of cruiser BOff slots, so I apologize.
Banned
# 68
07-05-2012, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
I'll see if I can spare some time tomorrow or the day after to have another shot at it, hopefully this time LeaguePVP will be more active at the hour. I suppose being my first tourney I wasn't sure what to expect, I would never intentionally run zombie builds. Part of it is just a side-product of cruiser BOff slots, so I apologize.
Honestly I don't understand why do we have to make a 4th match when we both agreed to have the third one without observer, but if this is your idea, at least let's make this today (tomorrow morning for you), same time as yesterday (00:00 gmt+6).
There's also the match against Smeagol after this, and i don't know if I can be online for the weekend, so if we miss tonight there's a chance that everything will be postponed to next week.
Captain
# 69
07-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by francescos77 View Post
Honestly I don't understand why do we have to make a 4th match when we both agreed to have the third one without observer, but if this is your idea, at least let's make this today (tomorrow morning for you), same time as yesterday (00:00 gmt+6).
There's also the match against Smeagol after this, and i don't know if I can be online for the weekend, so if we miss tonight there's a chance that everything will be postponed to next week.
Well... yes, I did agree to hosting the third game without an observer, but I also said that I wasn't sure if it was a good idea and that I didn't believe the organisers would allow us to use the results.

I was also unaware of the damage rule (although you said you've used it before?), hence why it's been added after the fact to the main post. In any case, I'll be taking a much weaker ship setup. I'd rather lose through a legitimate kill count than by the damage counter.

I really can't stay on right now as I have to head off to work. I'll be on pretty much all weekend, incl. your usual times (0:00am), as well as on Monday. If this would conflict with the bracket windows, I'd be happy to concede the game, although I don't see what the rush is.
Banned
# 70
07-06-2012, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmerless View Post
Well... yes, I did agree to hosting the third game without an observer, but I also said that I wasn't sure if it was a good idea and that I didn't believe the organisers would allow us to use the results.
I wonder what would be your position if you had won the 3rd match.