Career Officer
# 1 Ship locks
06-21-2012, 11:40 AM
Is there any way to lock a map to shuttles and small craft only?
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.
Captain
# 2
06-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Not currently, nope. But you can still suggest it to them in the mission briefing. There are some good fighter/shuttle based missions out there.
Career Officer
# 3
06-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks, I am working on a 4 part mission arc, and part 3 has an atmospheric combat stage. Shuttles would work a lot better than cruisers.
Career Officer
# 4
06-21-2012, 12:14 PM
the only way I could think is to make a portal within the game using walls/meteors etc so that larger ships cannot proceed - start mission inside some sort of docking facility with a broken door so only small ships can get out - not perfect but better than nothing.

pretty sure this could be doable but depends on what assets are available.

In Game: @Liath | STO Join Date: Jan 2012 | PWE Join Date: Feb 2009
Career Officer
# 5
06-21-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eiledon View Post
the only way I could think is to make a portal within the game using walls/meteors etc so that larger ships cannot proceed - start mission inside some sort of docking facility with a broken door so only small ships can get out - not perfect but better than nothing.

pretty sure this could be doable but depends on what assets are available.
This would work for my mission if I could somehow have ship interiors linked to the foundry. I could force them to go to the shuttle bay (I would force a ship to have one), and select their shuttle. Maybe by the time I'm ready to publish Mission 3, season 6 would have done some of these things. I'm just now getting ready to publish Mission 1, my very first foundry mission.

Darkness Falls: In Hope and Desperation premiers 6/27/12

Last edited by sollaf; 06-21-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Captain
# 6
06-23-2012, 11:08 PM
The best solution here really is to just begin the mission description with a line like:

SHUTTLE MISSION: This mission is designed to be played with a shuttle.

And leave it at that. I did this and there haven't been any problems other than the fact that no one wants to play that one. The boxing trick mentioned above is

A) a lot of work and, if the ship is big enough, may just get placed outside it anyway, and
B) asking for a mass of "1" ratings for your trouble.

Show a little faith in your players. Fools will find something absurd to gripe about whatever you do so its not really worth stressing over much about.