Captain
Greets:

I;m just going to throw this out once again in an attempt that a passing dev will see it. I've filed bug reports in the past ingame and they've gone off to limbo. I filed a Tech Support ticket recently and had a GM answer it saying I needed to file a bug report. Not sure why the ball got dropped there.

Copy and paste from the last ticket:

Greets:

I am having a problem with access the STO foundry. Previously I was able to purchase 2 starter packages for 8 slots by doing the "create a character- delete the character" walkaround discussed many times on their support forums.

When I try to access the foundry, one of two things happen.

- I have no slots and can't buy any new ones. When I click on the Buy Foundry Project Slots button, I am taken to buy page and I see Buy Starter Package option. When I try this, O get a purchase failed result at the bottom of the page.

- I have slots but I don;t. When this happens, I access the Buy Foundry Project Slots, I see I have my 8 slots and I see the option to buy extra slots. When I go into the editor though, I see that I have 1/0 slots available.

This is I believe the third request to have someone review this situation. Please see if you can resolve this issue. This issue was reported as being fixed in a recent patch and I was told in the support forums by branflakes that it was working. It clearly is not.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

35 Starbase Projects done. 715 Projects remaining
Ensign
# 2
06-26-2012, 11:55 PM
I too am having this issue, just wanted to start working on it and every time I attempt to buy slots, I get 'purchase failed'.
Rihannsu
# 3
06-27-2012, 07:28 AM
yeah that bug only happens for "silver" players.
Captain
# 4
06-27-2012, 07:52 AM
The confused GM said that they would pass it along to the bug report folks.

No mention about their broken tech support form though.
---
Took 20 minutes to get that screencap and her arm is still doing through the armrest
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

Ensign
# 5
07-06-2012, 10:06 AM
Managed to find a work around for this, although it's a little convoluted.

Based on other readings around here, I created a regular (NOT content development) character. Don't bother customizing it, you're just going to delete it anyway. Let it load, skipped the tutorial, logged out, logged in, deleted new regular character, went to content creation tab. It said I already had 8 Foundry slots (this may vary for you). I told it to buy four more anyway, for 10000 Dilithium. After that, it asked me to create a content creation character. Tried. Character couldn't be created.

Forced back to login screen with error. Logged back in. Clicked content creation tab. The buttons for creating content creation characters remained unlocked (this was new for me) Tried to create another character. Success! I've been tooling around in the Foundry for the last hour and a half.

Hope this helps some of you all too Oh. And I'm a silver character, though I was originally 'Subscribed'. I cut off my subscription right after the first month of live game play, right after open Beta.
Captain
# 6
07-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malrassa View Post
Managed to find a work around for this, although it's a little convoluted.
Thanks but that's what I mentioned in the first post as the "create a character- delete the character" walkaround.

Also the next time you login, you can access it via the character you had created but you'll have 1/0 slots available when you get to the editor.
---
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

Ensign
# 7
07-06-2012, 04:24 PM
Says I still have 1/4 actually. Completely closed the client 3 times now. Guess I just got lucky.
Captain
# 8
07-06-2012, 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by malrassa View Post
Says I still have 1/4 actually. Completely closed the client 3 times now. Guess I just got lucky.
Must of. I check pretty much every time I log on.

Add to that the non existent zone chat and I'm just peachy.

edit: Thank you though for taking the time to respond.
---
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

Captain
# 9
07-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Just an update.

In my quest to get access to zone chat, it was suggested that one of the characters may be glitching the system. Since my newest character was the one that I created for the foundry, I went a head and deleted that one.

And now I;m back to being completely locked out of foundry. Can't even get to the editor with it's 1/0 slots.

Yup, lots of fun.

edit: Sig image changed until this is fixed.
---
Dr. Mike's Steak Dinner

Last edited by mikewendell; 07-09-2012 at 03:00 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-09-2012, 05:54 PM
Hey Mike, have you ever thought of making up a new account just to use the Foundry? I know how silly that might sound, but it only took me less than a week to generate the 10K dilithium needed. That way you would have one account you play on and the other you use for mission building. I guess it would suck if you got the same result.
-Wendy Black

KDF mission of honor and intrigue.