Empire Veteran
# 1 Labyrinth - 1m ec prize
05-06-2013, 03:36 PM
!PRIZE CLAIMED!

be on the lookout for an update and a new prize

Labyrinth - Version A.1 (KDF mission)

Labyrinth is a maze. Completing the maze is not required to 'finish' the mission. You will be given the option to quit early.

However if you are the first to complete the Labyrinth and follow the directions at the end, you will receive a prize.

Mission starts in the First city.

Current prize: 1,000,000 ec
Prize Status: Claimed 11th of May 02:00 GMT by Bear@SneyeperFur
Prize made available 7th of May 00:00 GMT
Challenges: No combat, maze changes as you progress, bridge officers and teammates may become trapped due to maze changes, maze changes prevent the player from back-tracking to the beginning thus forcing progression. It takes the author 20 minutes to complete this maze with a map and knowing the changes.

Updates:
Version A.1; Issue found, entering the Labyrinth, beaming out, then returning, causes all the wall changes to trigger making it unsolvable. Made it so spawn point becomes a closed room if this has happened in order to avoid needless frustration. This issue had revealed no additional information about the maze to players.

Players are free to discuss and strategize this mission in this thread. I will monitor the thread and provide feedback when appropriate.

Positive response to this mission will likely result in future enhancements, greater challenges and bigger rewards.

Last edited by bootyboots; 05-10-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
05-06-2013, 05:54 PM
Don't you Klingons have anything better to spend your EC on like rehabilitating the slums or hiring more workers to clean out the Targ pits....your planet kinda smells like Targ shiit!! LOL j/k

In all seriousness thou just wanted to say this sound like a really cool idea and definitely some creative usage of the foundry. Hope it goes well.
Empire Veteran
# 3
05-06-2013, 06:55 PM
I hope there is some interest in it. If not, that's okay too. But if so, I'd expand it after the first winner.

Also this is sort of a trial run for a much larger project I'm considering
Captain
# 4
05-06-2013, 08:55 PM
Sounds like a fun challenge. I assume the mini-map is disabled?
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Empire Veteran
# 5
05-06-2013, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
Sounds like a fun challenge. I assume the mini-map is disabled?
It isn't and I wanted to but I couldn't find the effect for that :S

However the map is all black so the mini-map only acts as a compass. I suppose you could use Boffs and turrets as way-points too.

Honestly it might be way too difficult to complete without that compass indicator. I had to stop and consult my map several times and the compass significantly helped orientate myself.
Captain
# 6
05-09-2013, 09:29 AM
This sounds cool! Plus i want 30 million ec to buy a Tuffli on the exchange.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Rihannsu
# 7
05-09-2013, 11:29 AM
To "disable" the minimap just put a bunch of foundation platforms(preferably the biggest there are) in the air above the map. Then they'll see a minimap but it'll be a featureless stone slab. :p You can even add things on top of the slab to mark certain areas if you wish.

If I try it, I'll use /loc as a GPS device. :p
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Career Officer
# 8 Dead Ends
05-09-2013, 11:42 AM
If the maze progresses as you go, and eliminates back tracking, does that mean then there are no dead ends? Or multiple solutions?
Career Officer
# 9 can't find mission
05-09-2013, 07:37 PM
unable to play mission, does not come up in the search when searching for Labyrinth
Empire Veteran
# 10
05-09-2013, 10:20 PM
There is a review on the mission claiming to have completed the Labyrinth. I mailed the reviewer to verify the claim and ask their impressions. However I still have not received a verified claim (i.e. someone finishing and following the directions there) so the prize is still available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhawkman View Post
To "disable" the minimap just put a bunch of foundation platforms(preferably the biggest there are) in the air above the map. Then they'll see a minimap but it'll be a featureless stone slab. :p You can even add things on top of the slab to mark certain areas if you wish.
that's basically how it is now, there are stone slabs, but the build area is out of bounds of the normal mapping area, so it just appears black

what I was hoping for was an effect akin to the one you see on the PvE Starbase Incursion

Quote:
Originally Posted by franc275 View Post
If the maze progresses as you go, and eliminates back tracking, does that mean then there are no dead ends? Or multiple solutions?
The maze slightly changes as you move through. Previous dead-ends become open paths, previous open paths become dead-ends. However there is only 1 destination and really only 1 way to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franc275 View Post
unable to play mission, does not come up in the search when searching for Labyrinth
Did you search as a KDF? Are you a reviewer? This is a KDF mission and not out of review yet. I had someone check for me and verify that the keyword "labyrinth' should pull up at least 2 missions at this time including mine