Career Officer
# 71
03-05-2013, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lagunad View Post
I saved a build (to link and local file), but it didn't appear in the list of saved links. So I went to the MySkillPlanner page, clicked Share, and instead of sharing, it deleted the build.

Then I tried to reload the deleted build from the file I had saved a few moments earlier. That locks up the page indefinitely on the "loading" progress bar.

Before making that full build (with all equipment, BOffs, etc), I saved a build with only my skills (to link and file). Attempting to load *that* from the file also locks up the page on the "loading" progress bar.

Attempting to load the skill-only build from a link seems to work.

So I saved a copy of that build to a new file+link with a different name, and *that* build now doesn't appear in the dropdown list. I went to MySkillPlanner, clicked Share on the copy, and it was deleted (again). Attempting to reload it from the file I saved locks up on the progress bar (again). So this seems to be completely reproducible.
I'm going to work on all of this today and reply when I have a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience.

As for the file, I do know there is a problem with saving them. I thought I corrected it but I guess not. I can manually fix your file if you want. Just send me a message through my site's contact page. After I reply you can attach the file to the email and send it to me.
Career Officer
# 72
03-05-2013, 07:00 AM
FIXES:

When saving to a link, it should appear in the list of saved links and load links.

The My Skill Planner page is now working properly.

Saving and loading from a file is working correctly. If you are having a problem with your file then it is most likely because the file was created before this fix. Contact me through my site so I can manually fix it for you.
Career Officer
# 73
03-06-2013, 02:20 AM
Haven't fully tested the stuff I reported, but newly saved files seem to load OK now.

Another issue: When I click on a BOff (space) slot, it pops up the list of ability choices. If I try to scroll down with the scrollbar on the right hand side of that pop-up, it does not scroll, but rather dismisses the pop-up (rather like if I had clicked outside the pop-up).

Using the mouse wheel seems to be the only way to scroll down to choices that aren't visible when the BOff skill dialog pops up. (That has the slightly annoying but not show-stopping feature that when you reach the bottom of the BOff skill window, it starts scrolling the main page behind it).
Career Officer
# 74
03-06-2013, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Haven't fully tested the stuff I reported, but newly saved files seem to load OK now.

Another issue: When I click on a BOff (space) slot, it pops up the list of ability choices. If I try to scroll down with the scrollbar on the right hand side of that pop-up, it does not scroll, but rather dismisses the pop-up (rather like if I had clicked outside the pop-up).

Using the mouse wheel seems to be the only way to scroll down to choices that aren't visible when the BOff skill dialog pops up. (That has the slightly annoying but not show-stopping feature that when you reach the bottom of the BOff skill window, it starts scrolling the main page behind it).
I'll look into it and see what I can do. Thanks.
Rihannsu
# 75
03-06-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio87 View Post
Saving and loading from a file is working correctly. If you are having a problem with your file then it is most likely because the file was created before this fix. Contact me through my site so I can manually fix it for you.
just tried to make and save another build last night, and it definitely seems fixed this time! good work on the quick fixes
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Career Officer
# 76
03-08-2013, 07:15 AM
Quote:
I haven't been able to replicate this bug. What browser are you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
just tried to make and save another build last night, and it definitely seems fixed this time! good work on the quick fixes
That's great to hear!
Captain
# 77
03-08-2013, 07:36 AM
Would it be possible to have an 'opt-out' button for all that google and facebook trash on the site ? Those scripts slaughter the performance of the build page and sometimes blocking the wrong google script disables the build page.
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

You're gonna upgrade my Chel Grett for FREE but charge me $27 to upgrade my Kamarag ?
Career Officer
# 78
03-08-2013, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio87 View Post
I haven't been able to replicate this bug. What browser are you using?
IE10 (desktop) + Win 8

Just tested it again, still happening for me. Clicking the BOff window scroll bar *does* scroll the window, as it's fading out...
Starfleet Veteran
# 79
03-08-2013, 06:12 PM
Couldn't find the Romulan Embassy Sci Consoles.
Career Officer
# 80
03-09-2013, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
Would it be possible to have an 'opt-out' button for all that google and facebook trash on the site ? Those scripts slaughter the performance of the build page and sometimes blocking the wrong google script disables the build page.
I'll try to find out what it could be and see if there is anything I can do about it.

Quote:
IE10 (desktop) + Win 8

Just tested it again, still happening for me. Clicking the BOff window scroll bar *does* scroll the window, as it's fading out...
I just installed IE10 so I'll be testing it out and fix whatever bugs I can find.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonulinu2 View Post
Couldn't find the Romulan Embassy Sci Consoles.
They are in there. Choose the name (for example Inertial Dampeners) the Mk, and Ultra Rare.