Captain
# 1 Moar ensign engineering powers
02-26-2014, 08:55 AM
I don't know if devs actually read and or reply to these threads... so maybe someone who knows a dev could find out. Are there any plans on creating new engineering powers so that, especially cruisers with three three ensign abilities could have more diversity at the ensign level? I know the devs probably aren't keen on creating new powers as they would have to consider the balance of it all, and I know they said they don't want to move some powers to start at ensign because it would screw up how the game randomly selects powers for still-in-the-poke'ball boffs. Though I really can't imagine that last bit is THAT difficult to modify, though that may simply be a failure of imagination on my part considering something old breaks every time something new is added.

I would like to suggest that aux2-x powers start at ensign... they don't all have to, aux to structural can stay where it is if it has to, aux to bat and aux to dampers don't have third levels of the ability, so their level 1 could start at ensign and go to 3 at lt.com. Though I know heaps of people have a stick up their aft claiming aux to bat at ensign would be totes OP, so even just aux to dampers at ensign would give people something to work with... but please, PAHlease, can we have something? Even a glimmer of hope that it's actually being considered and or especially worked on?

Please and thank you. ^^
Captain
# 2
02-26-2014, 09:35 AM
I don't know if people read everything on the forums but I would just like to say this has been asked many times. As for it being "not that hard" to alter abilities to start at ensign etc, this is actually not possible at the moment without far, far more work than it is worth doing...at the moment.

It's the way bridge officers are generated as having certain abilities, so while it doesn't seem hard they have to muck around with the boff ability generation side and to make sure they're generated right as well as altering many other aspects of the game.

Having said that if you had listened to the priority one podcast 158.5 Gecko mentions some things about changing the way boff abilities are slotted and talked about instead making them more like gems and stuff. There are a lot of changes in the pipeline which will change boff abilities and many other core aspects of the game. So don't expect any changes or real responses till then.

Tldr: be patient changes are coming in the next year.
------
It is through repetition that we learn our weakness.
A master with a stone is better than a novice with a sword.

Has damage got out of control?
This is the last thing I will post.
Captain
# 3
02-26-2014, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpharma View Post
I don't know if people read everything on the forums but I would just like to say this has been asked many times. As for it being "not that hard" to alter abilities to start at ensign etc, this is actually not possible at the moment without far, far more work than it is worth doing...at the moment.

It's the way bridge officers are generated as having certain abilities, so while it doesn't seem hard they have to muck around with the boff ability generation side and to make sure they're generated right as well as altering many other aspects of the game.

Having said that if you had listened to the priority one podcast 158.5 Gecko mentions some things about changing the way boff abilities are slotted and talked about instead making them more like gems and stuff. There are a lot of changes in the pipeline which will change boff abilities and many other core aspects of the game. So don't expect any changes or real responses till then.

Tldr: be patient changes are coming in the next year.
TLDR? Not familiar with that acronym. And by "in the next year" do you mean this year? Yes, I read the forums, and i know it's been asked many times, so has the other thread recently started in here about tac team distribution/manual distribution, and a whole host of other issues, but they tend to fall by the wayside until someone asks again. I shall see if I can find this priority one pod cast you speak of... this 'gem' thing sounds odd... I know there was a bit once upon a time about captains being able to create a "training item" of some sort so that we don't have to trade boffs for training, but I presume you mean something else. Anywho, thanks for the response.
Captain
# 4
02-26-2014, 10:39 AM
listened to it, and it seems captain kits revamp is definitely coming in season 9, the boff training thing sounds a bit more up in the air, and makes no mention of moving and or adding powers to the ensign level for engineer so... not sure if I should be hopeful of this potential up in the air revamp of boff skills. =/
Ensign
# 5 Sorry!
02-27-2014, 10:10 AM
ok I sincerely apologize for attempting to hijack this thread but I am unable to start my own >.<

From a REALLY new captain, is there any standard build guides for captain types - ie I am looking for a skill plan for an Engineer Cpt that grows into a tankish DPS build?

I appreciate the help and apologize again!
Captain
# 6
02-27-2014, 10:56 AM
One of the only changes I would like see is the addition of CRF/CSV as an ensign ability, I mean come on now your are saying an ensign can handle TT's, BFAW's, BO's, THY's, TS's, but don't know a damn thing when it comes to caanons?
[Combat (Self)] Your Lunge deals 3252 (1916) Physical Damage(Critical) to Heavy Tactical Drone.
If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of The Romulan Tal Shiar fleet
Captain
# 7
02-27-2014, 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwraith77 View Post
One of the only changes I would like see is the addition of CRF/CSV as an ensign ability, I mean come on now your are saying an ensign can handle TT's, BFAW's, BO's, THY's, TS's, but don't know a damn thing when it comes to caanons?
Make all BOFF abilities start at Ensign.

For Commander BOFF abilities...

Tac: APA, FoMM, TacInit
Eng: RSF, EPS, Nadion
Sci: Scan, SNB, Scattering

Let's get the ball rolling!
Vice Admiral Geist, Klingon Science Officer
V.S.S. Oracle, D'Kyr-class Science Vessel
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-27-2014, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post

Whatever good stuff you are on, put it down and step away
---------------------------------------------
Unabashed Ker'rat Junkie
Derrick - Fed Eng
Der'rick - KDF Tac
Captain
# 9
02-27-2014, 12:38 PM
Quote:

I really like this idea. Though I'd add, make all boff stations universal.

- But -

It would be a huge nerf to decloack+alpha.

44th Fleet/44th Assault Squadron
Captain
# 10
02-27-2014, 11:38 PM
Quote:

I wouldn't mind all boff powers starting at ensign and going to commander, so ranks 1-4, but yeah, putting captain abilities in the commander slot for boffs isn't gonna happen, lol.