Starfleet Veteran
# 91
06-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Not sure why anyone is complaining about this. It's a FREE perk. If you don't want to use it then you don't have to. If anyone should complain it will the NWN players who might feel they have to buy LTS subscriptions to get beta access (just like we had complaints when people bought CO LTS's to get STO beta access, which got messed up too!).

Eitherway, no reason at all for STO players to get annoyed by this perk, I won't be using it, but I see no cause to feel annoyed I've been offered a beta spot in another game. Pretty sure the foundry authors will love it as well so they can test the foundry features in NWN that will get ported over to STO.

My views are my own and may not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 92
06-25-2012, 06:25 PM
This is no perk, this is an insult.
Career Officer
# 93
06-25-2012, 06:56 PM
I think the article deserves to be corrected. This isn't a perk for STO lifetimers. It is a promotion only. For those who wants to beta test Neverwinter, and it is already a STO lifer, a wonderfull one. But it is not a perk. When you tell a player about a new perk, it imediatelly think of a in-game item or something related. Like acces to captain's table, playable liberated borg and so on. So, when players read the article and see it is just a promotion, they get frustrated. I was frustrated. The net ressult is rage all over the place. So, changing this probably would avoid misunderstanding and consequently the bad effects on the comments and forums.
========================================
Pre-forum change name: Captain Wilhelm
Click here for a compilation of usefull tools and tutorials
Career Officer
# 94
06-25-2012, 06:56 PM
Cool and all, but I would have rather gotten a new lifetime perk that I could use in STO. Granted I will admit that despite my changing feelings about Cryptic I have been curious how their Neverwinter will stack up against Bioware and Obsidion's offerings.

Also, I do kind of want to see the game my C-Store purchases were funding.
Republic Veteran
# 95
06-25-2012, 07:01 PM
I think it's great they're giving lifetimers beta access. Now what bout me? in about a week I'll be billed again. And I'll have paid just shy of 300 dollars in total for subscription fees. Roughly the same as a lifetime. And I'll be billed again next month, unlike a lifetimer. Yet, I don't get a beta key? Why is that? You would think the fact that I have enough dedication to the game to pay every month and more than 300 in total would mean I deserve something nice too by this point...

Due to recent legitimate purchases on your account you have been placed on probation, because that makes good business sense, right? right?
Career Officer
# 96
06-25-2012, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulisvel View Post
I have been curious how their Neverwinter will stack up against Bioware and Obsidion's offerings.
I doubt NWO will measure up against BioWare and Obsidian. I do think however that Cryptic is targeting NWO to measure up versus Guild Wars 2, TERA and perhaps The Secret World.
Banned
# 97
06-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Also, NW will be F2P.
Career Officer
# 98
06-25-2012, 07:41 PM
What has the world come to when The Grand Nagus has to resort to 1337SP34K? Not a Perfect World, for sure!
Career Officer
# 99
06-25-2012, 07:56 PM
How many folks actually clicked the link and read the line in the annoucement that the invites for lifers will be doled out over the course of the test? They were more careful this time to word it to avoid the nerdrage when everybody doesn't get in on the first day. Though it'll be interesting to see how much still happens anyway....
Banned
# 100
06-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordxenite View Post
What has the world come to when The Grand Nagus has to resort to 1337SP34K? Not a Perfect World, for sure!
Its hardly "leet speak" with *any* caps =P