Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 606
# 161
07-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by defalus View Post
So keeping gold status and perks as part of the LTS without paying monthly fees does not qualify as an LTS perk?

TBH, I'm not entirely sure if your post was serious.

As serious as it's ever going to get.

I have no motivation to get LTS, surely a customer seeing no reason to get something isn't something good.

While I admit the thought of it still being gold did not immediately cross my mind, it's still very meager to my eyes.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 132
# 162 Neverwinter
07-09-2012, 12:19 PM
First of all let me say I do understand some what people have said in here about this topic but remember they didn't have to do this at all not even for LTS and I know it seems unfair but am a lifer so I think its great am getting the opportunity to test this game.

Speaking of that Branflakes do you have a time scale as to when those of us who are lifers will be getting their invites for Neverwinter am like little child on christmas eve waiting to see what I will get on Xmas day and I can't wait for this closed beta invite for I am champing at the bit to get in and test this baby .
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 172
# 163
07-14-2012, 12:13 PM
I'd still rather have something USEFUL. Perhaps something like a single lock box key with the monthly stipend so the HUNDREDS of lock boxes cluttering my inventory and bank don't sit unused for YEARS. I don't think that one key per mo as an actual PERK for lifers is asking too much. Keeping in mind that most drops from green lock boxes will be cr@p. I'd much prefer this over things like dancing monkies or costume pieces I'll probably never use. Y'know an actual one in a billion chance of getting one of the "chase" items out of the lock boxes, or at least a few rares / very rares.

But, that's just me. And, of course it presupposes that despite Ferengi lock boxes going away they'll probably roll out some NEW lock box nobody much cares about...

Anywho, just another Lifer grumbling...

Ohh, and frankly, some of us don't have enough time to be playing ONE MMO + Tribble, let alone two MMOs. I'd rather just get USEFUL things in the game I PAID TO PLAY, so I can have fun in THIS game.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 138
# 164
07-14-2012, 01:16 PM
I wish they would give actual perks for the game for both liftime and gold member.

AKA Primus01
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 158
# 165
08-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Guess my invite got lost in the mail. On the ball as usual, Cryptic. And what ever happened with the Facebook contest??
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 131
# 166
08-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucianazeta View Post
I have no motivation to get LTS, surely a customer seeing no reason to get something isn't something good.
I have no reason to order 95% of the things on the Starbucks menu. It doesn't mean they are wrong to offer them.

I kinda liked Crystal Pepsi, but not a whole lot. Most people didn't or they'd still make it. Crystal Pepsi is like the Matrix Online.

Part of consumer choice includes the possibility of having choices an individual consumer does not want. If you want something different, that's the feedback a business will consider. But there's no reason to take "electronic access configuration #3" off the menu, it's not taking up shelf space in the back. And it speaks louder if they remove it than if they don't. It'll probably be on the menu until 90 days before the game shuts down.

=/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=

Last edited by brackynews; 08-02-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,856
# 167
08-03-2012, 09:10 AM
I believe the complaints aren't about getting extras. Nobody cares about extras, but it's the perception of how LTS is being treated.

If the LTS was already considered worthwhile, then stuff like this would be shrugged off as a minor perk on top of an already good purchase. Nobody would complain because they're already satisfied with their purchase.

However, a LTS is generally considered to not be worth the purchase - you get more by going Gold and just buying Zen. Since they are dissatisfied with their LTS, and are already complaining they should have more, when the "more" is worthless (in the context of STO) it is seen as insulting. "We complain we didn't get enough for our money, and you reply by trying to get us to play another game?!"

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk

Last edited by darkjeff; 08-03-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 242
# 168
08-03-2012, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasprime View Post
I wish they would give actual perks for the game for both liftime and gold member.
They can't do that it might void there faustian contract
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 423
# 169
08-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
I believe the complaints aren't about getting extras. Nobody cares about extras, but it's the perception of how LTS is being treated.

If the LTS was already considered worthwhile, then stuff like this would be shrugged off as a minor perk on top of an already good purchase. Nobody would complain because they're already satisfied with their purchase.

However, a LTS is generally considered to not be worth the purchase - you get more by going Gold and just buying Zen. Since they are dissatisfied with their LTS, and are already complaining they should have more, when the "more" is worthless (in the context of STO) it is seen as insulting. "We complain we didn't get enough for our money, and you reply by trying to get us to play another game?!"
I would be thrilled with sto perks, beta to another crypic game is a throw away prize, thanks, but you could of just sent me some toilet paper......more useful than another perfect world game access.

My LTS subscription basically sits and allows me to wait a life time for some new content,
Or to be charged for a season release like fleet modules.....that was never supposed to happen, or to eliminate multiple currencies that turned into eliminate most in game currencies to only replace them with multiple real money currencies.

Sometimes the incompetence and deceptions are astounding...... My managament style is say what you do,and do what you say, stay ahead of the game, and not drop the ball or be dragged behind it by my legs..........but cryptic has brought consumer confidence to an unacceptable Star Trek low.......

Last edited by palpha2clearance; 08-03-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 213
# 170
08-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brackynews View Post
I kinda liked Crystal Pepsi, but not a whole lot. Most people didn't or they'd still make it. Crystal Pepsi is like the Matrix Online.
HEY! I LIKED MxO, AND Crystal Pepsi!


Seriously though, I couldn't say NOW if LTS is worth the price, I really can't comment on that. When *I* pruchased my LTS, at launch, it was most certainly worth the money. Now here we are 2.5 years later, and to ME it's still worth the money because it has paid for itself long ago, and now I am getting my $5 a month worth of Z-points for free. Also to me the beta is a nice bonus, even though there is no word on when it will go to beta yet.
VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:37 AM.