Career Officer
# 171
08-03-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkshadow9498 View Post
I am getting my $5 a month worth of Z-points for free.
I'm not gonna get my stipend until around the 10th, but I'm assuming that you've gotten yours since they switched to Zen. Did you get 400 Zen or 500?
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/BuffyFanForever/Misc%20Pics/CustomSizeforSTOSignatureImagesSelection3.jpg
Empire Veteran
# 172
08-07-2012, 09:55 PM
The biggest perk to it is where you get things for each character like respec tokens where its around 500 some zen can't remember exact price so if say you have 15-30 characters that would roughly translate to 7500-15000 zen worth $75-$150 worth so once you've gotten respec tokens 2-4 times like that depending on characters you've gotten your money back not to mention the monthly fee's worth after 13 months.

It's mostly a combination of items and stipend so basically its not like you are getting a sudden burst of game wealth but its an investment for playing for a long period of time more than anything else.

Although I would never turn down more free stuff though.
Empire Veteran
# 173
08-28-2012, 12:50 PM
So when are we getting the neverwinter beta invites?

Varrvarr: formerly Varrangian

Last edited by varrvarr; 08-28-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Community Moderator
# 174
08-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varrvarr View Post
So when are we getting the neverwinter beta invites?

Varrvarr: formerly Varrangian
They haven't announced a start date for beta yet, so there's nothing to invite us to. Remember, PWE decided to make it an MMO instead of a cooperative RPG, so they had to push the whole development schedule back.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Empire Veteran
# 175
08-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
They haven't announced a start date for beta yet, so there's nothing to invite us to. Remember, PWE decided to make it an MMO instead of a cooperative RPG, so they had to push the whole development schedule back.
While I understand that, I also know that when I go to the Neverwinter site there is a big "access beta" button when I login, so I'm pretty closed beta is either going on or right around the corner.
Career Officer
# 176
09-08-2012, 10:40 PM
So, any word on when we might get sent keys? Announcement was a month or two ago now...

When can we expect keys to be sent out? How do keys get distributed? By lottery? Will EVERYone get a key? If not, it's not much of a "perk" now, is it? If I'm going to get a key I'd rather it was sooner rather than later, before my interest wanes completely... Would hate to get a key in a few months after any possible excitement might have worn off and be like "what the heck is this?? blah!"

Anyway, recently started playing a few other MMOs. Ai0n is pretty cool (WTF PWE? Censoring all reference to other MMOs? Or just that one? Grow up! @i0n, ai0n, a!on, so there! =oP Also played Jade Dynasty, might try out DDO, Cabal, Lineage 2, but I primarily play STO... Mainly just trying the other stuff 'cause I upgraded my video card and want to see the state of the MMO world *shrug*). Wouldn't mind testing out Neverwinter. Any updates on when this might happen? Kind of annoying to hop over to neverwinter, click excitedly on "access beta" and then get denied access and a beg screen for an as-yet non-existent 'key.' Seems like people shouldn't even be able to see NW unless they're actually able to access it. For instance by entering a redemption key into their Account area, which 'unlocks' NW visibility and usability. Seems silly to 'show' things that most people don't / won't have access to if they click on it...

Just my 2c. And for others who say it's probably not even up and running yet, well, fine. But I say this. If that's the case, why announce a perk you're not even ready to start giving out? That's just vaporware... What good is announcing a perk that might not start for 3 mos, or for that matter 3 years?

So, 1) when is NW Beta going live? 2) When will keys start going out? 3) will keys be given out all at once or as some kind of 'lottery' where people may or may not ever get 'picked' or some people may have to wait an exorbitantly long time.

I mean, I'd assume that if everyone will be getting keys, then keys should all go out relatively quickly to everyone. As opposed to something more haphazard like a lottery...

~MG

Last edited by mgmirkin426; 09-08-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 177
09-09-2012, 06:27 AM
So... the "quasi-perk" for playing STO as a paying customer really isn't since it is still sitting in production?

Cryptic/PWE, I recommend not announcing things until you actually have something to show.

Also... how about a real perk for STO Lifetime/Gold players that is actually in STO (beyond the 500 zen pacifier... aka rebate).
Starfleet Veteran
# 178
09-09-2012, 06:51 AM
lol link=broken altho i think i got 404'rd by links hot girlfriend......
Actualy reading things pefore posting will make you look smarter than yelling loudly. Reading comprehension is aparently a lost art.

Not everything you see on the internet is true - Abriham Lincoln
Rihannsu
# 179
09-10-2012, 03:21 AM
ya!!!!....... im sooo happy i will get a beta invite for a game i do not care to play come on now a beta invite really ...........
Lt. Commander
# 180
09-10-2012, 05:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
We are happy to announce that all Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscribers will be gaining access to the Neverwinter Closed Beta test*. Read more for full details.

Click here to read more.
That's not exactly a perk. The closed beta is only limited time and then it disappears. Also, if you want me to sub for life, give me benefits that affect this game, not another.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpfbJLLbczs