# 252
01-29-2013, 09:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
What is a Neverwinter?
http://nw.perfectworld.com/about
Handle: @kirian_darkstar
Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries
Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
Career Officer
# 253
01-29-2013, 10:08 PM
I don't know much about MMOs. The only one I have played other than this one is Lord of the Rings Online.

So is this Neverwinter basically a knock off of Lord Of the Rings like World of Werecraft?
Captain
# 254
01-29-2013, 10:11 PM
Apparently to get access Feb 8, you need to purchase the Hero of the North Founder's pack which costs $60 or Guardian of Neverwinter which costs $200. So these items are not currently available, but will be available by Feb. 8 or else no one is getting to play it on Feb. 8. This is what the packs contain.

Quote:
Neverwinter bounder's pack: $10, valued at $49, does not grant beta access
- Adventurer?s Helper Pack containing six different types of in-game items
- Small Bag of Holding for 12 extra inventory slots
- Amulet of Protection item

Guardian of Neverwinter Pack: $60, valued at $149, grants entry to three beta weekends
- Three-day head start access to Neverwinter Open Beta
- Unique Gold Moonstone Mask Regalia head piece
- Unique Armored Horse mount
- Unique Direwolf Companion
- In-game and forum Founder title

Hero of the North Founder's Pack: $200, valued at $549, grants entry to three beta weekends
- Five-day head start access to Neverwinter Open Beta
- Beta Weekend Friend Invite code
- Exclusive access to Menzoberranzan Renegade, a Drow playable race like the legendary ranger Drizzt Do'Urden, complete with unique racial abilities and tattoo
- Unique Armored Spider mount
- Unique Panther Companion
- In-game and forum Founder title
- VIP Game Access to skip-the-line and get priority log-in access
I assume that some of these items will eventually be on the Neverwinter's version of the C-Store since it says that they are valued at a certain price. Will be interesting to see what these items look like before getting them.

I will be playing this in March so I can see what potential STO's Foundry will get when they finally transfer it over since the devs have said that customizable ship interiors will be based on Neverwinter's Foundry Tech.
Captain
# 255
01-30-2013, 06:51 AM
I can't wait...for Orcish Lockboxes. When is ESO being released?
All cloaks should be canon.
Career Officer
# 256
01-30-2013, 07:12 AM
Definitely need more information on this as that ad tells me absolutely nothing.

Obviously we would assume that that is a lifetime sub type of thing else why would it be so expensive, in which case we need to see a matrix of who gets what? Otherwise, $200 for a species, panther and a spider seems a bit much. That combined with PWE's current habit of shoving everything half decent in a lockbox or store which is for the fruits of a gamble (lobi) or through a terrible grind (dilithium) would certainly put me off buying a big pack for that game.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neriz --- Eleven --- S'alesh --- Nizalay and maybe the odd Fed char too.
Defecting from the Federation to the Romulans from May 21st
Rihannsu
# 257
01-30-2013, 07:43 AM
I just got the email, and no where do the packages say lifetime membership, i dont think they will add them to any new games. They are just bonus packages.
New home of the Romulan Republic.
I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
Republic Veteran
# 258
01-30-2013, 08:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
I don't know much about MMOs. The only one I have played other than this one is Lord of the Rings Online.

So is this Neverwinter basically a knock off of Lord Of the Rings like World of Werecraft?
Neverwinter is a Dungeons and Dragons world.
Captain
# 259
01-30-2013, 08:09 AM
Considering that Neverwinter is a PWE game, then Neverwinter will be F2P with no subscription. Only reason why CO and STO have subscribers is due to the lifetime subscription. While the $200 bundle has some perks that are associated with subscriptions like priority access, it is not a lifetime subscription.
Career Officer
# 260 Neverwinter/Lifetime
01-30-2013, 08:38 AM
Star trek Online said lifers would get access to the Neverwinter Beta. Well as far as I know no Star Trek lifer has gotton a invite. I only bring this becouse Neverwinters beta starts Feb 8th
"Of course you know, this means war!" Bugs Bunny