Empire Veteran
# 51
06-25-2012, 01:02 PM
luagh my arse off a sto perk is beta to a fantasy game

you know for a second i thought you were going to give us a tier 5 connie which would relate to the picture you have on the site but no its to never winter (thanks ).

hey ho back to any other mmo
Captain
# 52
06-25-2012, 01:10 PM
To be honest, i AM excited about Never winter beta and had actually signed up for it the day before PW ruined the forums and all, but the problem some might have is the fact that the last time cryptic promised lifers closed beta access a lot of people ended up not getting it until the last weekend of. People ARE excited, but like a lot of things Cryptic has promised lifers, people will probably doubt it will be fulfilled properly.
Empire Veteran
# 53
06-25-2012, 01:18 PM
Considering this weekend I played House always win on max difficulty and received lock boxes 4 out of every 5 drops, PASS. until the lock boxes go away I will not drop one more penny into another Cryptic game. I am sure it will be fun but it's the principle of it all.

Heir to the high pony of holier than thou, Guardian of the Sacred Mallet of Thwarting, and giver of Baptismal raspberries since 02/02/2010
Rihannsu
There are so many people complaining here. Here's the reasons why I'm happy:

1) Neverwinter recently won PAX Best in Show on MMORPG.com

2) I've wanted more perks for my LTS. (Even though I still think we should get free keys)

3) Although some here are saying that closed betas are free, most are either too hard to get into or require you to prepurchase the game to get in. I prepurchased Guild Wars 2 and it cost me ?60, so I'm glad I get this for free.
Ensign
# 55
06-25-2012, 01:27 PM
Eh, let's just take what we can get. No harm in trying the game out, right?
Career Officer
# 56
06-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dariusmajere View Post
YAAAAAAAY I paid 299 to get access to a Beta... that has nothing to do with the Lifetime Perks towards Star Trek Online. Yayyy.. Betas which every other company lets you in for FREEEE... yay.. Ya know typically I have no problems with the stuff you have given us. But Seriously.. BETA access to ANOTHER GAME should not be a LIFETIME perk for a game called STAR TREK ONLINE. Something that Actually counts towards STAR TREK ONLINE ( and no foundry options coming out of neverwinter DO NOT COUNT). A Temporary perk in a way to troll in members who have dedicated themselves to your company is not a Real perk. It is a way for you to try to troll in Life time members to testing out your future cash cow that will most likely Get more Attention in the future then STO. All of your competitors Give Beta testing out to those interested, To those that DO NOT have to dole out 299/199 for a preview access.
They did the Exact same thing for Champs LTS when STO was going into beta. We should get in alot sooner than others.
Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Supporter of Cryptic.
Lieutenant
# 57
06-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Very nice =) That is all that I have to say! I like
----------------------------------------------------

STO Member Since November 2010 | Tribbles are Friends NOT Food!
Commander
# 58
06-25-2012, 01:34 PM
The Problem I see is that the most complainers work it this way:
"Hi, we are PWE. We offer you Beta Access. Give 300 bucks for it."
(the same way DOFF pack complainers try to "argument")

And that's plain and simply not the case.

You have your LTS with all it's perks (if that is fair, or good enough depends on the individual user who buys/bought it). Now you get an additional one.
Don't want the Betaacess? Just ignore it, you still have your LTS with the perks.
(NOT: see above)

Same with GW2: You don't pay for Betaaccess, you pay for a (yet to be released) Game, and get a Bonus Perk for paying in advance. Don't want to spoil yourself? Don't play the Beta. You still have the final product on Releaseday.

See the difference?
Captain
# 59
06-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Brandon, I have a question.

Will there be a similar Beta Access in the future for Golds and former subscribers (Semi-Silvers)?
Career Officer
# 60
06-25-2012, 01:38 PM
"Computer: Initiate holodeck program "Neverwinter". Safety protocols disabled."
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*

Last edited by nynik; 06-25-2012 at 01:41 PM.