Career Officer
# 71
06-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by designationxr377 View Post
People see Perk and they think "Reason". I doubt anyone at Cryptic was clasping their hands menacingly saying, "This will get us more life-sub cash" or "This will shush them". It's just like they did before, a perk.
Read the link.... on the other page it mentions the Lifetime Sale is ending soon

I also doubt this was Cryptics move......
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Captain
# 72
06-25-2012, 02:20 PM
Honestly, I wasn't really interested in Neverwinter, but I am not going to complain if someone wants to give me free access to it.

One question though, Since I am new to all this, How do we get our free access? Is it via in-game mail? Forum PMs? or the email we registered with on our account?
Career Officer
# 73
06-25-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbflordkrueg View Post
I am forced to agree with my esteemed colleage...:biggrin:

I have zero interest in NW...
But hey.. look at it this way. You can buy a LTS for NW and get access to the next closed beta for the next new game..
my new saying is "cryptic made me do it" in lieu of the the "devil"

Member since January 2010. I AM NOT A PWE FAN!!!!
Empire Veteran
# 74
06-25-2012, 02:31 PM
After losing my forum name, login name and the overall crappiness of the "new" website. I'm not really keen on any more PWE products.

GW2 has my fantasy itch covered. Just make my LTS mean something in STO. THX.
Career Officer
# 75
06-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Branflakes,
What has people upset is this:

They visit the new website (after this last weeks linking debacle) and see "NEW PERK FOR LIFETIME SUBSCRIBERS"

What would YOU think? "Oh a freebie?" "Yay, maybe some special in-game mission/assignment?"

You click the link and get, "Hey, go play this other game we're making and help us find bugs! Don't get us wrong thousands of people without LTS will also get to do the same thing, we just wanted to word it in a way that makes you think you're special so long as you don't think about it..."

It's very anti-climactic...

Some better headers might be:

"NWN Closed Beta Offer"
"Guaranteed Beta Access for LTS"
etc, etc.
Career Officer
# 76
06-25-2012, 02:57 PM
Oh goody, I can be a super-secret NW beta tester to a game Cryptic is too busy developing and putting my money into instead of fixing the MANY problems STO has? Smart. You can SHOVE the beta test, thanks.

I have to wonder if Branflakes can keep a straight face when posting this crap...
Career Officer
# 77
06-25-2012, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
I have to wonder if Branflakes can keep a straight face when posting this crap...
He gets paid for it, so what?

Join date: Jan 2010 - Original Forum Name: Rules.Of.Acquisition
Survivor of Romulus
# 78
06-25-2012, 03:13 PM
whats neverwinter?

is it like a version of WoW?
Rihannsu
# 79
06-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Thanks, but no thanks. :frown:

I'll pass on NWN and go with GW2. :tongue:

Instead, may I ask that STO lifers be considered for testing the Romulan Expansion to STO and the Cardassian Expansion to STO sometime SOON? hint hint...
Career Officer
# 80
06-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Why the hell would I want to point out problems with another game when I have enough on STO to point out? Try giving me a "PERK" I can use in the game I am a lifer for.