Commander
Thread topic: Post and discuss your ideas for new rewards, for example: Loot drops, STF store items, accolades, or whatever you like.

Hello,

I'm going to start this thread off by informing you that this thread is here for no other purpose than for us forum users to post and discuss ideas on topic, you and I should not expect anything to come from the ideas within this thread, that is totally the developers prerogative.

So please feel free to post or discuss any idea you like, whether it be a serious, constructive idea or a funny, non-constructive idea, it's cool as long as you respect the user who posted the idea. Most importantly enjoy the thread, use your imagination and have some fun!

My idea's for a new STF reward which is a 4 piece ground set that you would claim from the STF store currently only available at DS9. This is in my opinion quite a serious, constructive idea which would require some new art assets, work to create 12 new items and probably some more work from various other areas of the STO dev team, but I don't see the idea out of the realm of possibility.

My idea is based on...

1. Giving players the option to play as a liberated Borg that looks and plays like a liberated Borg.

2. Giving non lifetime subscribing players further incentive to purchase a life time subscription.

3. Giving lifetime subscribing players something new for purchasing a life time subscription.

The idea is to only allow players who have purchased a Lifetime Subscription the option to be rewarded with a four piece Borg ground set by playing STF missions. Which once one has acquired a complete set, whether it be Mk X, XI or XII, unlocks a new visual costume allowing the character to look like (from head to toe) a liberated Borg (though depending on which Mk set is unlocked may effect how many parts of the Liberated Borg costume are unlocked.

I've typed up what the Borg ground set specifications could look like below and I'm using quote boxes, just because I like the boxes. Here's a link to the Borg Drone (click) page at Memory Alpha which shows you what the costume unlock could look like and here's the Borg Drone called One which could be used as an alternative look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto
Borg Exo-plating Armor Mk XII
Very Rare Body Armor
Bind On Pickup
Brigadier General,
Lifetime Subscription,
Vice Admiral
Values do not reflect skills or other modifiers

+15 Starship Hull Repair
+5% Physical Damage
+17 Physical Damage resistance
+76 Kinetic Damage resistance
+58 All Energy Damage resistance
+2.5% Critical Chance
+2.4 Shield Regeneration every 2 sec
When receiving All Damage, 10% chance of applying
Autonomous Regeneration Sequence when health falls
below 20%
+62% Hit Points to Self and Team over 10 sec
Reduces Damage to Self by 10% for 10 sec
Quote:
Borg Regenerative Personal Shield Mk XII
Very Rare Personal Shield
Bind On Pickup
Brigadier General,
Lifetime Subscription,
Vice Admiral

+15 Starship Shield Emitters
281 Maximum Shield Capacity
Fully regenerates after not taking damage for 3 secs
Reduces All Energy Damage to Shields by 5%
Chance to knock down nearby foes when you take damage.
When receiving All Damage, 10% chance of applying
Multi-Regenerative Personal Shield when shield health falls
below 20%
+62% Shield Health to Self and Team over 10 sec
Reduces Damage to Shields by 10% for 10 sec
Quote:
Borg Prosthetic - Elite Drone Mk XII
Very Rare Ground Weapon
Bind On Pickup
Brigadier General,
Lifetime Subscription,
Vice Admiral

+15 Starship Energy Weapons
Rapid Fire Plasma Pulsewave Setting
Cylindrical AOE Plasma Damage and knock Back
136 Plasma Damage (124 DPS)
Damage reduces over range
50% chance: +6 Repel
2.5% chance: 6.8 Plasma Damage for 10 sec
+2% Critical Chance
+40% Critical Severity
Rapid Fire Plasma Arcwave Setting
Expose Attack
Cone AOE Plasma Damage and knock Back
227 Plasma Damage (32 DPS)
Damage reduces over range
66% chance: Knocks back +22 meters
2.5% chance: 6.8 Plasma Damage for 10 sec
+2% Critical Chance
+40% Critical Severity
Quote:
Borg Personal Transport Unit
Very Rare Ground Device
Bind On Pickup
Brigadier General,
Lifetime Subscription,
Vice Admiral

Personal Transport Unit
Transport
Transport approximately 1.5 meters behind your target
Targets Friend or Foe
40 meter range
0.5 sec activate
2 min recharge
Quote:
Part of a set Liberated Borg Mk XII (4/4)
Borg Exo-plating Armor Mk XII
Borg Regenerative Personal Shield Mk XII
Borg Prosthetic - Elite Drone MK XII
Borg Personal Transport Unit
Set 2: Multi-spatial Force Field
Targets Self
1.0 sec activate
60 sec recharge
Fixes shield offline debuffs for 5 sec
Increases maximum shield capacity by 30% for 20 sec
Reduces Damage to Shields by 30% for 20 sec

Skills that effect this ability:
Repairs
Set 3: Adaptation
Passive
When receiving All Damage, 2% chance of applying Borg Adaptation to self (perhaps only for a short period of time, maybe 15 sec to prevent problematic situations). Once Borg Adaptation is applied to self, you become immune to the energy weapon type you were receiving damage from.

Integral Neural Frequency Remodulation
Targets Self
0.5 sec activate
8 sec recharge

Overcomes Borg adaptation. Requires 2 seconds to apply new frequencies.

Set 4: Assimilation Immunity
Passive
+15 Threat Control
+15 Willpower
Chance to counteract Borg assimilation nanites. When resisting the Hive Mind, you will hear the the Borg collective calling to you, billions of voices speaking as one.
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
06-25-2012, 12:28 PM
dam you not saving my post.

NEW BREEN GROUND SET: Breen Warrior

Breen Crm-147 Assult Rifle

Primary Fire: Bolt shot
Secondary Fire: Freeze shot (Sniper shot that temporarely holds(freezes) target for X seconds while doing cold damage for those X seconds)
Damage Type: Cold

Breen Armour:
+X Energy Resitance
+X Kinetic Resitance
+X Physical Resistance
+X Perction
+X damage

Breen Shield:
+X Resitance
+X Perception
+X absorbs Y
+X Energy resitance

Breen Kit
Cyro Mortar III
Health Generator III
Ambush III
Tachyon III

2 - set bonus = Remodulator
3 - set bonus = Flanking Damage Bonus (Never turn your back on a Breen)

4 - set bonus = The Breen warrior outfit.
Commander
# 3
06-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thay8472 View Post
dam you not saving my post.

Snip
Sorry, my bad!

Here's the link to the old post (bit late for you but thanks for posting (again)!). :smile:
Community Moderator
# 4
06-25-2012, 12:46 PM
I confess I don't get why a ground item should increase a space skill.

Other than that, it's a nice idea. I personally don't want to play a Borg, but you could be right about something like this getting more people interested in an LTS.
Career Officer
# 5
06-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Well, the interesting thing there is that the costume parts exist.

The Amazon Borg has a female basic costume. A male version exists. Tack on Borg NPC gloves (which include assimilation nodes on the arms) and optional Borg bits. Could be interesting.

I'd like to see Reman, Jem'Hadar, Breen, and Cardassian ground sets... Maybe especially a melee centered set that is effective.
Commander
# 6
06-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegeek View Post
I confess I don't get why a ground item should increase a space skill.

Other than that, it's a nice idea. I personally don't want to play a Borg, but you could be right about something like this getting more people interested in an LTS.
I uploaded this video "Star Trek Voyager Clip: One Enhances Systems" moments ago just to show you how easy it would be (as well as canon) for a character using a Borg ground item set to be able to enhance some ship systems.

This was the first clip that came to mind but I also remember Seven of Nine using her Borg enhancements and assimilation tubules to access Voyager's computer system.
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
06-26-2012, 07:11 PM
re-reading it.. im going to say no to the borg thing... it'll destroy ground pvp worse than the omega set.

Limiting it to just LTS is inviting trouble.
Captain
# 8
06-26-2012, 08:24 PM
I mentioned it before in the previous thread, but the borg uniform enhancements should be available for every liberated borg captain not just for people that get this set since it is a part of who they are not a simple uniform like the MACO, Omega Force, or Honor Guard that needs to be earned. Now if it was some type of enhanced Borg uniform, that would be different.
Career Officer
# 9
06-26-2012, 09:15 PM
With the CE getting revamped, it reminded me of an old idea.

Since the CE is STO's version of a World Boss (Dragons or Gods in other MMOs), with it being so challenging, why couldn't it drop somekind of unique drop or something used for high-end or end-game level crafting? For instance, a piece of the Crystaline Entity that enhanced weaponry in giving it somekind of property.

In TNG, the Entity had a way of absorbing organics and turning into energy. So perhaps it would be like phaser with an energy drain proc? Or a ground weapon that had a bonus to attacking organic beings that got slightly stronger in attacking the next organic being? And as a weakness to prevent being overpowered, it would be ineffective against shielded targets.

Something similar could've been done with the Big Dig as an Old School Dungeon than a Fleet Action, where players would have to adventure through difficult mobs to a unique archaeological find. And perhaps taking it further where you might have to solve a mystery of hard-to-find NPCs in a type of Epic system where the end result is something well worth your time.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.
Career Officer
# 10
06-27-2012, 05:35 AM
Second Playthrough and Beyond Reward addition to "What Lies Beneath"

Mobile Holoemitter

Possession of this item unlocks an optional DOFF mission from Franklin Drake that will allow you to install one of your emergency holograms into the repaired mobile emitter. There is, however, one slight problem...

Since about the second time I played through this mission I wanted the ability to recruit the crazy hologram into my bridge crew so...yeah this is a theoretical way to get him into your crew in a way that makes sense. I.e. the holoemitter's form is locked to that of the crazy one, but the actual programming is that of an emergency hologram. It would require you to have at least one commendation rank in either military, engineering, or medical.
  • The quality of the BOFF you get is determined by the quality of the Emergency Hologram that you use for this DOFF mission.
  • The Emergency Hologram and the Mobile Holoemitter are consumed by the mission whether you fail it or not.
  • You can fail the DOFF mission.
  • The profession of the BOFF you get is determined by whether you use an Emergency Security, Emergency Engineering, or Emergency Medical hologram.
  • You can only have one of these BOFFs at a time.
  • This mission is repeatable and may be run as many times as you like.
  • The BOFF is bound on pick up.
  • The DOFF mission has no cooldown time, but will take 2 days to finish.
Closed Thread